Why does this always happen?

I Eat Rice

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?ct=u&car_id=290930844&dealer_id=65858227&car_year=2001&sownerid=1146859&lastBeginningStartYear=1981&end_year=2005&model=CORV&showZipError=y&pager.offset=75&search_lang=en&start_year=1999&page_location=findacar%3A%3Aispsearchform&search_type=both&body_code=0&first_record=76&distance=100&default_sort=newsortbyprice_DESC&address=43031&rdm=1294346355691&marketZipError=false&sort_type=priceDESC&awsp=false&make=CHEV&seller_type=b&num_records=25&cardist=89&standard=false Ugh looking over cars online today. Found the car I want to a T and the price is so right. Why do I have to be paying off 15 k in attorney fees, court fines, and lisence reinstatement fees right now. Its so angering to see the things you want and cant have them because you were stupid and made bad choices. I am kicking myself in the ass so hard right now. By next winter I will have this. May not be this exact vette but I'm more than half way paid through all of the things I have listed above so I am so close I can taste it, and with my recent promotion at work it is going to be paid off much sooner. Sorry if anyone didnt want to read this and did. I just had to vent and decided to give out the link to a very cheap zo6 if anyone is interested.

And it sucks because under normal circumstances I could more than afford this car. Hell I bought my old ws6 when I was 20 years old for roughly the same price as that. Shit my payment on my Equonix I have now is very close to what payments would be on that car. To anyone out there trust me do not drink and drive it is not worth the trouble to get it taken care of and even worse you can kill yourself or someone else. I wish I didnt have to learn these mistakes the hard way. But sometimes thats the only way you ever will.

And it sucks because under normal circumstances I could more than afford this car. Hell I bought my old ws6 when I was 20 years old for roughly the same price as that. Shit my payment on my Equonix I have now is very close to what payments would be on that car. To anyone out there trust me do not drink and drive it is not worth the trouble to get it taken care of and even worse you can kill yourself or someone else. I wish I didnt have to learn these mistakes the hard way. But sometimes thats the only way you ever will.

Live and learn.

Live and learn.
Thats all I can do really. But the lessons I have learned in money management this year being so streched thin will greatly help me in the future as well. I never understood the value of a dollar untill I finaly had to buckle down this year.

I just moved closer to my bar..

Ha ha ha ha. I just refuse to drive if I know I will be drinking now. And since I live in Johnstown there are not many bars around to go to. I should just move close to the goat in new albney and I can walk to the bar whenever I want to go out lol. I'll take drunk in public any day over a dui ever again.

how are you paying a Lawyer 15k and not getting out of a Dui

You are going to laugh when I say this but I got 2 in 24 hours back in April. I hired Sam Shmanski (not sure on spelling of last name) He charged me 8500 to take me on for both cases. The rest of the money is in impound fees, maryhaven, and all the other bs that comes with a dui. I walked on both though so I did get out of them just lost my lisence for 2 years for refuseing to blow both nights. Got driving in an unmarked lane for one of them and wreckless opp for the second. It costs alot of money to get out of trouble and insure that it will not be on your record and follow you for the rest life. Thats why I paid all that money though, so I wouldnt be punished years down the road when might want a new job and what not.

This is your problem. F... Johnstown!!

Its ok though. My life was on a downward spiral if you know what I mean and once I got in trouble it was a big wake up call and my parents took me back in to support me through all of the life changes that I needed to make, and help me get back on my feet. If it wasn't for their help, guidence and support this year I wouldnt be where I am now so I will gladdly live out here in the country for the time being while im getting all of my ducks in a row.

Edited by I Eat Rice

You are going to laugh when I say this but I got 2 in 24 hours back in April. I hired Sam Shmanski (not sure on spelling of last name) He charged me 8500 to take me on for both cases. The rest of the money is in impound fees, maryhaven, and all the other bs that comes with a dui. I walked on both though so I did get out of them just lost my lisence for 2 years for refuseing to blow both nights. Got driving in an unmarked lane for one of them and wreckless opp for the second. It costs alot of money to get out of trouble and insure that it will not be on your record and follow you for the rest life. Thats why I paid all that money though, so I wouldnt be punished years down the road when might want a new job and what not.

