Turbo opinion thread

V8 Beast

Does it make more sense to change the set-up on the TA or buy a new car? Looking at the pricetag for all the things needed (forged bottom end, turbo kit, some custom parts, etc) I could buy a car thats already built. You never really know what you are going to get with an already built car but thats two fun cars for the price of re-doing one.

Thoughts...

Does it make more sense to change the set-up on the TA or buy a new car? Looking at the pricetag for all the things needed (forged bottom end, turbo kit, some custom parts, etc) I could buy a car thats already built. You never really know what you are going to get with an already built car but thats two fun cars for the price of re-doing one.

Thoughts...

I am one of those buy it dont build it guys cause Im lazy and would never finish a project car if I ever had one. I say keep your ta and buy another car that way you have two toys instead of one. When you say built though how built are you talking about? You talking built block with forced induction and what not, or do you mean a bolt on car with a little extra? That kinda matters to. Also what platform are you lookin into working with? A lsx motored car I will assume but I could be wrong.

Not selling the TA.. no need to. I dont like any of the new cars out. All the cars I'm looking at are under $23k

I am one of those buy it dont build it guys cause Im lazy and would never finish a project car if I ever had one. I say keep your ta and buy another car that way you have tow toys instead of one. When you say built though how built are you talking about? You talking built block with forced induction and what not, or do you mean a bolt on car with a little extra? That kinda matters to.

I was thinking more of an 11 second built block turbo car. Something that has potential that someone else is giving up on.

Not selling the TA.. no need to. I dont like any of the new cars out. All the cars I'm looking at are under $23k

I was thinking more of an 11 second built block turbo car. Something that has potential that someone else is giving up on.

I see. Be smart when shopping and do your homework on the car and what not, like current setup, who did the work on the car, bla bla bla before you buy it and chances are you will be ok. Don't just go in blind and hope for the best. Chances are you will be smart about it so I dont see you running into any problems as long as you do your homework on the car first.

Come to think of it.....

I know it's more than you are looking for, but AWD motorsports was selling their 8.9 second street evo for 35k

Dollar for dollar, best deal I've ever seen.

Ofcoarse that was a couple weeks ago, it's probably gone.

once you drive a 10-11 sec evo, youre going to lose all interest in that TA

I dont know, I rode in switzers that was 630wheel I believe and one of the white quick evos from up north. They were both fun but I would still rather have a similar hp turbo TA. I guess its all what you like and what your looking for

why not just try and sell the motor from your ta to fund a turbo motor??? then you hopefully wont have near as much in your turbo motor as you think... Or pull your n20 motor out find a car you want to swap it into and start building a turbo motor for your 4th gen

Guest tbutera2112

let me rephrase what i meant with my comment

10 sec turbo car = more fun than 10 second NA car

turbo on the TA is obviously the best option, but he appears to want more than one car - so it didnt seem feasible

boost is addicting