Need a minivan

Prodeje79

The 97 Taurus appears it may need a new torque converter. It is at my friend's dads shop z-tech now. This is looking to be a $650 repair if that is indeed what the issue is once it is opened up.

Wife wants to dump it and wants a brand new vehicle. We don't want to risk wife and baby breaking down during the winter...

We are thinking minivan. Brand new or VERY close to it.

We really like the 2008-2011 Dodge Grand Caravan

(which also includes the Chrysler T&C and VW Routan)

We had a rental for a month and loved it.

We at least want the 3.8L engine.

I think the wife likes the Honda Odyssey as well.

May consider other 7+ passenger crossovers/SUV.

We will consider very lightly used (like 15k miles perhaps?), especially if it is a fully loaded one.

Any leads on getting a deal on one?

Thanks!

Edited by Prodeje79

Is there a budget? How many kids/pets, now and in near future. (5 years or less)

We had a 2008 Nissan Quest that we bought with 20k on it and sold it at 45k without any issues. Rode/Drove great, handled two kids and all related crap well, and did awesome on road trips. A good friend of ours has a 2005 Quest she bought new and has over 135k on it now and besides regular maintenance it's been a champ. It was the reason we bought ours after riding/driving it a couple times.

If you don't need to take more than you/wife/1 kid, a full size minivan might be overkill, just imo. They're more expensive and I highly doubt you'd use all the space, so maybe try looking at a Mazda5? They are sporty, drive well, and are cheaper than any other minivan new I believe. Back when we looked at them in 2007/2008 they were like $19k new, but we found an awesome deal on the quest and bought it instead.

hi!

I appreciate the response. I love nissans (have two maximas ..VQ engine), I will take a look.

We plan on expanding soon.

We also have a big black lab too.

we are targeting 20k plus maybe a decent down payment perhaps.

wife does not like the T&C, so that's out...

I put my support behind Kia/Hyundai, but it might not have enough amenities for you. My Sedona is as stripped down as they come and that's how most of them were sold. They're dirt cheap on the used market. Mine was 2 years old with 26k miles and I got it for 11.5

Possibly, but we bought our 08 Quest in August of 2008 w/ 20k miles on it for $15k, msrp was over $26k, it was maybe 8 months old, and had 20k miles on it, clean title, nothing abnormal about it, bought from a local dealership, etc. That's a deal. Funny thing is we sold it a year later with over 45k on it for $13k, yeah, we did alright. I'd chose a Nissan/Honda/Toyota over a Kia/Hyundai any day, personally.

I drive a 2010 Grand Caravan SXT, decently optioned. It sees 1000-1500 miles a week.

Option-wise, it's nice and aesthetically pleasing. The 4.0L has some decent power.

The bad? The six-speed auto trans is junk, the van has various electrical glitches, and overall is so-so.

I would not recommend one, as the bad outweighs the good.

I appreciate the response Clay.

Those are no longer around, but are the same as the Kia Sedona basically right?

We have a baby sitter, and we are going to look at and test drive about everything we can today.

We are considering cross over suvs too, but they just do not seem to have the luggage space the minivans do.

oh here are the 6 months photos!

http://momentsbyvanessa.com/blog/newborns-and-babies-photographer/eli-spohn-6-months-old/

My parents have an '08 Entourage and are very, very happy with it. I've driven it and it's a great van....HUGE inside as well!

I think the new chrysler minivans are absolute shit, especially compared to the competition.

I agree. We had two Oddy's and I won't go back. Our 07 Entourage had an MSRP of $29k but we picked it up with 4,000 miles with the 100k warranty for $19.9 OTD.

I can't rave enough about it. Takes a beating with my wife behind the wheel and two kids and two dogs in it, but it looks great still and has all the goodies we could ever need. No squeaks or integrity issues. Couldn't say that about my 7th Gen Accord or our last Oddy.

If you can find one with low miles, you will likely get a great deal.

Satan's Charriot:

http://www.pbase.com/timothylauro/image/123489992/medium.jpg

http://www.pbase.com/timothylauro/image/123489991/medium.jpg

awesome, we will check those out today!

Is this like the Kia Sedona or not?

I will keep googling, but I am wondering if a maxed out Kia would be a good choice if an Entourage is not available...

http://ask.cars.com/2009/01/kia-sedona-hyundai-entourage.html

I drove the flex in consideration of a company car. It was certainly nice. The minivans though buy you more bang for the buck. If I were to get a wagon, there are others I would look at.

Kia is the same as Hyundai, just a little different in terms of trim and option. Very much the same as Chevy vs GMC with Kia being Chevy.

I drive a 2010 Grand Caravan SXT, decently optioned. It sees 1000-1500 miles a week.

Option-wise, it's nice and aesthetically pleasing. The 4.0L has some decent power.

The bad? The six-speed auto trans is junk, the van has various electrical glitches, and overall is so-so.

I would not recommend one, as the bad outweighs the good.

A Chrysler vehicle with electrical and transmission issues? There's a shocker, lol. I'm sure it will burn oil in a few years as well.

We went to the georgesville auto mall today. We spent the most time at Toyota.

My wife LOVES the 2011 Toyota Sienna SE

see: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ql-N3F1FhW4

She also likes the Honda Odyssey.

We took a look at the Kia Sedona. Not much selection, plus seems all are low models?

I've searched a few local sites. So far we have not found an Entourage locally. If someone sees one let me know. ...Just one to look at in person that is fairly loaded would be nice.

I think we are going to steer clear of the dodge Chrysler vw vans....

Probably realistically looking at a used: Odyssey or Sienna

But I will search for a LOW LOW miles loaded 2007 or 2008 Entourage that is Certified Pre-Owned.

I've found a few that are outside of Columbus so far.

If you've narrowed down to the Sienna and Odyssey, I would recommend you to go with the Sienna. It's a lot smoother and quieter then the Odyssey. I have a Touring Odyssey and it's ride really rough. It's handle a lot better than the Toyota, but it's a minivan so handling might not be what you're after. Good luck.

We went to the georgesville auto mall today. We spent the most time at Toyota.

My wife LOVES the 2011 Toyota Sienna SE

see: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ql-N3F1FhW4

She also likes the Honda Odyssey.

We took a look at the Kia Sedona. Not much selection, plus seems all are low models?

I've searched a few local sites. So far we have not found an Entourage locally. If someone sees one let me know. ...Just one to look at in person that is fairly loaded would be nice.

I think we are going to steer clear of the dodge Chrysler vw vans....

Probably realistically looking at a used: Odyssey or Sienna

But I will search for a LOW LOW miles loaded 2007 or 2008 Entourage that is Certified Pre-Owned.

I've found a few that are outside of Columbus so far.

So I guess you won't be stopping by then? That's a bummer. :lol: I honestly never see any serious issues with the Routans.

I still have that pre-owned Odyssey if you are looking for one as well.

Still lookin....

I discovered the kia sedona comes in an EX and can come with leather and entertainment system/dvd

Found a 2008 under 6k miles:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qJxJoD4ZsL0

Interesting video it recommends after watching... VID00016.MP4 by mondovideotron

ummmmm