Got my first firearm

wagner

Purdey ?

Why, thank you Jones. I guess we could now say that you've got a purdey mouth ..... but I bet men have told you that before. :D

And shame on you for guessing English. It was made in the good ol' U S of A.

A.H. Fox Exhibition Grade by Connecticut Shotgun (Tony Galazan).

Did 500 come with two barrels and a scope?

(I might be telling you something you already know but)

If so use ONLY sabot slugs with the rifled barrel and shot with the smooth field barrel.

Yes it came with two barrels and a scope. the barrel with the scope is the slug barrel from what I have read. I have no idea what a sabot slug is, but i did hear someone mention that on a review video.

when you shoot slugs, make sure you are using a slug barrel. and prepare to have your shoulder blasted.

You don't need a rifled barrel.. I mean, it would help accuracy a lot, but they'll still shoot. and yeah they punch your shoulder a bit more than buckshot.

You don't need a rifled barrel.. I mean, it would help accuracy a lot, but they'll still shoot. and yeah they punch your shoulder a bit more than buckshot.

yeah, rifled barrel is worthless at any defensive range. I can get pretty close to center on a target at 75 feet with a slug through my 870 with just a bead sight.

yeah, rifled barrel is worthless at any defensive range. I can get pretty close to center on a target at 75 feet with a slug through my 870 with just a bead sight.

Huh? Rifled barrels are pretty Damn accurate on shotguns when combo'd with modern ammo. I'd confidently take a deer out to 200yd with my M500 and some 300gr SSTs.

Rifled barrel = sabots

Smooth bore = rifled slugs (Minute Of Barn)

Huh? Rifled barrels are pretty Damn accurate on shotguns when combo'd with modern ammo. I'd confidently take a deer out to 200yd with my M500 and some 300gr SSTs.

Rifled barrel = sabots

Smooth bore = rifled slugs (Minute Of Barn)

When would you use a shotgun at 200yards for home defense?