Mai 785gm-p45

4gb ddr3 ram

1tb hard drive

LG DVD-r

Wireless card

Internal card reader

Windows 7

All for $410.

The motherboard has a video card in it. The Guy said it should be pretty good, if not ill buy a gaming card.

What do you guys think?

Edited by John Bruh

heres a few tips since I don't believe you've built one before.

Put the processor and fan on the motherboard before you mount it in the case. I usually put the powersupply in the case first, then followed by the motherboard. You don't want to be moving around a big heavy powersupply near your delicate motherboard, so i always get it out of the way early.

What video card? $450 for all the above is a pretty good price but if it's got some shyte vid card you won't be able to play anything snazzy, and you'll need at least a 650W psu to move something decent. I pray to the great Allah for you that it's not anything ATI

Best possible tip. The very first thing you should do, is put your processor in the slot and get it locked in place.

And for gods sake make sure it is in the correct orientation, a chip should sink right in no fight or fuss, if you feel any resistance back off & verify.

Find out what GPU it is, even slower, older cards can play most games if you back off the settings and resolution enough, I suppose its more a matter of if you want to run more demanding games at 1080p, no hiccups, and ultra high settings.

Which I do with an ATI card, just fine :).

Best possible tip. The very first thing you should do, is put your processor in the slot and get it locked in place. You mess up 1 of 1000 pins and your out all that money.

Did you get / have any thermal paste for the cpu ?

Oh yeah you NEED thermal paste. Dont get any on your fingers though, it's a cunt to wash off.

Thermal paste comes with the CPU, noobs.

Oh wait, its an AMD.:bangbang:

Nice build, built mine 3 years ago and it still isnt too far behind.

Oh yeah you NEED thermal paste. Dont get any on your fingers though, it's a cunt to wash off.

Using a brown (commercial) paper towel with soap while washing your hands gets them clean of thermal paste. You can then throw away the paper towel, and your wife won't yell at you for throwing away a washrag that will never again be clean.

FACT.

What video card? $450 for all the above is a pretty good price but if it's got some shyte vid card you won't be able to play anything snazzy, and you'll need at least a 650W psu to move something decent. I pray to the great Allah for you that it's not anything ATI

No ATI? Haters gunna hate. I'm about to crossfire my 4870 since its sippin behind a bit on fallout new vegas. And you absolutely do not need a 650watt power supply for a mid range card. I have a Q6600 system with 4x hard drives in raid, my 4870 as I've said above (HEAVILY overclocked btw) and a 500watt powersupply. Never had a problem. I need to replace it with something in the 700 range for crossfire though :(

I've never seen a cpu come with thermal past..?

Every intel HSF has thermal paste pre applied to it. Its not the greatest stuff but anything C2D and newer runs cool enough that it doesn't matter.

No ATI? Haters gunna hate. I'm about to crossfire my 4870 since its sippin behind a bit on fallout new vegas. And you absolutely do not need a 650watt power supply for a mid range card. I have a Q6600 system with 4x hard drives in raid, my 4870 as I've said above (HEAVILY overclocked btw) and a 500watt powersupply. Never had a problem. I need to replace it with something in the 700 range for crossfire though :(

Every intel HSF has thermal paste pre applied to it. Its not the greatest stuff but anything C2D and newer runs cool enough that it doesn't matter.

While your dinosaur of a machine chugs along my i7 920 at 4.7ghz with hyperthreading on laughs at you. Any kind of video card thats a NEWER style WILL require a 550w and/or SLI cert'd PSU. Just becuz your DINO runs with the 500w psu from the 1980's doesn't mean new tech will.

Edit: ATI sux, tru story.

While your dinosaur of a machine chugs along my i7 920 at 4.7ghz with hyperthreading on laughs at you. Any kind of video card thats a NEWER style WILL require a 550w and/or SLI cert'd PSU. Just becuz your DINO runs with the 500w psu from the 1980's doesn't mean new tech will.

Edit: ATI sux, tru story.

i7 920 @ 4.7?? What the hell is YOUR trick???

i think AMD sucks ass, but you got it on the cheap i guess.

Thats exactly it. I built a QC 3.8Ghz oc'ed amd black air-cooled, with an ati 5850 also oc'ed, and haven't found a game I can't play maxed yet. Though I generally keep 4x AA and AF to save frames.

It holds its own fine and with a 22" monitor I netted around 650 bucks. Though admittedly I built the rig while I was also saving for a car. Had price not been a factor I would have went intel. All said, I am more than satisfied with its performance as a gaming pc, and more so considering price.