What's it worth?

El Karacho1647545492

My friend just inherited a number of old shotguns and a rifle from his stepfather. One is a SxS Parker Bros model 1878 twist steel made in Meriden, CT. We're wondering the best place to get this *honestly* appraised, as it may be worth a good deal.

Also, he has a decent condition Sears Roebuck & Co Ted Williams Model 300 12ga autoloader I think I'm going to buy from him. The only issue I have is that it appears to only be a 2+1, and I wanted to make sure I could extend the mag tube using Winchester 1400 parts. Anyone have any idea about this?

Can't help with an appraisal, but I'll caution you against test-firing that SxS with modern ammo (assuming you didn't already know). Twist steel barrels are not going to hold up to modern pressure levels.

Gunboards has a shotgun forum, they are about the best resource out there.

Can't help with an appraisal, but I'll caution you against test-firing that SxS with modern ammo (assuming you didn't already know). Twist steel barrels are not going to hold up to modern pressure levels.

Gunboards has a shotgun forum, they are about the best resource out there.

yeah, definitely no test firing going on until we have the guns looked at by someone who knows what they're doing.