Flag football at Sports Ohio main thread

V8 Beast

• Replies 461
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After talking with phil and Romeo, we think that we need to switch people often. Like I came out alot for either Brian or phil. I had no problem with this at all. Leigh and Romeo switched often as well. Basically play a different position often.

I also vote that we use that long snap stlye and have Brian do it or whatever. Only reason saying is ause your bigger and could be a better blocker. (not knocking you at all ice) so say it's phil or Steve at qb, Brian snapping Darren or Romeo at rb and Leigh and myself at wr. Or something alon those lines but the point is to have to bigger guys to block so we can get downfield. This is only for a certain formation not saying the whole game. I think that will help us get the ball downfield for passes.

The option was great. Hats off to phil. One thing I think it needs is just watch down field cause the middle is open and their cheating up so they got burnt alot down field. Other than that it's a nice way to open up the deep ball.

Im not defensive minded but we were getting burned!!! But not much you can do when you have to cover someone for 15 secs, shit looks tiring lol. One thing I did notice is looking in the backfield and not the man.

Steve, I like you on the line! They have fear in the eyes when your empire state building ass is running Towards them :lol:

LOL! I watched the video and we couldnt have done anything with that guy even if we tried. He threw better when he was pressured and scrambling. The only time we stopped them they actually stopped themselves. We need to work more on out scoring people and less on d. 5 on 5 isnt enough to cover the entire field. Going through all the tapes every team has huge gaps no matter what they do.

I'll be Steves center since he will be back 12 yards and Ice will be Phils since Phil needs to be close for the runs to work. Phil, Romeo, and Ice are our run package. (I'll come in for an extra blocker if needed). Leigh, me and Steve will be the pass package. We'll rotate around a lot next game just to keep the other team honest.

Defense we are going to start gambling. This league isnt made for defense so we should at least get our moneys worth. Blitz hard and often and if they score who cares they were going to any damn way. If we get 2 picks or a few sacks a game its worth it.

If u are going to blitz a lot let me cover the deep third or be a robber. I seen a lot of passes that could have been picked or batted down if we have someone who has experience of covering those areas. Also, how many times have we said stop staring in the backfield? Too much of that. Keep tabs on the wr's not the qb. Learn how to peak but keep tabs. We are playing 1 of the top 2 teams again so we gotta be on point or get killed again!