Columbus car audio

FST94TSI

Are there any cca employees on here? Preferably installers. I just got a viper remote start and I'm interested in activating the smart start on my phone. I won't go to the store and pay outrageous prices though.

I got my Viper Remote on the iPhone through Brady at Pickups Plus. You'll have to buy the cell module to do it, which IIRC includes your first year of service. After that I think it's like $25/yr. Worth every penny though :) Especially since you can be any where in the world or deep in the Mall and start your car. So long as your cell and your car have cell signal, you're good to go.

http://www.pbase.com/timothylauro/image/130482078/original.jpg

Edited by TTQ B4U

i should get this remote start for my camaro. i could use the trunk button to activate 2 solenoids to pop the transmission into neutral and trip a relay to bypass the clutch switch.....hmmmm.....

That sounds way too hard.

Most new DEI systems are capable of working on a manual transmission. They work kinda like an alarm. You do a routine that the system expects which is something like-- e-brake on while holding the brake pedal, pushing the r/s button to send the car into valet take over mode (remove your key,) then you open the door- close the door and lock. Which then the car responds to by shutting down. As long as the vehicle's current state is maintained (ie stays locked and the e-break up) it will r/s again.

really its only an extra relay for the clutch and door triggers for a r/s

That sounds way too hard.

Most new DEI systems are capable of working on a manual transmission. They work kinda like an alarm. You do a routine that the system expects which is something like-- e-brake on while holding the brake pedal, pushing the r/s button to send the car into valet take over mode (remove your key,) then you open the door- close the door and lock. Which then the car responds to by shutting down. As long as the vehicle's current state is maintained (ie stays locked and the e-break up) it will r/s again.

really its only an extra relay for the clutch and door triggers for a r/s

The Viper is similar to same. I use mine on the Fusion Sport though as it's my DD'er.