Flag football at Sports Ohio main thread

V8 Beast

• Replies 461
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As much as I would love to be there 2 hrs early you all have to relize. I leave Friday nite and I'm in a different state, most tournaments don't end til 3 or 4 on sundays, if I'm back by 630 7 8 I'm lucky and ill be there. I'm not just sitting at home til the last second. And since me romeo and darren ride together we have to wait for my ass. So that it what it is, plus we live 45 minutes away from that place

As much as I would love to be there 2 hrs early you all have to relize. I leave Friday nite and I'm in a different state, most tournaments don't end til 3 or 4 on sundays, if I'm back by 630 7 8 I'm lucky and ill be there. I'm not just sitting at home til the last second. And since me romeo and darren ride together we have to wait for my ass. So that it what it is, plus we live 45 minutes away from that place

Well then.. thats not cp time. Ok, you can yell at people again ;)

Its easier to catch w/o gloves. Save your money. The ball isn't coming at you at nfl qb speed

It can :). We will be killing them when they decide to rush 2 ir 3. I have a mis-direction play that will fuck them up as well. will be very interesting this Sunday I tell u!

As for cvg we may divert from the bump and run on every cvg, but we need to be way closer. Ill be back there this wk. If I see the issue ill correct it. But we still will be doing bump and run on most plays. There is a way to do it every play, I can just tel most of you don't kno what the hell your doing. You don't have to have your back turned to run backwards. Its like teaching junior high skills all over again.

As for cvg we may divert from the bump and run on every cvg, but we need to be way closer. Ill be back there this wk. If I see the issue ill correct it. But we still will be doing bump and run on most plays. There is a way to do it every play, I can just tel most of you don't kno what the hell your doing. You don't have to have your back turned to run backwards. Its like teaching junior high skills all over again.

This shows you dont know what you are doing.. Let me explain why... There is a one yard gap between the db and the wr. To get a good bump is going to take about a second. During this second of slowing down the wr who is jamming the center and the back... no one. So you are telling me you can get back to a zone that may already be occupied without turning and running full speed to make up for that half a second you already lost? Romeo got toasted by their slow back and he was back turned full go to get to his zone.

Here is where you messed up. This is not a play you can run against every formation unless you plan on jamming more people. Either that or the back has to be far enough in the back field to be able to make up for the time and someone needs to chip the center. If the back lines up as a flanker then its saying we'll bump these two guys... you go ahead and run deep all by yourself (which happened twice). You can stick that junior high stuff back in your pocket, that was all the coaches fault. Again, we are lucky they dropped those 3 sure td passes. It wasnt technique it was the play calling.

I've been giving you guys enough rope to hang yourself. To be honest I dont plan on quitting so go ahead and do what you do.. just dont act like your shit dont stink afterwards... Now go yell at yourself for running that d when they had an empty backfield and we only had 2 jammers.

Edited by V8 Beast

Phil u are making things way to difficult. Coverage should be easy and ur making things worse! In junior high u learn how to read and cover. You also learn how to keep shit in front of u and keep things in levels! You had someone in 2 levels but the third level was wide open. Jamming a wideout is done in 2 cases and is inter-twined for a reason as we know with the blitz and it was not. I will be glad 2 show u how 2 do so in which I did at DB for years! Stop acting as if u are deon sanders and listen for once. There is no I in team. Remember that! Edited by Big Steve

Easy now boys. No fighting. Just keep the man in front of you. Give them 5-6 yards, but don't give them the deep ball. We got lucky a lot last week with that team dropping balls.

Its not fighting, its me trying to set him straight before he gets himself burnt this week. That and take some ownership for bad play calling.

It is hard to cover a deep zone and bump. Especially without turning your back and running with the receiver(which if you are running deep with a receiver in your zone you should be covering like that anyway and look back for the ball when the receiver is looking to catch it or you're in a good position with a hand touching the receiver to know where he is.) Bumping in zone works more for the man covering the flats because he's already pretty much in position. With the one yard cushion it makes it that much harder because you're losing time to get back to the deep zone and there are other receivers that are already running out untouched that have steps on the db. The deep cover guys should be about 5-7 off, take their read steps, communicate what they see to the rest of the defense and back pedal from there until a receiver is in their zone and then run with that receiver. Communication is the biggest part. Letting people know when a receiver leaves your zone and enters theirs, yelling ball when the pass is thrown, yelling run if that's what it is.

Yes. The play was an experiment that didn't work as well as we wanted, it happens. Let's find something that does. We don't have to throw it out but it needs fixed in certain formations. It got us way more sacks, but also got us burnt. Phil will have to find an equal medium. Even if its as simple as making a modified zulu out of it when the back lines up split. Have the backer and line cover deep and have the dbs watch the flats after jamming while the other dl watch the middle after a fake blitz. It won't help with the sacks but it will keep then honest... just a thought, take it or leave it... I'm high on cough syrup typing and wishing I was having sex like all of you at 7:30 :lol:.