Racing ILLEGAL and got busted at Pacemakers on saturday

CRAWDAD

I went to Pacemakers to race with the Mid Ohio Ford Club on saturday. I have been tweeking on my suspension trying to drop my 60' times. blah blah blah on to the real story.

First pass: launched the car at 4500 spun the wheels and was all over the track (1.78 60'). I drove thru it and went 7.52@99mph

Second pass: Guy stoped me in the water box and told me that I couldn't go faster then a 7.50 and I just went a 7.52 and that he was just letting me know. I pull up to the line and launched the car a little softer at 3500. car hooks and goes (1.65 60') and ran a 7.28@99mph

Dude they were on the radios and the golf carts looking for me instantly. Well they found me and were cool about it. I asked them if it was ok to dial in at 7.50. they said sure just don't run faster then that.

So I dialed a 7.59 and peddled it all day and made it to the SEMI FINALS. But every person I race I told them what I was going to do and why I was doing it. Not because I was sandbagging!

Anyways - I am shopping for a cage now! I knew I was to fast and needed a cage, I was just waiting to here it from the track.

no tech.

They were having an NHRA JEG's series Points race and the NHRA track officials where there. That is why I am thinking they were cracking down!

No big deal - I knew I was Illegal

I also don't have a Drive shaft loop! which I need one of those to run that fast too.

Good they still let you run. I don't understand why people would break the rules when it comes to safety. The first thing I would do with a car that is cooking down the track is put in safety systems. You toss a drive shaft and it will mess you up along with your brakes.

I am probably the only one at the track that day who had Front and side impact airbags.

I am not sayin it is a replacement for a roll cage, I'm just sayin.

I keep hearing how people don't want to put a cage in their car because it makes it a racecar and not a steet car. About 15 years ago I watched a 15 second car blow a tire at trails and roll over the wall. Luckily the guy was ok, but it just goes to show, you never know. As far as having air bags, yes they might help, but if that car for some reason gets upside down, you'll wish you had every safety piece there ever was. Anyway a roll cage can have swing out bars so it's easy to get in even on the steet.

I keep hearing how people don't want to put a cage in their car because it makes it a racecar and not a steet car. About 15 years ago I watched a 15 second car blow a tire at trails and roll over the wall. Luckily the guy was ok, but it just goes to show, you never know. As far as having air bags, yes they might help, but if that car for some reason gets upside down, you'll wish you had every safety piece there ever was. Anyway a roll cage can have swing out bars so it's easy to get in even on the steet.

I seen a 14sec car lose it and hit both walls at norwalk in July.