1972 Nova Turbo Lsx Build

TurboNova

street/track not sure on percentages it depends on what races I can make. The car will see 5000-10000 street miles a year at least and I have no worries on finding e85

I like the sound of this better :)

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What are you using to control the engine?

I think he's using a RFCM for engine management.

Right

Foot

Control

Module

:lolguy:

• Upvote 1

like what you did there george, Im sure it will get its share of fri/sat/sun deals but I really just dont see it getting more than 1000 miles a year, thats just a ton.

I am using a 411 pcm from an 01-02 fbody and a standalone wiring harness that was made for a truck engine cable drive. Fuel injectors/coils are on a seperate relay power 12v ignition trigger. Every other component is on a relay as well... trans brake/2 step/trans fan/radiator fan/gauges/line locks...etc

Finally got the o2 issue figured out so once my new mastercylinder gets here and I get the brakes all bled it should be ready for some road tuning then hit the rollers

The o2 issue was apparently gm had two styles of o2's isolated ground and case grounded and depending on where your wiring went on the diagram and the pcm you use either the pcm grounded the tan wire internally to energize the purple wire or the case of the o2 grounded it.

I was using a white connector o2 and it was an isolated grounding sensor. The harness and pcm needs a case ground to complete the signal. Man that was almost the most difficult thing for me to figure out. And no one else online even came close to coming to that conclusion.

I do want to thank Brian Turner and Scott Cordell for their support in the matter and great wisdom, The o2s now read and the injectors are scaled right and working like they were meant to so we can hopefully start the fun stuff with very little issues (fingers crossed)

Edited by TurboNova

Well I have tried to embed it but I cant

Here is a first start up vid of the nova. Its is merely a base tune file to get it to start and listen and look for leaks. I need to get the mastercylinder back on the car and bleed the brakes so we can get some road tune time and get the car aligned then put it on the rollers.

It is a very proud moment for me I have spent countless hours and way too much money but its starting to pay off for me to see it light off. :D

http://youtu.be/0WvgL_jH3Yw?hd=1

0WvgL_jH3Yw

maybe someone can embed it for me

Edited by TurboNova
i tried

I guess I should've put 2 and two together, I didn't realize it was this car Brian was talking about. Congrats on getting stuff worked out. If you think about it I'd like to come check it out on the dyno when you and Brian get to that point.

yeah thanks for your input on the system. It took alot of research on ls1tech and other sites to gather they had two grounding systems and of course when you run 411 pcm and truckharness and bunch of other mixed up shit I had no clue what 4 wire ls o2 to buy and of course i bought the wrong ones. Alot of hours spent for just having incorrect o2 sensors. Oh well I knew there would be plenty of bugs. Ill be sure to get ahold of you when the time comes

I guess I should've put 2 and two together, I didn't realize it was this car Brian was talking about. Congrats on getting stuff worked out. If you think about it I'd like to come check it out on the dyno when you and Brian get to that point.

Thank you Scott for putting up with my tech questions regarding the 02's.

yeah thanks for your input on the system. It took alot of research on ls1tech and other sites to gather they had two grounding systems and of course when you run 411 pcm and truckharness and bunch of other mixed up shit I had no clue what 4 wire ls o2 to buy and of course i bought the wrong ones. Alot of hours spent for just having incorrect o2 sensors. Oh well I knew there would be plenty of bugs. Ill be sure to get ahold of you when the time comes

Thank you Scott for putting up with my tech questions regarding the 02's.

Well I didn't know either until I started looking stuff up in GM's website. Brian knows he can call me anytime he has questions I can try to answer. That is some good info to know though. Look forward to seeing you get to drive it, it's a great thing to get a project that big to come together. :thumbup:

Another monumental day for me, the car for the first time in almost 2 years started and drove out of the garage on its own power.

I changed out my s10 mastercylinder for a aluminum early vette master that is for disc/disc manual. I made new lines putting an adjustable prop valve in the rear circuit as well as a 10psi residual presure valve. I plumbed the front brakes with the hurst line lock. got them all bled and started filling up the transmission. I fired it up put it in gear and got it out into the driveway to clean the year old dirt off of it and snap a couple progress photos.

The car needs alot of work on the tune still due to it being a base file but Turner is coming over on weds to work on it a bit more and maybe cruise it around the block a few times before its ready to get an alignment then goto the dyno for some real tuning.

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y216/1972nova/IMG_0366.jpg

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y216/1972nova/IMG_0364.jpg

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y216/1972nova/IMG_0363.jpg

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y216/1972nova/IMG_0360.jpg

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y216/1972nova/IMG_0369.jpg

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y216/1972nova/IMG_0371.jpg

you know I have been big on just running pump so I dont have to worry about it but I did buy an e85 tester and tested the initial batch from the pump. I was wondering if anyone local deals the vp e85 fuel.

Still just dont know if I want to invest in a 55gal drum and a pump to keep tested true e85 on hand.