anybody know anything about the ford flex?

Dave1647545494

I was looking at the new "Titanium" model online seating for 8 trailer tow ecoboost v6 awd and its not super ugly perfect wagon for haulin around the family. I've never worked on one and I don't know anybody that owns one currently so I'm not sure if they are junk or not.

http://go2.wordpress.com/?id=725X1342&site=fordnewsblog.wordpress.com&url=http%3A%2F%2Ffordnewsblog.files.wordpress.com%2F2010%2F05%2F2011-flex-titanium.jpg&sref=http%3A%2F%2Ffordnewsblog.wordpress.com%2F2010%2F05%2F

I am not sure about any known problems, but from the times I've been in one I really like them.

The interior is cavernous. Unless you are over 7' your legs won't come close to the front seats when sitting in the back. The second row also reclines (although I think this is an option).

They are really quiet and with the standard 6 in there, should deliver low to mid 20's on the highway.

Also, the nav and sync are pretty slick and work really well.

At 4800lbs, thinking it'll get 20mpg is a bit optimistic. I'm betting mixed driving will get you around 17mpg unless you have a heavy foot. I believe someone saying low14's stock may be a bit optimistic, as well. Ford themselves only estimated a 7sec 0-60. I'm guessing a high 14 at best.

"I really like the Scion xB. If I could just buy something bigger and twice as expensive..." ;)

Seriously, not a bad looking suv if you like the boxy look. It at least gives it a bit of unique look and you can always mod the big bitch. Out of curiousity, what's the tow limit on the ecoboost?

The Flex has always had an incredible soft spot in my heart and for some reason I love the styling. My wife and I have looked at them a number of times but as said before, the pricing is just a TAD out of range and by tad I mean tons :).

What I couldn't get over is the amount of room inside. I'm 6'4" and I was able to sit just fine pretty much no matter where I was. Which is a big selling point for me. I always thought my only hope would be to purchase an Excursion to have some leg room.

I don't know anything about the issues these cars have, but everyone I've talked to that own one have just raved about how great they are.

I have the Lincoln version, the MKT with EcoBoost. The MKT is a little more cash, but looks better and has quite a bit more plush factors, and less plastic. It did turn 14.38 @97.2 for me... I've thought about tuning it, but with the newer engine and transmission, I think I'll keep the warranty in place for now.

The biggest problem I've had so far is with the brakes. The dealer replaced them at 2k miles due to several known issues and TSBs. It's run fine since.

I also average about 21mpg on the highway and about 18.7mpg combined. It's a nice vehicle.

• Upvote 1

I have the Lincoln version, the MKT with EcoBoost. The MKT is a little more cash, but looks better and has quite a bit more plush factors, and less plastic. It did turn 14.38 @97.2 for me... I've thought about tuning it, but with the newer engine and transmission, I think I'll keep the warranty in place for now.

The biggest problem I've had so far is with the brakes. The dealer replaced them at 2k miles due to several known issues and TSBs. It's run fine since.

I also average about 21mpg on the highway and about 18.7mpg combined. It's a nice vehicle.

Not bad. Better than I thought or had read about the mpg and performance.

The Ecoboost MKT is actually a lot of fun to drive, doesn't feel nearly as big as it is. Where did you buy yours?

I would have bought a new 2010 Flex a couple months ago until I read this.

4,500-lb. towing capability when

equipped with Class III Trailer Tow

Package, which includes a classexclusive

Trailer Sway Control

So instead I bought a new F-150xlt Lariat 4x4 supercab which has a towing capacity of 8300-11300 depending on which rearend gear you have.

If the Flex was able to pull 8k-10k I would have bought it.

We have an ecoboost Flex at work, it's super nice. With various people trying it out and likely doing plenty of wide open throttle, it's reading an average of 21.3 MPG.

I have no idea about long term reliability yet, but based on what I've seen from under the hood, it wouldn't exactly be a pleasure to work on. However, the under engine tray is super pimp and pops off with just four thumb screws. Which I guess is handy.