Restaurant Review: Piada

Guest Spam

I searched and no one had done a review so id thought i would share.

As a background, here is their website. http://www.mypiada.com/ I went today with my friend who only has good things to say, so id thought we take a drive over to check it out. I was impressed to say the least.

If you've ever been to a Chipotle, i would only imagine the owner modeled it after one, but much nicer inside. The atmosphere is very modern, upscale, but "fastfood" with plenty of place to sit down and eat. Almost something you would only find in LA or New York. Very clean and well kept. Supposedly its owned by the same guy who owns Bravos. Thats what my friend told me.

The food is italian and its delicious. Same again as Chipotle, they have piadas (wraps), salads and pasta bowls. But more options as far as type of meats, sauces, sides, toppings, and drinks even, there is just more to choose from.

The food was amazing. I got the piada wrap. The different flavors you taste the more you eat was awesome. Almost as if there were levels or parts to it.

The cost is reasonable. I spent 9 bucks on the piada and drink and everything there is about the same price. What i like about the place to is its basically a hidden treasure, like most good places in Columbus. The location is about 5 minutes from campus on Lane Ave across Kenny by the Buckeye Shop in the little strip mall.

Grade: A. I wish it was a little cheaper but a good sacrifice to make when the food is that good. Check it out or if youve been tell me what you think.

Just got back from there. Good recommendation by the OP. Definitely a Chipotle-style place, but food is upscale quality. Prices similiar to Chipotle, which makes the main dish a bargain and the sides a bit too pricey. Good beverage options. Three of us had big meals and it came to $27. We could have kept it to $20 and been fine, though.

It's across from Tommy's Pizza, just east of Lane and North Star. I went to Lane and Kenny looking for it, and it's actually quite a bit west of there. Next to Buckeye Corner, as mentioned by the OP.

:thumbup:

• 2 weeks later...
Finally ventured out here...eating now and its great. Honestly have no clue what i got. I told him to surprise me. Theres pasta, chicken, steak, peppers and onions, spinach, diavolo sauce, couple cheeses, tomato, mushroom, etc. It is quite good and only like 7 bucks and change

• 2 weeks later...

Well.. Lessons learned tonight.

Get the pasta bowl!

The piada dough is REALLY good, but if you make one with the Chicken Fritte you get a HUGE HUGE burrito basicly! (two good size breast peices were placed on it).

I could eat that flat bread all day. Yum.

the pasta bowl is super filling too...they dont skimp out. but my buddy did give me chicken and steak, and when i went back, she asked if i wanted double meat or 1/2 and 1/2, i said 1/2 and 1/2, and it was skimpy, so i had to get double...i guess my buddy just hooked it up to the extreme

Went there in lieu of Jersey Mikes (well got Jersey's for later). Line was out the door (literally) waited maybe 15min to order - wasn't bad tho, lots of hot chicks to keep the eyes happy. Got the Italian Sausage piada w/onions,peppers,feta,mozzerella, and hot sauce - hot damn was it the slam, got some of them chips & spinach dip too, good shit. Topped it off with a Peroni and im stuffed. Definitely will be back soon, guy @ Jersey Mikes said he went there 4 times opening week :lol: