My road trip starts tomorrow

BrianZ06

I would have left earlier but I need a perfect day of no bad weather in this car so tomorrow it is. For everyone who hates on florida I will be try to post pics :D Going to try to get some fishing in this time. My brother in law said he has been catching grouper off the pier. My luck I will catch a shark. Edited by BrianZ06

My destination and main stay is winterhaven,near orlando with the inlaws, Its FREE. Then I plan on going down to boca roton to visit some friends. No tickets for me. I had plenty of close calls last time. This time I will not play with a all blacked out dodge chalanger or hang with some crazy bikers on the way down. I will resist........ Cruise control set on 70-72. As far as the shop goes Im not worried. I have nosey neighbors . Im driving the big ticket item,lol. Well its big ticket to me at least.

1035 miles and 28.3 average mpg . Mileage would have been better if not for driving 2 hours in the rain and Atlanta stop and go traffic . One close call will a flying shredding tire that hit my windshield lucky no damage and one idiot that changed lanes with out looking and almost caught me off guard. Over all a good drive.

1035 miles and 28.3 average mpg . Mileage would have been better if not for driving 2 hours in the rain and Atlanta stop and go traffic . One close call will a flying shredding tire that hit my windshield lucky no damage and one idiot that changed lanes with out looking and almost caught me off guard. Over all a good drive.

WOW that is better MPG than my v6 pilot gets :thumbup:

grouper is good...my little brother caught a ~14 lber when he was like 8 when we were on a charter. the charter we took had a restaraunt at the shore where they docked and the chef would cook up your catch for like $10 or so. it was great.

Today I just stayed around the house . Cleaned and detailed the car I know one thing for sure I would not own a black car down here because of the sand. After the washing I went a quick spirited drive to get some water off the wheel and brakes and pulled in the garage to see white sand all over the rear. Silver or white would be my choice. Waiting on a warmer day for better fishing. Going to Orlando tomorrow for shopping and dinner.

• 1 month later...
Home Sweet Home. Got back yesterday. Have I missed anything exciting here,lol ??? I know I missed a lot of bad weather. It was weird being gone away from my home this long. We had a good time though. Spent a few days in the clearwater beach area. Ft Lauderdale was nice went their for 3 days. Nite life is good their. Live music outside and plenty of decent bars with happy hours. The vette treated me well with no problems and no tickets. 3544 miles added to the clock, I did a lot of cruising around down their. 28 mpg. A lot of stop go going thru Atlanta and a big accident that killed my gas milage and nerves. Saw plenty of stupid drivers. Coming home out of Atlanta I saw a Mustang with a huge hood coming up on me so he gets beside to show off I was smart and just let him go he almost lost it going between two cars. He must have thought I was going to follow him. Nothing like going almost 80 on the bypass to go with the flow and pass by the cops with no problems on a 55 road. It was like a nascar race. Saw a Bentley 2 door coming up behind me on that raod going in and out of traffic probably doing 90-100. He definitely knew the road and the traffic. I got me a new pioneer head unit for my car while I was their so I could listen to my pandora stations with my phone, I used that thing to death. O Well I / we got are fill of being lazy by the pool , beaches and partying and I will leave it at that.