Saturday ride

ReconRat

Back from 200 mile ride. I wouldn't stop. Fuel tank is big enough I don't have to. Went east to 13, south to 78 at Glouster, then north-east over to McConnellsville on 78, and back west on 37 and 664. Gave me a chance to let the four howler monkeys out and let the torque puppy chase them around. Did 60 miles on Friday to warm up.

Notes:

1. There is still some brine salt on the roads. Especially on 78 in the steep hills.

2. Roads are clean, potholes minimal, but there is gravel or sand in a few places. Slipped sideways a few inches in a corner.

3. Traffic pretty heavy, lots of cars, bikes and/or squids out. But country roads had fairly light traffic.

4. People are now paying attention to the bikes, and being careful.

5. I can't find my summer bike gloves, and was wearing winter bike gloves, and they are better for knocking out the handlebar vibration.

6. Magnetic tank bags won't stick if there is something else over the tank.

7. I get goofy when I ride too far without stopping.

8. No leg or hand cramps, but my butt hurt for a while.

9. The scenery is dreary, it's all brown and dead still.

10. Fair amount of dead critters on road. Deer included. I saw an orange squirrel.

11. Farm vehicles are starting to move about on these roads.

12. I can't count how many times I've ridden these roads.

13. It's windy in March.

14. A truck ran me out of my lane, approaching a red light. I was in his right-side blind spot. I passed him anyway.

15. My rear tire is wearing out already. Geez...

picture.php?albumid=139&pictureid=2073

Edited by ReconRat
add pic

The wife and I went out to lunch on the Swing this afternoon' date=' it was way to windy for my taste. Especially with a passenger on back.[/quote']

I agree with you. It was too windy but i still went out for at least a little bit. It was still nice to be able to go like 35 lol

Yes, need new rear tire... but...

I just bought that last year.

It appears that I might be burning it when I take off.

Never noticed, too busy keeping the front wheel down.

Argh...

Back from 200 mile ride. I wouldn't stop. Fuel tank is big enough I don't have to. Went east to 13, south to 78 at Glouster, then north-east over to McConnellsville on 78, and back west on 37 and 664. Gave me a chance to let the four howler monkeys out and let the torque puppy chase them around. Did 60 miles on Friday to warm up.

Notes:

1. There is still some brine salt on the roads. Especially on 78 in the steep hills.

2. Roads are clean, potholes minimal, but there is gravel or sand in a few places. Slipped sideways a few inches in a corner.

3. Traffic pretty heavy, lots of cars, bikes and/or squids out. But country roads had fairly light traffic.

4. People are now paying attention to the bikes, and being careful.

5. I can't find my summer bike gloves, and was wearing winter bike gloves, and they are better for knocking out the handlebar vibration.

6. Magnetic tank bags won't stick if there is something else over the tank.

7. I get goofy when I ride too far without stopping.

8. No leg or hand cramps, but my butt hurt for a while.

9. The scenery is dreary, it's all brown and dead still.

10. Fair amount of dead critters on road. Deer included. I saw an orange squirrel.

11. Farm vehicles are starting to move about on these roads.

12. I can't count how many times I've ridden these roads.

13. It's windy in March.

14. A truck ran me out of my lane, approaching a red light. I was in his right-side blind spot. I passed him anyway.

15. My rear tire is wearing out already. Geez...

I can vouch for most of these. Slid on pea gravel a few times, windy as fuck, all cagers suck, finally saw some other bikers out this year, and my back is killing me from the two days of long, fast rides.

Put a few hundred miles under me this weekend, from Dublin to Morrow (near Marengo) then out to Centerburg this morning to see the family. Took sister for her first motorcycle ride and clocked another 50 miles. She never flinched or squirmed, says she is getting a bike. (17 yrs old) Then took my Mom for a ride.... she hates bikes, and even though I played nice with her, she was still pissed that I ride "so fast." (I kept it UNDER the speed limit on a fairly straight country road....)

l_4a9aab01301244fe86c924e35580c963.jpg

I didn't hit any real curves on my ride yesterday although I did hit triple digits, just briefly. It takes a little time to get used to the technical stuff once more and this year I will try to increase the corner speed a bit. Every day that I can ride, I will this year...

only positive thing i can think of from not riding is that i didn't have to battle wind or stupid driverrsin cars

The wind WAS pretty fucking brutal... especially when you make transition from low wooded area to high flat fields, those gusts were rather lively.

The wind WAS pretty fucking brutal... especially when you make transition from low wooded area to high flat fields' date=' those gusts were rather lively.[/quote']

yep i was warming up the 250 today and man i got scared.

The wind WAS pretty fucking brutal... especially when you make transition from low wooded area to high flat fields' date=' those gusts were rather lively.[/quote']

No joke there. I went to Cincy thursday night and was all over my lane. It was especially brutal in the construction zones.

I do remember large chunks of stuff blowing across the road in front of me. I wasn't worried about that part, I was looking for the mini tornado behind it. Not sure where a wind of that strength suddenly came from, but it really tore stuff up for about a half minute. It was throwing 2 foot square chunks of plywood up in the air and across the road. Errr, it was throwing everything up into the air. A big cloud of debris.