What is the deal with 03-04 Cobra owners....

Linn1647545492

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also, since I drive a mustang that means they are better than f-bodies. End of story

that made me lol... anyway if you can not shift the car into third and others can and will prove it with no problems than you obviously just can not drive the car...

I'm LOL at the direction this thread is going.

I'm also willing to bet my Camaro is faster than any Mustang owners car who posted in this thread or anyone who complained they can't shift a T-56 for that matter. Just stirring the pot :)

What does it run anyway? Let's not talk about gay ass roll racing either. Let's stir that pot too :)

I'm LOL at the direction this thread is going.

I'm also willing to bet my Camaro is faster than any Mustang owners car who posted in this thread or anyone who complained they can't shift a T-56 for that matter. Just stirring the pot :)

How the hell can people not shift a T56? It's a pretty easy tranny to handle!

I thought my T56 shifted really well, until I drove my friend's S2000. God what a difference

Exactly. I never said I couldnt shift the T56 either. I said it was a crap shifter. PLENTY of smoother shifting trannies out there.

Like this one:

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:gGvxT4SnvHFI8M:http://www.tvland.com/photogallery/photos/Klinger2.jpg&t=1

http://www.smokeysoffice.com/Entertain/MASH/MashPhoto/Cast/Klinger2.jpg

See how smooth that shifted?

Plus since I sold my Cobra I'm gonna say my 03 was faster than any LS powered car on CR EVAAAAAAR

(...except my LS6 powered V)

oddly, the t56 in my cobra shifts easier than the 6speed in my vette, which shifts much easier than the t56 in my GTO. i have an MGW shifter in the cobra, with a firewall adjustable cable/quadrant. the vette has an MGW shifter. GTO has a GMM ripshifter with a 'lou's short stick' handle. none shift perfect, but for some reason the cobra shifts best. car is being dropped off to go auto this week, and the t56 is going in my '85.

oddly, the t56 in my cobra shifts easier than the 6speed in my vette, which shifts much easier than the t56 in my GTO. i have an MGW shifter in the cobra, with a firewall adjustable cable/quadrant. the vette has an MGW shifter. GTO has a GMM ripshifter with a 'lou's short stick' handle. none shift perfect, but for some reason the cobra shifts best. car is being dropped off to go auto this week, and the t56 is going in my '85.

I want your whipple???

I want your whipple???

whipple's still in the car---can't decide if i want a bigger blower, or what. i will likely maximize the suspension mods, weight management, and shoot for 10's this summer, which should be easily attainable. i've been thoroughly happy with the whipple though--its been at 590 rwhp at 17psi for over 3 years and 9k miles. i'd recommend the 2.3 whipple, or 2.6 kb for anyone looking for a fun street car around 600rwhp with mild/moderate boost. these blowers max out aroun 650rwhp, but you'll need over 20psi, and better gas to get there.

i'd love to turn my '85GT into a modular fox with a cobra motor. i already have the IRS and t56.

whipple's still in the car---can't decide if i want a bigger blower, or what. i will likely maximize the suspension mods, weight management, and shoot for 10's this summer, which should be easily attainable. i've been thoroughly happy with the whipple though--its been at 590 rwhp at 17psi for over 3 years and 9k miles. i'd recommend the 2.3 whipple, or 2.6 kb for anyone looking for a fun street car around 600rwhp with mild/moderate boost. these blowers max out aroun 650rwhp, but you'll need over 20psi, and better gas to get there.

i'd love to turn my '85GT into a modular fox with a cobra motor. i already have the IRS and t56.

If your car doesn't run mid to low 10s with the auto, then someone didn't set it up correctly. The suspension will be where you get the lower 10s out of it, but 10.xx shouldn't be an issue at all.

If your car doesn't run mid to low 10s with the auto, then someone didn't set it up correctly. The suspension will be where you get the lower 10s out of it, but 10.xx shouldn't be an issue at all.

That's what I was thinking. you make 60rwhp more and you are probably 300lbs lighter than me. I don't see 10's being a problem either. Not sure what kind of tires you have on the rear but that will make a differance in your 60' too. If you can 60' it, it should you go 10's

10's will be cake with an auto.