Speedway Gas Sucks

Wease

On rare occasions I put it in my car, like last week when gas was about to shoot up 30 cents overnight, I stopped off and put their "top" stuff in my SVT Contour. I think it's 92 octane. It never fails, I get really shitty gas mileage. :mad: I've always been anal about the gas mileage in my cars. I fill them up and figure it out nearly every time. In the Contour, I typically get 25-26 MPG in the warmer months. I filled up yesterday after a tank of Speedway, and it was 22.9! WTF? Is the stuff just that bad? I stick to Kroger or Giant Eagle almost all the time, due to the discounts, but like I said, sometimes I do put other stuff in there.

Anyway else have similar "luck" with Speedway? :(

We are about to switch over to winter gas soon, maybe they did already. I notice my gas milage goes down in OCT NOV every Year and comes back in April. This is Mobil and Shell. I lose between 1-2 Miles per gallon in the winter.

I guess that's possible, but it also happened to me over the summer, back in maybe June or July. I just never have any luck with it and I'm sure it's because it's "second tier" stuff.

On rare occasions I put it in my car, like last week when gas was about to shoot up 30 cents overnight, I stopped off and put their "top" stuff in my SVT Contour. I think it's 92 octane. It never fails, I get really shitty gas mileage. :mad: I've always been anal about the gas mileage in my cars. I fill them up and figure it out nearly every time. In the Contour, I typically get 25-26 MPG in the warmer months. I filled up yesterday after a tank of Speedway, and it was 22.9! WTF? Is the stuff just that bad? I stick to Kroger or Giant Eagle almost all the time, due to the discounts, but like I said, sometimes I do put other stuff in there.

It looks like I have only filled up twice at Speedway this year. My first tank was about above my average mpg for the summer. The 2nd is my current fill-up.

Since I started tracking in May of this year, I have been getting the best gas mileage with Sunoco or Marathon.

High with a tank of Marathon was 56.91 mpg

High with Sunoco was 55.81 mpg

Overall average since may is 47.62 mpg.

How many miles do you get on a tank of gas in the Contour I'd like to compare to mine Is yours all stock?

just a heads up, kroger doesnt have there own gas, we get whatever is cheaper, which most of the time is BP.

How many miles do you get on a tank of gas in the Contour I'd like to compare to mine Is yours all stock?

All stock, 129K miles. 25 MPG with a 15.5 gallon tank, filling it up around with around 1.5 gallons left = 350 miles per tank.

just a heads up, kroger doesnt have there own gas, we get whatever is cheaper, which most of the time is BP.

I know it's not their own, I'm just saying that I use it and Giant Eagle (which I know is Citgo) because of the 10-20 cents per gallon discount I routinely get.

All stock, 129K miles. 25 MPG with a 15.5 gallon tank, filling it up around with around 1.5 gallons left = 350 miles per tank.

I know it's not their own, I'm just saying that I use it and Giant Eagle (which I know is Citgo) because of the 10-20 cents per gallon discount I routinely get.

aight. just letting people know because some people refuse to use BP gas for whatever reason (like me because ive heard they have water in theres and it can ruin engines)

aight. just letting people know because some people refuse to use BP gas for whatever reason (like me because ive heard they have water in theres and it can ruin engines)

ive never been happy with BP gas, and don't ever hit kroger unless i dont know of a speedway in the area, and i think my mom has some points on her card. i havent lived at home in ~5 years but i guess our cards are still linked together.

stopped at the new kroger in johnstown on the way to mt vernon a few months ago and got .50 off per gallon. score

i have had no issues with speedway gas and I pay close attention to EVERYTHING as I data log my car everyday. I have had no unusual knock issues and I am tuned to the limit. I usually prefer Kroger 93 or a blend of 50/50 ethanol and 93 though ;)

I go to Speedway all the time. Almost obsessively, I love racking up the points. I have cashed in like 70K this year. I usually fill up at the begining and midway through week. I drive typically 6-700 miles a week. The Golf is averaging about 35 on freeway and 25 in city. Not bad for 195K 4 popper.

I do keep the tires pumped way up, typically 40-45 psi. Oil changes I have found are critical. As well as filters. I haven't really seen too many gains or losses from ignition components on a largely stock vehicle. Intake and exhaust are a factor in that too.

BP on the other hand has never gone well for any car I've owned. I thought I saw a report in TV once that said 95% of all gas comes from the same DC and is blended on site at the station. Meaning the pump runs from two tanks from the Low Octane and High Octane and gives you the mid grade.

Edited by Patterson
I'm a wordy person tonight.