What is the deal with 03-04 Cobra owners....

Linn1647545492

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Same thing with bikes, people think anyone can buy one and go FAST and it's just not true! If you can't drive/ride the damn thing it won't matter how much power they've got... :rolleyes:

Maybe it's the latest generation thinking, "I could do it on XBOX....why can't I do it in real life".... :D

Most of the drivers now are really young. Those cars don't cost very much anymore.

So true!

The car is 8yr old. It can be bought already modified for less than 20k, at that price just about anyone can afford them. No driving, let alone racing experince with high HP cars.

Same reason why I didn't let my little brother use my car for for his high school prom(14yr younger).

Same shit will be happening with cars like mine in the next 5 or so years, mark my words!

So true!

The car is 8yr old. It can be bought already modified for less than 20k, at that price just about anyone can afford them. No driving, let alone racing experince with high HP cars.

Same reason why I didn't let my little brother use my car for for his high school prom(14yr younger).

Same shit will be happening with cars like mine in the next 5 or so years, mark my words!

I understand about young kids and having zero experiance racing but what about F-bodies? You can get one for half the cost of a 03-04 cobra and I still never see videos like this or 500rwhp car running 12s.

I still never see videos like this or 500rwhp car running 12s.

Oh yeah???

But I agree with you too. 650 RWHP Cobras loosing to 350 FWHP Civics is ridiculous. I have seen it happen too. Yet again the transmissions in those Cobras are a little hard to find 3rd in them. Don't know why, but I have seen people miss 3rd in a Cobra more than anyone else. I would miss 3rd in my Cobra all the fucking time. Sometimes 2nd too. How the fuck do you miss 2nd? I don't know but I did it all the fucking time.

I understand about young kids and having zero experiance racing but what about F-bodies? You can get one for half the cost of a 03-04 cobra and I still never see videos like this or 500rwhp car running 12s.

Personally I think the F-bodies are more forgiving for driver error. One little mistake and you're pretty much done in the Cobra, I haven't really seen that in the F-bodies.

That's just from my experiences, but you're right the Cobras never seem to run what they should.

Oh yeah???

But I agree with you too. 650 RWHP Cobras loosing to 350 FWHP Civics is ridiculous. I have seen it happen too. Yet again the transmissions in those Cobras are a little hard to find 3rd in them. Don't know why, but I have seen people miss 3rd in a Cobra more than anyone else. I would miss 3rd in my Cobra all the fucking time. Sometimes 2nd too. How the fuck do you miss 2nd? I don't know but I did it all the fucking time.

3rd is damn hard in those cars, I don't get it! If you don't have it just right you either hit 5th or it feels like you're shifting into a wall.

Not being able to drive

GTR has trapped as high as 132

Not sure why they seem to all be bad drivers. I raced my buddies in my car a while back in a turbo honda and beat him bad. I then drove his car and then beat my car... People seem to forget a car will only go as fast as the person can drive it.

ROFLMAO - I seen more F-bods that weren't driven for shit than I can wave a stick at. Its just been going on for so long now nobody gives a shit anymore and doesnt bother to point their camera at.

+1 on the T56 being a pain in the ass. Had it now in two different cars and I vow not to buy another car with one in it.

It may be why most track F-bods are autos.

awsome driver lol. Cobras are the hardest car I have ever drove period but it shouldnt be that bad. I would have loved to drive that cobra in that race.

I beat the living shit out of my Cobra and thought it was one of the easiest cars to drive. I think a lot has to do with worrying about breaking it. I tried breaking mine and it never did...

Internals of tranny are different. hence you have broke a lot of trannys. My buddy makes around 800rwhp on stock tranny with stage 5 clutch and he rips it.

I only bent the shift forks in my stock trans and not had any issues with the new one or shifting it.

the 03/04 t56 is a single syncro tranny hence the rigid shifts, where as the fbody/corvette t56 is a triple syncro tranny, also they come shimmed making it easier to shift. There is a thread on ModularFords or SVTP I believe that shows you step by step how to shim the cobra t56 to make it easier to shift.