THEY DID IT AGAIN. SHOT A DOG DEAD

87GT

http://www.tbd.com/articles/2010/09/family-outraged-after-officer-shoots-dog-13692.html

:mad::mad::mad::mad:

Family members claim they called police for help Wednesday morning, but when officers arrived, they were treated like criminals and an officer shot and killed their family dog. It all unfolded in the 1100 block of Fiji Lane in Landover.

Continue reading

23 Comments

* Sign in/Reply

* View all »

* Share159

dog shot

Four-year-old Mercedes, a Rottweiler mix, is the latest dog shot and killed by police in Prince George's County.

Dog owner Sterling Barlow said about Mercedes, "Cold blood... Shot in the head for no reason."

The problem started when owner Sterling Barlow's brother pulled into the family driveway after work early Wednesday morning. The family claims two men immediately approached, armed with a gun and demanding his car. The brother managed to fight them off, ran into the house and came back out firing his gun.

"If somebody did that to your family you will retaliate the best way you know how," said Barlow.

After a shootout with the alleged robbers, the two brothers called police. When police arrived, Barlow says things got out of hand with the officers and his innocent dog paid the tragic price.

Barlow said, "One grabs me in the head lock and starts punching me in the face."

Mother Dwana Barlow said, "The police officer wouldn't even let me go to the bathroom... and held me hostage in my own house."

While being wrestled to the ground by five different cops, Barlow and witnesses in the neighborhood tell us a female Prince George's County officer shot the dog in the head.

Barlow stated, "While this was going on I said 'please, don't point a gun at my dog.' I begged her. She didn't need to be involved in this. She was in the yard."

But Barlow was arrested and charged with multiple crimes, including insulting an officer. Police say the officer acted appropriately when shooting the dog.

Neighbor Barbara Wells said, "The dog did not attack anyone. He never approached anyone. Even as the officers grabbed Sterling the dog didn't do anything."

Police spent hours Wednesday searching for the full police report. Around 10:30 p.m. Wednesday, police called ABC 7 News on the phone and confirmed that an officer did shoot and kill the dog out of self defense. There will be a police investigation but that officer will not be placed on administrative leave.

The alleged robbers have not been found.

Short URL: http://tbd.ly/9lZdEE

I'm sure there is a lot being left out of this story.

"The brother managed to fight them off, ran into the house and came back out firing his gun."

With all the confusion, you can't tell me the dog wasn't worked up.

I agree. That story is about as chopped up and full of holes as the media can make it. All in effort to stir multiple pots. Well done Joe Press.

I agree. That story is about as chopped up and full of holes as the media can make it. All in effort to stir multiple pots. Well done Joe Press.

This. Do any of you honestly believe a cop blew away a dog that was sitting calmly in a side yard watching its owner wrestled to the ground by FIVE cops?

Bullshit. That dog wasn't plopped down on its ass daydreaming.

How so many younger people are so against cops is something I'll never understand.

i'm sure the dog came at the cop aggressively. i'd shoot it too, and so would 90% of the people on this site. the other 10% would get attacked. if you can read that story and not think at least 50% of the story is missing then you're fucking retarded. typical media stirring the pot.

i'm sure the dog came at the cop aggressively. i'd shoot it too, and so would 90% of the people on this site. the other 10% would get attacked. if you can read that story and not think at least 50% of the story is missing then you're fucking retarded. typical media stirring the pot.

+1

While being wrestled to the ground by five different cops, Barlow and witnesses in the neighborhood tell us a female Prince George's County officer shot the dog in the head.

So he was wrestling with 5 different cops yet he was innocent :confused:

Im sure since he was the one that called the police he didnt appreciate being treated like a criminal but he was probably acting a fool.

I think it was uncalled for, but m sure the dog was being crazy and whatnot.

As to the young guys not liking police...I dont have a problem with them i have a problem with certain cops in certain locations. I.E. arena dist. those cops already have a bad taste in their mouth about being down there and they wanna treat people who defend themselves like they just committed murder. I hate it honestly! Im not bad mouthing the law but ive been told by the law that those officers tend to "take it to the extreme" when not needed.