got all my computer parts

John Bruh

Dont cheap out on the case unless you enjoy cut fingers, troof.

It's just as easy to cut yourself on a $200 Lian Li case as it is some $30 bargain case.

Proof...

http://i51.tinypic.com/2safsjm.jpg

My blood on my Cooler Master V8. Nobody makes me bleed my own blood!

Im on an insane water setup and only squeaked up to 4.2 so far.

Ide like to see voltage settings please!

You need to try harder or fix some settings.

I'm air cooled and did very little tweaking to hit 4.2 on my 920, and I abuse my CPU for long periods of time, with temps in the high 70's consistently at full load. If the room is hot, I'll touch very low 80's for a few seconds on one or two cores.

My blood on my Cooler Master V8. Nobody makes me bleed my own blood!

That cooler looks good but is overrated. COGAGE True Spirit - no cooler peforms better for less or equal money (and is cheaper than most decent coolers), and very few coolers perform better at any price. It isn't nearly as pretty though. :(

You need to try harder or fix some settings.

I'm air cooled and did very little tweaking to hit 4.2 on my 920, and I abuse my CPU for long periods of time, with temps in the high 70's consistently at full load. If the room is hot, I'll touch very low 80's for a few seconds on one or two cores.

I just tried a bit and still didnt have much luck. I do have a C0 chip, Im sure some of you guys have the D0 chip. I literally bought my chip the first week the i7 was out hah. I might just pick up a 930 chip and see what that gets me. In all reality though even at 4ghz thats pretty damn fast and overkill anyway ha

Im on an insane water setup and only squeaked up to 4.2 so far.

Ide like to see voltage settings please!

1.5v vcore on a homemade watercooling setup, all of the people i see with the high dollar wc rigs make me laff, me and my brother made one for about 60$ comprised of a cheap pump a 79 bonneville heatercore with ac and some pet store tubing. It's not really hard...

Edit: Mines a D0 was hand picked by my brothers friend in the back of a Fry's ;)

Edit #2: The motherboard is a DX58SO Engineering Sample, no such things as serial numbers ;)

A friend of mine build a homemade watercooling case. IE The case itself was made of copper tubing, and the water from the waterblocks ran through it. He also had a small radiator that it flowed through also. The pump was something from a small fountain. Worked pretty awesome.

That cooler looks good but is overrated. COGAGE True Spirit - no cooler peforms better for less or equal money (and is cheaper than most decent coolers), and very few coolers perform better at any price. It isn't nearly as pretty though. :(

Yeah, I didn't get the V8 to do any kind of insane OC'ing. When I bought my stuff it was pretty cheap (I remember spending more than I paid for it for heatsinks for my AMD XP 1600+ back in like 2001...lol) and had nice reviews. I took my D0 stepping i7-920 up to around 3.8Ghz for a couple weeks just for kicks but brought it back down because I just didn't feel the need to have it up there.

water cooling or liquid nitrogen will do it.

Actually, my 980x runs at 4.8 using a Corair H50 cooler. It's pretty sexy.

If we're going to have an internet dick swinging competition about who's computer is faster, make it for $1000 bucks, and I'll spot you 4 inches.

Actually, my 980x runs at 4.8 using a Corair H50 cooler. It's pretty sexy.

If we're going to have an internet dick swinging competition about who's computer is faster, make it for $1000 bucks, and I'll spot you 4 inches.

I'll do it for the Drag Radials you left in your trash that one day :p

I'll do it for the Drag Radials you left in your trash that one day :p

OH SNAP! I left some DR's in my trash?

Wait, I don't think I've ever even owned a set of DR's...

Lol. Either that was a joke that I didn't get, or you have me mistaken for someone else.:cool: