Flag football at Sports Ohio main thread

V8 Beast

• Replies 461
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im being sent back to north carolina this friday until the wednesday before thanksgiving. So i wont be able to make the next couple games. If someone lives or works close to marysville, let me know if you can pick up the shirts from my friends shop. If nobody is able to at all, i'll try to work something out with him

Quick note... The bump and zone is why the db's got burnt. On a few plays it left them running back with their back to the o trying to get position. Forgot to bring it up after the game. Luckily for us the other team couldnt catch. have to find a new strategy to give the line more time on the blitz.

P.S. Phil you cant keep showing up late as hell. Plan to arrive with enough time to test your changes out before we put it in the game. If you're going to be serious about it to the point that you are yelling at people then your ass needs to show up with the rest of the team and practice.

Edited by V8 Beast

9pm, field 2. The team that likes to latteral and runs hard as hell. They play all year round and were deep into the playoffs 3 1/2 weeks ago.

aint no thang, I was thinking about this earlier.

the defenseman going to make the tackle really has to commit to the tackle and not worry about the pitch man, otherwise you'll likely miss the tackle or the man wont pitch, but if you commit, you'll either force the pitch or get the tackle.

this is the hard part, everyone is going to have to play till the play is dead, we're going to have to get pursuit by the lineman and mlb on the pass plays in case of the pitch, we're going to have to key in on the pitchman.

If the pitch is in the backfield, it would have been forced by the lineman, and i'll pick up the pitchman.

if we keep the pressure on throughout the play i think we'll be able to force a number of turnovers or atleast some dead balls

aint no thang, I was thinking about this earlier.

the defenseman going to make the tackle really has to commit to the tackle and not worry about the pitch man, otherwise you'll likely miss the tackle or the man wont pitch, but if you commit, you'll either force the pitch or get the tackle.

this is the hard part, everyone is going to have to play till the play is dead, we're going to have to get pursuit by the lineman and mlb on the pass plays in case of the pitch, we're going to have to key in on the pitchman.

If the pitch is in the backfield, it would have been forced by the lineman, and i'll pick up the pitchman.

if we keep the pressure on throughout the play i think we'll be able to force a number of turnovers or atleast some dead balls

Yeah, play it like you would an option. If we are disciplined and not just chasing the ball we'll be fine. Practice before the game is going to be critical to figuring out our gameplane.

Phil... can you figure out a man zone blitz package that would work?

Its hard to do a man zone blitz with only 5 players.

The key to blitzing is to have 2 show blitz, one blitz's and the other drops while a third blitzs from the opposite side. And play zone middle partial flat and deep safety for anything beyond 10 yds. You need a good safety though

Its hard to do a man zone blitz with only 5 players.

The key to blitzing is to have 2 show blitz, one blitz's and the other drops while a third blitzs from the opposite side. And play zone middle partial flat and deep safety for anything beyond 10 yds. You need a good safety though

Thats the problem with 5 on 5. No matter what you do there are going to be gaps

Looks like we will get there early and practice since nobody wants to commit to a sat practice. Guys they like to blitz 2 and 3 at a time so quick slants and stop routes are going to be crucial Sunday. That and quick fly routes. When I say go take off like a bat outta hell!