1972 Nova Turbo Lsx Build

TurboNova

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

proly but theres a point where its all for bragging rights. I have so much chassis adjustment between shocks settings and spring rates then pinion angles and shock settings out back, then of course ramp rates of boost along with dialing in the 2 step with use of transbrake...phew

once thats done at current power levels I see me using up my 8.50 cert easily. The tune in the car is super safe, brian made sure of it. I will proly add 2-3 more pounds of boost to get to the 1000+ club but thats just a personal goal.

hell from 3700-4650 the car is just damn violent it makes so much power there so fast I am curious to see how well I can get the car to handle it

lol trust me my car is no where near the power it needs to have nor I have the pockets to support in class racing. I would like to qualify a 275 radial field one day I guess it depends where it is held and who shows up

This car has been running through my mind ever since it got off the dyno. RL mentioned the turbo making over 1100 rwhp. I am wondering if the supply line should be upgraded to a -12. With the A1000s having -8 each coming out I would think the car stand to run a single -12 or twin -8 up front. By doing this I think we might see our injector duty cycles come down a little more.

Dan - this might be worth posting this question on yellowbullet or the turboforums.

I am not against going to a -12 from rear to front but twins are out of the question since I dont want one bank to go dry if I lose a pump.

To be honest I am currently exploring going to a cable drive pump or doing a single magna fuel or weldon pump. I am not really happy running 2 electric pumps just in high boost situations. I suppose I cut put some pressure cut off switch where it kills the car if pressure drops to low

This car has been running through my mind ever since it got off the dyno. RL mentioned the turbo making over 1100 rwhp. I am wondering if the supply line should be upgraded to a -12. With the A1000s having -8 each coming out I would think the car stand to run a single -12 or twin -8 up front. By doing this I think we might see our injector duty cycles come down a little more.

Dan - this might be worth posting this question on yellowbullet or the turboforums.

Supply line meaning post fuel pumps and pre rails.

I wonder if it would make that big of a difference

i have -10 dual feeds to pre filters and pumps then y to single -10 post filter to front y to dual -10 to rails and -8 return.

It would not be much to go to a -12 between the y blocks to feed the long stretch, or I could sell my 2 a1000 pumps and get 2 pro tuner 750 magna fuel pumps and be good, just put the 2nd pump on a hobbs switch, even though Im not even sure Id need 2 pumps.

Base pressure is still only around 40psi so I think there is still plenty left in the injectors and pumps, I know it will just stress the pumps a little more

-12 feeding a Weldon 2345 single -10 to firewall, "Y" to two -8 feeding the rails. Two -8 to regulator single -8 return. This is my setup and I know of people running in the 7.40 range with this setup on race gas. your duty cycle in the 88% range is an issue if you want to make more power. You can raise the base but sometimes it makes very little difference as the flow drops when the pressure raises. This usually only helps if the system is restricted by small lines or injectors that are a lot smaller than the pumps capacity. You need to look at the injector # rating and the pumps # per hour rating.

Ill do some more research, I have probably better feed stuff then you are talking about as far as size, just different pump. Its hard for me to believe that one weldon 2345 move more than 2 a1000 pumps.

That being said I hate the idea of running two electric pumps so I hope it is true

Ill do some more research, I have probably better feed stuff then you are talking about as far as size, just different pump. Its hard for me to believe that one weldon 2345 move more than 2 a1000 pumps.

That being said I hate the idea of running two electric pumps so I hope it is true

I got to wondering and found the flow chart for the 2345

http://www.weldonracing.com/~weldonracing/ul-pdfs/43-2345-A.pdf

@ 45# the weldon flows 230 gallon per hour.

The A1000 is rated in pound per hour as per this jegs link 700# per hour.

http://www.jegs.com/p/Aeromotive/Aeromotive-A1000-Fuel-Pumps/750073/10002/-1

Using C-16 with a specific gravity of .735 that equals a pound per gallon of 6.174.

700# per hour divided by 6.174 pound per gallon would equal 113.37 gallon per hour per pump.

Bottom line is two A1000 "should" put out what the 2345 does.

What injector are you using?

160# injectors have a total flow using 8 injectors at 3 bar pressure of 1280 # per hour. This should be the minumum injector you would be looking at and the injector I have used in the past.

thats real cool ray thanks! I am using the 160lb bosch high imp injectors from FIC

http://fuelinjectorconnection.com/shop/index.php?_a=viewProd&productId=245

I believe I read 160@43psi

so that kind of makes since, I think with a little more fuel pressure and boost the car will pick up another hundred horse or more but I think I am stressing the two pumps. I am going to run it for now on low boost. I think it will be just fine and glad to see my pumps seem to be flowing like new considering the numbers and A/F, just think Id rather run one pump or maybe have a 2nd on a hobbs switch in case pressure drops enough to need it.