New from Columbus...

mattmiller85

Hi my name is Matt, I live in Columbus. I bought a 2010 Camaro LS back in January. Here is the mod list:

Seriously it is still bone stock which I know is totally unacceptable. Really. The only thing I've done so far is switch to synthetic motor oil on my first oil change. Axle back exhaust coming soon. If one of the big name tuners would finally start tuning this 3.6 DI, IPS could then get to work on a TT kit. I'd love to go for that in the next couple years if I can get my wife's buy-in too.

I definitely need some better pics with a less shitty camera, but here are some pictures. Not sure if vBulletin will resize them, if not, sorry for the huge pics.

*Edit I resized them myself

http://mattmillertime.com/camaro/images/IMAG0020_500x375.jpg

http://mattmillertime.com/camaro/images/IMAG0016_500x375.jpg

http://mattmillertime.com/camaro/images/IMAG0017_500x375.jpg

http://mattmillertime.com/camaro/images/IMAG0024-500x403.jpg

The website I made for my car because I'm a programmer by trade.

Also, I got a trophy at Motorhead Mayhem on Sat., so I met some of you there...Hi again.

Any one else here have the LLT v6?

• Upvote 3

Welcome,* Matt.

Great looking car. What types of meets/events are you interested in? I think CR has about everything: motorcycles, boats, jet skis, auto cross, drag racing, rallying, drifting, ricer fests.

*illustrating the importance of proper punctuation

Welcome,* Matt.

Great looking car. What types of meets/events are you interested in? I think CR has about everything: motorcycles, boats, jet skis, auto cross, drag racing, rallying, drifting, ricer fests.

*illustrating the importance of proper punctuation

I'm most interested in car shows/drag racing although I've never taken a car down the 1/4 mile (there has to be a first time for everything, right?). I also had dirt bikes growing up. I sold my KDX200 after going away to college because it was just collecting dust/taking up space in my parent's garage.

Very clean!

Welcome to CR +Rep

http://www.halolz.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/03/v8.jpg

Yep, knew it was coming, lol. For sure I've taken my fair share of lumps for the v6 decision. While the LS3/L99's are without a doubt awesome, GM packed a hell of a lot of car into the v6 for a $24k sticker.

• Upvote 3

I'd say you came to the right place to learn. Lots of members here drag race regularly and about all of them are willing to walk you through the process. I had my first trip down the strip in (Scott) Cordell's Camaro a few years ago. Also, there are many excellent sponsors of CR who can provide good advice and take care of tuning/dyno/mods if you need them at some point. Just ask around.

There's a CR track day this fall, grudge racing about every week at Marion County (numerous members here go regularly), and there's even a current thread for a few guys from here going tomorrow to National Trails if you're interested in spectating/possibly riding along on a run.

I hope you'll take advantage and attend some events.

Yep, knew it was coming, lol. For sure I've taken my fair share of lumps for the v6 decision. While the LS3/L99's are without a doubt awesome, GM packed a hell of a lot of car into the v6 for a $24k sticker.

+rep for a decent well thought out response.

good intro, everyone has to start with some level of speed. welcome to the site. your best bet, if you decide you want to have a fast car, is to start with a better/faster platform---as opposed to 'custom' tt kits, but that's my advice, take it with a grain of salt.

welcome to the site, good introduction

I'm most interested in car shows/drag racing although I've never taken a car down the 1/4 mile (there has to be a first time for everything, right?). I also had dirt bikes growing up. I sold my KDX200 after going away to college because it was just collecting dust/taking up space in my parent's garage.

ill seel you a ktm so you can relive your child hood :D

welcome saw your car at the show looked good

Welcome.

Tooooo much sidewall on those tires lol

Don't hate, those are the baddest fucking steelies ever made. Yes, steelies. I would love to have a set for my car. No joke either, I think they look sick.

eh dont listen to him, i got that alot at first to lol. i dont have a new V6, but i do have one that will give all the new ones a run for there money :D

I'd say you came to the right place to learn. Lots of members here drag race regularly and about all of them are willing to walk you through the process. I had my first trip down the strip in (Scott) Cordell's Camaro a few years ago. Also, there are many excellent sponsors of CR who can provide good advice and take care of tuning/dyno/mods if you need them at some point. Just ask around.

There's a CR track day this fall, grudge racing about every week at Marion County (numerous members here go regularly), and there's even a current thread for a few guys from here going tomorrow to National Trails if you're interested in spectating/possibly riding along on a run.

I hope you'll take advantage and attend some events.

as this man said, im out at trails every wednsday night and i know a few other members are going out tomorrow.

good intro, everyone has to start with some level of speed. welcome to the site. your best bet, if you decide you want to have a fast car, is to start with a better/faster platform---as opposed to 'custom' tt kits, but that's my advice, take it with a grain of salt.

welcome to the site, good introduction

Oh, for sure. I wasn't looking for something to be super quick. I wanted a daily driver with good looks, that's also a blast to drive. There are a couple people on camaro5.com with bolt-ons in the 13's which is pretty good (imvho) for a car this heavy.

Oh, for sure. I wasn't looking for something to be super quick. I wanted a daily driver with good looks, that's also a blast to drive. There are a couple people on camaro5.com with bolt-ons in the 13's which is pretty good (imvho) for a car this heavy.

thats not suprising considering a set of long tubes alone adds like 35 hp to those things

I bought an automatic, and every single day I wish I would have waited a little longer for a good deal on a manual t/a. I imagine driving around a V6 model always wishing I would have dropped a few more bucks for just the base model V8 is like that times ten.