Flag football at Sports Ohio main thread

V8 Beast

• Replies 461
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Leigh one thing you do not want to do is be run heavy in flag football with screen blocking. That can become a liability. 2nd, check down man is there just need him to find a spot that he can sit down on or leak out. On some of the plays we will switch positions and keep doing so to confuse them. Deep ball will always be there but the medium to short route is what gets my attention. People in this league like to watch the qb and follow where I am looking. I learned a very longtime ago to look the safety off and u can see that on film. We will go over and clarify things before game time.

Steve,

Based on what I saw in the video I sent you 3 plays that I think will work every time. They are based on redirecting the defense on one side so they "chase" 2 or 3 receivers while the play is being ran on the opposite side. It worked well in the last game and I think it's a good tool even on goal line stances. Also they can be used as run plays too. I'll explain in the meeting.

7:30 Friday. Ill pm and text everyone the info. Also with flag football you need to run about 35%. Even if its not the rb the qb running the ball is the best option an offense can have. 7 yards here and there open up the passing game. There were a bunch of plays were Steve had 15 yards of daylight and sat in the pocket and passed. They didn't respect the run at all which made playing defense way too easy for them. If we don't have a nice mix of run and pass their zones will destroy us. Not to mention when those other teams blitz it makes you reconsider everything. On Friday scout d is going to give the o a wake up call. I'm going to show you guys what the team that scored 63 was doing on defense... shit is money!

7:30 Friday. Ill pm and text everyone the info. Also with flag football you need to run about 35%. Even if its not the rb the qb running the ball is the best option an offense can have. 7 yards here and there open up the passing game. There were a bunch of plays were Steve had 15 yards of daylight and sat in the pocket and passed. They didn't respect the run at all which made playing defense way too easy for them. If we don't have a nice mix of run and pass their zones will destroy us. Not to mention when those other teams blitz it makes you reconsider everything. On Friday scout d is going to give the o a wake up call. I'm going to show you guys what the team that scored 63 was doing on defense... shit is money!

That is what I was talking about. I was not very mobile last week. I am fine for this week! That team was basically running rocket formations and utilizing there speed like we will. They will not know what hit them. The team we are playing is the team that was warming up on the basketball court when we was! After we go up by 4 td's we will try some of the trick plays also to see if they will be effective!

Yes, just tell me what position you want to be in.. err um I mean play :lol:

Good game everyone! Build from it and keep rolling!!!!

Areas of improvement - Offense

- The huddle got thrown away for some reason

- Players ran what ever routes they wanted

- Plays took too long to develop

- Lack of communication

- Only one voice on the field

- Substititions

- Communication

Overall: O is much better but still not as organized as I hoped for. We need to get consistent structure before we play a really good team. Thats on you Steve.

Areas of improvement -Defence

- More disciplined in zone play

- Better deep ball coverage

- Stay agressive all game long

- Substitutions

- Communication

Overall: First team was strong, second team was not. Phils going to fix that.

I think we made a huge improvement from last game. Offense did a lot better, defense had a couple of missed assignments but they made it up with a couple of INT's for TD's and some great 3 and outs.. We are a little rough around the edges but we are shaping very well.

We're going to have an advantage that other teams dont have over that blue team, the spanish pantalones, that was playing while we were warming up. They've completely blown out the teams the first 2 games and from what i saw their strategy is just lateral lateral lateral on offense. Well we'll have close to the same color shirts and may be able to call for the ball or stay in position to where they'll just lateral it to us at a glance

From now on "I WILL BE THE ONLY VOICE ON OFFENSE" Having more than one person speaking is no good. I was being nice at first but no more! First team offense will go as this: WR-Left: Leigh, WR-Right: Brandon, Slot: Romeo, Center: Ice. Darren likes to jog his routes and cry and complain when he gets no passes so he will be a sub for whoever gets tired first! Know the formations and signals, run your routes or sit the fuck down and watch! If you need to know any of them ask now. I also need to know when you guys are free to practice! If you do not have my number, it is 614-354-2624.

After each play jog back to the huddle. Get your formation and jog out. We will change up a blocking scheme for those 2 man line blitz's as well!

Steve stfu ! Lol

Brandon you are permantly on O/ keith you are. On d.

As for keith, this is your new sub rotation. 3rd series go for a dline/ 4th series go for mlb/5th go for other dline. Sit 2 series repeat process.

Defense, better job overall, but the dbs have to jam and drop, I gotta get to the qb faster, dave you played amazing, I'm glad u were moved to mlb cuz it worked out so much better for us