Gran Turismo Gameplay thread.

944s2

OK I figured I would make this to discuss game-play for all of us who have this game. Thought it would be nice to share tips, ideas and current leveling status between us all.

I will start with a topic from the other thread.

I just passed the Top Gear Test Track on intermediate with a Gold (after an HOUR of trying) Damn that Elise was hard to drive but after I messed with the TC and ABS settings a little I was able to get a good balance of power and stability. The kicker is I won by .042 seconds... lol:D

I am currently 22% done with the game and have not touched B-Spec yet.

If you don't know you can easily view all your friends progress and stats under Profile ID in your GT Life screen. It's pretty cool.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The manual in the game off the main menu is much better than the paper one that came in the box.

Also I got to try online for the first time with some friends last night. We played for 4 hours it was so fun! It runs soo smooth, voice chat is clear as day, and it's really easy to join and set up right though the community tab for your friends. We did a 40 lap Kart race that was just amazing. :D

Looks like a mixed bag of reviews, all across the board from hate it to love it in 3D. The screen getting darker is a 3D thing, not an issue with the game. Hopefully mine won't have that issue too badly, as the screen is pretty bright as-is and I don't have the brightness turned up on it. 73" + 3D should look pretty sweet. :)

Since I am behind the times on Playstation, remember how when you went from each game it would transfer your licenses b/w each game if the console saw save data from past versions?

I assume that is a no go since GT5 is the first on PS3?

I don't have a PS3, so I am just asking for shits lol.

Since I am behind the times on Playstation, remember how when you went from each game it would transfer your licenses b/w each game if the console saw save data from past versions?

Not that I know of, but you can import cars from the GT PSP game. Not sure if it has licenses or whatnot in that.

I've had to run through all of the license tests. They're pretty much what you'd expect. The only real change is that you have to be of a certain level to start each license. The good news is that you can get the first two from 0 as the xp from doing the first will get you high enough to start the second. So far I haven't had any licensing issues with the races I want to try, only level issues.

Jesus..

I fucking know and it just gets better the further you go into that thread.....

http://kelvjy.1g.fi/kuvat/GT5/SpecV-6.jpg/_small.jpg

http://photos.streamphoto.ru/6/5/7/3cec37375201371a28001e4d291a4756.jpg

This looks real!

http://i1020.photobucket.com/albums/af328/Wits_album/Ahrweiler-Stadsplein.jpg

http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z248/warghost20/Gran%20Turismo%205/Bern-Marktgasse_5.jpg

^ Your must be a Forza fanboy, I mean come on were working with a 5 year old computer here, Counterstike was still popular. It's only a $400 Machine it takes thousands of dollars to build a system that runs shadows etc well or do Anti-aliasing. It's a great game with great physic's and gameplay IMO.

I also race GTR2, and Race On so I do play more than just GT5. I have also played Forza which is great but I can only afford one system and bought a PS3 just for this game basically and my G25 does not work with Forza.

I don't get the picture of the Mitsubishi FTO? Where did it come from, other than it looks like it's from GT1 there isn't any sort of reference?

If it was that bad I don't think people would be raging about it?

<<XBOX 360 and Forza here....after having a PS1 and PS2 and GT1-4

^ Your must be a Forza fanboy, I mean come on were working with a 5 year old computer here, Counterstike was still popular. It's only a $400 Machine it takes thousands of dollars to build a system that runs shadows etc well or do Anti-aliasing. It's a great game with great physic's and gameplay IMO.

I also race GTR2, and Race On so I do play more than just GT5. I have also played Forza which is great but I can only afford one system and bought a PS3 just for this game basically and my G25 does not work with Forza.

Honestly, I've spent a lot more time playing the Gran Turismo series than I have Forza. I just think it's absofuckinglutely ridiculous for them to have taken so SO long making this game, only to have the vast majority of the cars look something like that picture I posted. Sure in photography mode you can make some near photo realistic shots, but when 80% of your cars look like a high-res PS2 game in the ACTUAL GAMEPLAY, then that's just garbage. GT5 Prologue had 76 "premium" cars, GT5 has 200. It took them what, 3 years to add 124 current gen quality cars? Preposterous.

I don't get the picture of the Mitsubishi FTO? Where did it come from, other than it looks like it's from GT1 there isn't any sort of reference?

If it was that bad I don't think people would be raging about it?

<<XBOX 360 and Forza here....after having a PS1 and PS2 and GT1-4

Not sure if you're trolling or not, but if so that's some A1 steak sauce shit hahaha. That picture is actually from GT5, that's what the "standard" cars look like.

Honestly, I've spent a lot more time playing the Gran Turismo series than I have Forza. I just think it's absofuckinglutely ridiculous for them to have taken so SO long making this game, only to have the vast majority of the cars look something like that picture I posted. Sure in photography mode you can make some near photo realistic shots, but when 80% of your cars look like a high-res PS2 game in the ACTUAL GAMEPLAY, then that's just garbage. GT5 Prologue had 76 "premium" cars, GT5 has 200. It took them what, 3 years to add 124 current gen quality cars? Preposterous.

They did say it took 6 months per car for the Premiums. But the real question you have to ask yourself is, would you rather have 200 premiums and nothing else or all 1000+ cars? None of the PC sims I have come close to 200 cars that look that good let alone 1000 total. I personally think its just something for people to complain about. All the cars still drive great in GT5 .

You can import your cars from PSP to the PS3. You can only play them in arcade though. I did this and it works.

This game is grrrrreat. I really don't see why the reviews are the way they are. I just picked up a wheel last night and man what a difference much more consistent and I can now feel the grip. That reminds me last night I was playing online with 944 and we did a few 15-20 lap races and you can really start to feel the tires wear down. I havent had this much fun playing a racing game since Motor City Online. If you have a ps3 and gt5 add me JKmike07

I tried so many times to finish the Top Gear challenge with the Elise, I still can't get it. I've messed with the ABS and TC control settings some, and it's better but shit, if that's really what it's like to drive an Elise, it just might be the worst car ever made.

I've noticed on some of the cars that the window trim is all screwed up like that, not too happy about that but it doesn't really bother me.

Nitrousbird, I played it in 3D when I first got it and still sometimes here and there, just like how I played the entire single player of Black Ops in 3D. It is really cool, it adds depth, but don't expect things to come flying out at you. I think a lot of people missed out on some cool scenes in Black Ops if they didn't have 3D, especially towards the end of the game. The reason I don't play 3D all the time is because I just don't feel like wearing glasses, and it does make everything darker, since it's basically like looking through sunglasses.

I love the Nurburgring Nordschleife, I played that online for a while the other night, it's crazy fun. With that I really like the AMG challenges.