Help me pick a "new" car...

KillJoy

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All I know is in both cars I sat in the front seat and adjusted it to my liking, then I got out and sat in the back seat. In the 2010 Fusion, I had to straddle the front seat with my knees like I do in my Imprezas. In the 2010 Legacy, I had at least an inch of clearance between my knees and the driver's seat. In my older style Leggy, my knees just brush the front seat.

That's the basis of my statement.

Aren't the Impreza and Legacy the same base platform now?

You are asking the money rate wrong. Only an idiot negotiates a monthly payment, as some others have said.

You should go in already pre-approved somewhere, and if their financing is better, sweet. If not, you can fall back on your own. You should ONLY negotiate on price.

With 0 down, 60 months (do not go longer than that), and 4% interest rate (this could vary and make a big difference, depends on your credit), you are looking at ~$16,000 loan for slightly under $300/month.

So assuming you have no money to put down and decent credit, your question should be what reliable, warrantied, semi-fun, decent fuel mileage vehicle can I get for 15k after negotiating (as taxes/fees/etc. will eat up the rest of your 16kish budget).

+1

$300 a month has you at $16k out the door (or less) NEW, unless you want a lease?

I don't recommend a lease AT ALL but LOTS of $299/mo options if you lease.

I saw 300 a month, were is 15k, I don't know what he is trading or has cash to put down.

You could buy a new Ferrari for $300 a month with enough money down. Since no money other than a payment is mentioned, the default assumption would be very little to no money down.

So... anyone have a new Nissan Hookup?

KillJoy

PM me what you find out on Nissan. A friend of mine at work hit a deer and has been in a rental car for a few weeks. Hit car was totaled and he's looking for a slightly used 97 & up Maxima. I'll pass your Nissan contact onto him too.

Tim

So... anyone have a new Nissan Hookup?

KillJoy

here ya go... http://www.buckeyenissan.com/new-cars.aspx

There is an 2010 altima listed there for 22,900. I picked up my new xterra there like 2 months ago with the 0%apr year end sales event. Call and see if they can extend(or still have?) the deal on the in stock 2010's. My math puts that altima at about $305 a month at 0% for 60 months. I got my new xterra for the same price in the end as a used 09 would cost me once I paid it off with a 4% interest rate...

here ya go... http://www.buckeyenissan.com/new-cars.aspx

There is an 2010 altima listed there for 22,900. I picked up my new xterra there like 2 months ago with the 0%apr year end sales event. Call and see if they can extend(or still have?) the deal on the in stock 2010's. My math puts that altima at about $305 a month at 0% for 60 months. I got my new xterra for the same price in the end as a used 09 would cost me once I paid it off with a 4% interest rate...

Check your math. 0% rate would put him into about an 18k loan.

Check your math. 0% rate would put him into about an 18k loan.

I knew that didn't seem right. That was with 4500 down. Sorry.

With zero down and 0% apr for 72 months (IF you can get the 0%apr stretching out the loan is not so bad). $318 a month. It's a long shot as I don't think they are pushing the deal anymore, but to me if its a new in stock 2010 they may want it off the lot if they can.