Best online G E D program?

Comebackkid

Well just to say I don't wanna here anyone's face about I should've went to school yada yada yada.. But it's time now that I get it done so I can get a degree in something and start making the good money..

So I need to know any good website that once I complete my testing that my GED will be on my record or where ever they put it.. So websites and how much

Not sure of any online, but contact your local highschool. Most highschools will have a program where you can get your GED, if not, they can point you in the right direction. Adult career centers are another good place to look for a program.

Any college that he wants to get into will look into it, and require either a diploma or a GED. I only bring this up because in his first post, he mentioned that he would like to obtain a degree. Also, I do beleive the man said he didn't want to "Hear your face" regarding what he should have done, but didn't.

If we were in high school, this is the point at which the teacher would use you as an example of poor reading comprehension, or at the very least, slovenly research.:gtfo:

On topic, North Adult would probably be a good place to start.

Fuck it and lie?

What the hell kind of job (with a high school education) is a job going to "research" on for a 24 year old?

KillJoy

Anything that pays more than minimum wage? If they do a background check, it's on there. I wouldn't even consider somebody without a GED or HS diploma for ANY position.

Well just to say I don't wanna here anyone's face about I should've went to school yada yada yada.. But it's time now that I get it done so I can get a degree in something and start making the good money..

So I need to know any good website that once I complete my testing that my GED will be on my record or where ever they put it.. So websites and how much

i can't offer any advice beyond what others have already stated. that being said congrats on being motivated. Carry that attitude with you throughout your studies and you will succeed

Thanks guys and I make 2x minimum wage lol so I can still build a fun toy and with having 2 kids and have my own house.. I'm a forklift driver and I just don't see my next 20yrs doing it.. I wanna make 50k +$ a year doing something I like doing. I want a degree so bad I can taste it

I wouldn't even consider somebody without a GED or HS diploma for ANY position.

This is funny because say u was a manager at automotive shop and u needed some one to run a department. So ya I don't have a degree or a education that proves I'm qualified to do the job but can show you that I can do the job and get it done right, you still wouldn't consider me? Hell if it's a really good paying job I'll work for free just to prove to u I can do that type of work. I'll admit there's alot of stuff I don't know about cars but I have the will to learn and I promise you I'll figure it out..

Thanks guys and I make 2x minimum wage lol so I can still build a fun toy and with having 2 kids and have my own house.. I'm a forklift driver and I just don't see my next 20yrs doing it.. I wanna make 50k +$ a year doing something I like doing. I want a degree so bad I can taste it

you dont really *need* a degree to do 50k...doing collections i did 57k in 2009...was on track to do about 56 this year when they decided to can me for "performance" (ha. they took away 1/2 my accounts yet wanted me to pull the same #s. what a joke)

Its not about the degree as much as it is an outside judgement of the persons character, commitment, and level of responsibility. You could have done drugs, made babies, and passed by the skin of your teeth... All an employer sees is you are able to comprehend enough to finish school, you are not a quiter, and not enough of a trouble maker to get expelled.

If you look back just exactly how much did you learn in school after you turned 16? I didnt learn anything useful after that point until I went to college... but then again I went to Brookhaven :lol:

Its not about the degree as much as it is an outside judgement of the persons character, commitment, and level of responsibility. You could have done drugs, made babies, and passed by the skin of your teeth... All an employer sees is you are able to comprehend enough to finish school, you are not a quiter, and not enough of a trouble maker to get expelled.

If you look back just exactly how much did you learn in school after you turned 16? I didnt learn anything useful after that point until I went to college... but then again I went to Brookhaven :lol:

I went to marion franklin and I felt like they wasn't teaching me nothing

Not sure how to take that but I thought I sounded ok lol

The only way one could read your post out loud and think they are ok is if they have an accent so bad that they whistle when they talk.

That said, good luck in school and take some extra English classes while you are there.

Roy, the ex girlfriend recently got her GED. you can get them at any career center. Delaware Area Career Center offers them for sure. got ne questions gimme a call and i can help the best i can.

also in reference to your text last night, im not sure. i redid my wastegate/dump tube last night. 5 hours of welding in the garage for a shitty result. and i forgot this metal ring that goes between the manifold and the wastegate flanges(wtf is this btw). its not spooling properly so its all gotta come back off.

50k+ per year is more about who you know then just having a degree. I guess it depends on what degree your thinking about. Besides a few of the professional degrees your gonna be sadly surprised when you finish school and make 35-40K with your degree starting out.

I know you didn't act for my opinion, but its the internet so you get it anyway:-) Start a business if you want to better yourself. Degrees are becoming a dime a dozen.