WTB - Shotgun

Diamonds

I love my shotgun too much to sell it. I've fired quite a few weapons, and nothing to me is as fun as the boom of one.. an M249 SAW comes in a close second, but the rounds are so small and don't do enough damage to anything.

Go with a Mossberg Maverick 88 (12 ga, uses Mossberg 500 parts)

They can be bought new for less than $250.

No. That is the most jamming firearm I have aver owned.

If you are REALLY wanting to shoot trap... get a NICE over/under. If not, get a Benelli Semi.

:thumbup:

KillJoy

I love my shotgun too much to sell it. I've fired quite a few weapons, and nothing to me is as fun as the boom of one.. an M249 SAW comes in a close second, but the rounds are so small and don't do enough damage to anything.

... Shot a m240B? it should beat out the 249... and the Shotgun... if you like the 249 that is

No. That is the most jamming firearm I have aver owned.

If you are REALLY wanting to shoot trap... get a NICE over/under. If not, get a Benelli Semi.

:thumbup:

KillJoy

Really? I have owned one for years and it has never jammed. Even with field use.

And I would go with a NICE over/under for competition trap shooting.

Edited by dakotart

fuck mossbergs. all of them

ive mentioned it before...ive shot 2 different 500's that both had an issue with the shell stop. basically, say youve got 1 in the chamber, 3 in the tube. fire the round, pump the forearm to put new shell in, fire, nothing. wait what?

once i fired, when i started to pump the forearm, it released the shell early, when the arm came down to lift the new round up, it actually pushed it out the bottom, and loaded me up with nothing.

one was a 12g, one was a 20g.

my 870 on the other hand, as beat to fuck as it is after owning it for ~12 years, i have never had a single issue. you can get one for <$300 new and if you take 1/2 as good of care of it as i have mine, it'll last you, your kid, and probably your grandkids.

ive owned quite a few shotguns and there is only one kind i have that has broke actualy it is the only gun ive had that has broke and it was a MOSSBERG 590.

i would find a used Remington 870 if youre starting out, try ohio valley outdoors in the used section they have some pretty good deals on some, seen one for $175

+1 More for the 870...handles anything you will throw at it reliably.

Not always true. My NIB 870 that I bought a couple years ago jammed like a MF'r. Seems that Remington got a little carried away with that shitty coating they're putting on their newer firearms, and caked the chamber full of that shit.

You'd fire a round. It'd expand, per the norm. Then it'd get stuck from the overly tight chamber. You'd have to slam the butt on the ground to dislodge the shell.

It was an easy fix with some steel wool and a dowel rod, but it should never have happened in the first place.

My Mossy 500, on the other hand, has been flawless.

Both work wonderfully now, and I'd recommend either to anybody. I have the silly habit of completely tearing apart every weapon I buy to tinker with it. I usually do a trigger job while I'm in there, and fix any factory fuck-ups, along with whatever else I find necessary.

i have both a 20 gauge and 12 gauge mossberg and ive never had any issues with either one of them ever. i use to work out at black wing and the days i wasnt working id take either one of them up to the range, run them all day and not one problem what so ever.

buy a 870 or 500 cheap enough to see if you really want to justify the expense of a semi auto shotgun and if you don't like it you can either sell those or turn them into home defense guns, honestly I like to shoot trap/skeet but it gets boring to do it after a while. Any one can easily bust 90 percent of what they aim at

Brian 249 is the 5.56, 240b is the 7.62 carried in a weapons squad still in use by everyone today. I haven't got to try to lighter version of it, seems like most of them are getting used by people who are deployed

Both work wonderfully now, and I'd recommend either to anybody. I have the silly habit of completely tearing apart every weapon I buy to tinker with it. I usually do a trigger job while I'm in there, and fix any factory fuck-ups, along with whatever else I find necessary.

Mind doing a trigger job on my 500? Oh, and, umm, any word on that FFL?

Ill sell you my remington 11-48 Autoloading Riot Grade with riot barrel and trap barrel for $350.00 this is a beautiful wonderful strong weapon made of quality steals during the time period which the remingstons guns name legend was born.