stk bottomend

headers/ 3" cat back with Borla muffs

it went 13.10@109 2.01 60ft spinning and it wouldnt shift at wot

also want to add it was a mild tune and ran with no knock on 91oct

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

driver mod... I ran a 14.6 at 93 my first track pass ever. let alone on a stock gtp with 115k on the motor..

^^ Exactly what I did with my first GTP back in 1997 with 2,000 miles on it. Keep in mind, back in the day that was great. Hence the reason for my screen name. My 99 ended up in low 13's. Headers, tune, cam, not much more than you. Dyno Brian is God.

I have 3" FWI, Intense can tune, front PEM, 2.5" d/p with cat, and 3.5 pulley. I run 14.1@97 with a 2.1 60'.

If I had headers, good tune, 3.4, and tires I bet I could dip into mid 13s.

chad, if you could even get yours to hook, you would hit 13's as is. werent you running 14.3's stock?

benner, get some good tires and get those 60's down.

When I scanned your car at trails it was fat nasty. (typical canned tune). Lean it out, put some headers on it, port the blower, get some rockers (I used 1.8/1.85 on mine) you can get some cheap rockers on CGP these days.

You can do the above for $500 if you look hard enough.

When I scanned your car at trails it was fat nasty. (typical canned tune)

True I didn't even think about that. I'd probably pick up a decent bit of power just off the tune. Wan't it commanding something like 10.1 afr at WOT or something crazy?

Tires and tune, and I bet you would bet pretty damn close to a 13.5. Tires are one of the most important mods, but people HATE spending money on quality ones.

Yeah I'm gonna get a decent set before winter. I may try and pick up a set of drag radials during the winter.

I'd really like to do a run with a set of slicks and skinnies and see what it'll do but I don't have the money for that as well as other mods.

E85 or Race Gas.

The 3800 (being a cast motor) is verrrrry sensitive to knock with heads that really don't flow well. You're relying on mildly efficient means of making power (the supercharger).

If you aren't changing the means of getting air into the engine, a decent alternative is to consider the octane. On paper, E85 only has a chemical 100 octane, but it can pull so much heat during evaporation (roughly 2x gas) the equivilant octane can exceed 116. This is great for our cars as roots blowers aren't the most efficient adiabatic devices.

Pulley + E85/Race Gas under a carefull eye can be a very potent combination.

I had a 2000 GTP

2.8 pulley/ported blower/intake

ported heads/intercooler

xp cam/915's/lightweight pushrods

stk bottomend

headers/ 3" cat back with Borla muffs

it went 13.10@109 2.01 60ft spinning and it wouldnt shift at wot

also want to add it was a mild tune and ran with no knock on 91oct

Wow... not to be a dick but that's horrible. intercooler, heads, and a cam and you only went 13.10... I mean obviously there were problems if it would shift, but I would have just said fuck it at that point.

But you do have a bad ass TA to make up for it ;)

Wow... not to be a dick but that's horrible. intercooler, heads, and a cam and you only went 13.10... I mean obviously there were problems if it would shift, but I would have just said fuck it at that point.

But you do have a bad ass TA to make up for it ;)

Yeah the trans was probably hating life. Mine got to the point right before I had it rebuilt thy it wouldn't shift if I was into the throttle hard at all.4t65hd is the definite weak link to these cars