Wife doesn't want jewelry for Christmas...

Otis Nice

So I'm getting her a 9mm or 380. Any recomendations? Probably used since budget is tight so keep that in mind.

Last time we were out shooting I mentioned saving for a Benelli semiauto shotgun or Taurus Judge to our friend and she interjected, "I want my gun next." Instantly made me smile. She'd been nervous about shooting pistols in the past. Grew up with hunter all throughout her fam so shotguns and rifle are fine. Our friend, an Army MP, has been shooting with us a lot recently and has instructed her on how to work with 3 different 9mm pistols so she's much more comfortable. My carbine just gets too heavy she says.

Anyone know of anything? Thanks.

If you buy a Judge for a self defense weapon, I'm going to kick you in the dick.

Why not? IT SHOOTS SHOTUNG ROUNDS AND RIFLE ROUNDS d00d!!!!11!11!!11!11

Haha. Nope, just to add to the collection and kicks and giggles.

Self defense? I suppose it would work. It did in TWD, first episode. Point blank? Bye bye zombie head.

I just want the Judge b/c it's different. My carbine would work great for self defense along with my 12g. Not worried about that. This pistol would also sit within reach of the bedside along with the carbine.

Why not? IT SHOOTS SHOTUNG ROUNDS AND RIFLE ROUNDS d00d!!!!11!11!!11!11

Haha. Nope, just to add to the collection and kicks and giggles.

Self defense? I suppose it would work. It did in TWD, first episode. Point blank? Bye bye zombie head.

I just want the Judge b/c it's different. My carbine would work great for self defense along with my 12g. Not worried about that. This pistol would also sit within reach of the bedside along with the carbine.

Thank you. You're off the hook.

Look at the Vances 4 page ads in the sunday dispatch. Theres usually good deals each week.

Also available online:

http://www.vanceoutdoors.com/flyer/flyer.pdf

Edit: they have the Circuit Judge on sale... :p

Double Edit: A brand new S&W Sigma for $279 is a pretty sweet deal. They are far from my favorite, but for that price it would be hard to beat. Not sure if you're leaning toward concealability, but if it doesn't have to be small it might be a good choice. Ammo is actually usually cheaper for 9mm than .380 anyway if it's going to primarily a rang toy.

If you buy a Judge for a self defense weapon, I'm going to kick you in the dick.

This plus 42. Those things are shit.

My wife-to-be grew up the same way, hunters with shotguns/rifles, but not many pistols. I was the first person to really take her pistol shooting. She proceeded to buy a Glock 19 for her first pistol. I will say that she enjoys shooting the G19, a S+W .22LR pistol, my Beretta M92FS, and my Colt M1991A1 from the Custom Shop. The Colt she just ran very successfully at a 3-gun shoot. My suggestion would be to get ahold of as many people that you know/trust with different types of pistols and have her try as many as she can. I have never seen anyone turn down helping a woman get into shooting, we need their support.

<-----Also, I KNOW YOU bruh, look at my name

Finally, Schmuckingham I fucking love your .gif signature. I have wanted to do that with my AR pistol so many times on 270 it is not funny.

<-----Also, I KNOW YOU bruh, look at my name

I know about 7 Colin's. I see the birthdate. Went to school together and sat in Physics together Colin? If so I never had any clue that was you.

This isn't enough anymore?

Nope. Only worked the first 7 times. Not much of a surprise anymore.