New guy here

Alty941647545539

Hey all ! My name is Eric, I'm 30 from Canal Winchester. My newest project/toy is a 1989 Nissan 240sx SE with a swapped sr20det. It's a total rust bucket and I'm currently looking for another shell, but it's fun to drive :) Sorry no exterior shots yet of the 240....I'll take some this week.

http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/nn148/alty94/IMAG0262.jpg

My daily driver/winter/family hauler car is a 05 Pontiac G6 GT.

http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/nn148/alty94/G6/DSC00095.jpg

Took a break from the scene for a while and had a few kids...Now that they are getting a little older, I finally get to start re-acquiring my toys :D

That's about it....any questions and what not, just let me know !

-E

Edited by Alty94
Resize of first pic
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 4

Welcome, be carefull with that panoramic roof on that G6, good luck with with your 240 project.

I've had the car for a few years with no issues on the Pano roof yet (knock on wood) but it's noisy as hell on the freeway when it's closed. Needs readjusted to make a tighter seal when closed.

Does your hotside ic piping go from like 2 to 2.5"? Looks like after the turbo where its facing forward, it gets bigger. Looks like a 2-2.5" transition.

Anyways nice car and welcome.

It does...from the turbo it goes 2 then 2.5 to the IC. Not sure why it's like that and it's something I'm looking at replacing. It's hard to see in this pic, but it does the exact opposite on the intake. it goes from 2.25 (roughly) to 3 after the MAF. There is a silicone coupler that expands it to 3. I'll take a side angle pic to show you what I mean.

It does...from the turbo it goes 2 then 2.5 to the IC. Not sure why it's like that and it's something I'm looking at replacing. It's hard to see in this pic, but it does the exact opposite on the intake. it goes from 2.25 (roughly) to 3 after the MAF. There is a silicone coupler that expands it to 3. I'll take a side angle pic to show you what I mean.

Thats odd... You think they would of just ran 2.5" piping with a 2 -> 2.5" silicone coupler, instead of actually changing the piping size itsself...

Thats odd... You think they would of just ran 2.5" piping with a 2 -> 2.5" silicone coupler, instead of actually changing the piping size itsself...

Agreed, but they did a nice weld job on it. The transition is smooth and doesnt seem to effect anything. I'm running the stock turbo with stock ecu and waste gate, so it's only at 7psi right now. I have more fuel than I need (big fuel pump and injectors) and will probably pick up a boost controller in the next few weeks and start slowly up-ing the boost while trying to keep my A/R closer towards the rich side.

Agreed, but they did a nice weld job on it. The transition is smooth and doesnt seem to effect anything. I'm running the stock turbo with stock ecu and waste gate, so it's only at 7psi right now. I have more fuel than I need (big fuel pump and injectors) and will probably pick up a boost controller in the next few weeks and start slowly up-ing the boost while trying to keep my A/R closer towards the rich side.

Be careful with boost controllers lol. Costed me a bottom end.

I'm looking at a Profec B II from Greddy. My buddy has one on his WRX and he has not had any boost creep problems (yet) I'll leave a manual gauge on it to verify and hopefully if the solenoid goes, I'll catch it in time :D

I had a Greddy Profec B Spec II also, and jesus that thing was the most confusing annoying boost controller i ever used. Having to set the wastegate opening pressure, the gain, etc. I could NEVER (repeat) NEVER got my boost stable. It always creeped or fell off or something. Granted that was probably cause i had a 57trim inducer wheel on my stock turbo. My inlet was bigger than the exhaust outlet so that probably didnt help.

I'm looking at a Profec B II from Greddy. My buddy has one on his WRX and he has not had any boost creep problems (yet) I'll leave a manual gauge on it to verify and hopefully if the solenoid goes, I'll catch it in time :D

If you are looking around for boost controlers, check out hks evc products ive never had one issue with any of hks products.