MY GOD $8500!!! A friend of mine used Bil Meeks who is/use to be partners with Sam and he only charged $2500 and it was this guys 3rd DUI in 10 years.

I'm glad you learned your lesson and I'm glad I quit drinkin.....

MY GOD $8500!!! A friend of mine used Bil Meeks who is/use to be partners with Sam and he only charged $2500 and it was this guys 3rd DUI in 10 years.

I'm glad you learned your lesson and I'm glad I quit drinkin.....

Ya it was not cheap to say the least. When you hire Sam or Bill you are saying I am willing to spend whatever it takes to walk. Giving my situation of getting 2 in 24 hours I think he assumed it would be much more work than what it was for him to get me to walk. Deleware he rocked it out and had to do like no work at all. Now Gahanna on the other hand was a chore. We had to show up 4 times before he got the plea. Something about them having an agenda before they even pulled me over was a big help in my case I guess because they were saying way to much on camera and I kept asking my officer who arrested me questions to set him up to fail and court and he left the camera on in the car so they could hear everything that we were talking about.

why did you not learn afer the first one?? damm 2 in 24 hour:eek:

Simple because after the first one they didnt impound my car or take me to jail and it still seemed like a joke to me and everything. You have to understand that I am a person that truely believed for years that the rules didnt apply to me and I did whatever I wanted and never got caught doing it. I lived my life by the motto of the NWA. For those who dont know what I am talking about I mean the Fu@k The Police song that they did. So when I went and got my car from the parking lot where it was at in Gahanna I simply said f it and went to a bar out in Polaris and drank from roughly 2 that afternoon till 2 that night because I was a lil pissed off at the events that happened the night before. Got no more than a few miles down the road and cherries. Opening your eyes in jail and going wtf am I doing here was when it all kicked in and it felt a little more serious. Saddly its amazing what a few hours in jail will do for you. I also had to serve 5 days in Deleware for all of this after I went to court and all of that and I will say that was the changeing point for me. I got along fine in jail and had no problems but I am a pretty boy who likes to eat good food. And lets just say there is nothing pretty about jail, it stinks and the food sucked. I was shitting water the entire time I was there.

I'm sure the wisdom you have gained from your experience is better than any Corvette, and like you said earlier, you will enjoy it that much more knowing the struggle it took to get it. I'm all about second chances for people who mess up.

Simple because after the first one they didnt impound my car or take me to jail and it still seemed like a joke to me and everything. You have to understand that I am a person that truely believed for years that the rules didnt apply to me and I did whatever I wanted and never got caught doing it. I lived my life by the motto of the NWA. For those who dont know what I am talking about I mean the Fu@k The Police song that they did. So when I went and got my car from the parking lot where it was at in Gahanna I simply said f it and went to a bar out in Polaris and drank from roughly 2 that afternoon till 2 that night because I was a lil pissed off at the events that happened the night before. Got no more than a few miles down the road and cherries. Opening your eyes in jail and going wtf am I doing here was when it all kicked in and it felt a little more serious. Saddly its amazing what a few hours in jail will do for you. I also had to serve 5 days in Deleware for all of this after I went to court and all of that and I will say that was the changeing point for me. I got along fine in jail and had no problems but I am a pretty boy who likes to eat good food. And lets just say there is nothing pretty about jail, it stinks and the food sucked. I was shitting water the entire time I was there.

I was told at about your age that there is only ONE true mistake you can make...one you DON'T learn from. Sounds like you figured that out. Sounds like great parents also! Mine saved my butt back then also. They are the best! Glad to hear your making it right. Sucks about the vette :( Been there, right car, right price, no dough. Had to pass on several super nice cars before I could get the Cobra. All in all, they weren't meant to be. Real glad I got this one and not the others. Best of luck.

I'm sure the wisdom you have gained from your experience is better than any Corvette, and like you said earlier, you will enjoy it that much more knowing the struggle it took to get it. I'm all about second chances for people who mess up.
Oh I wouldnt trade the lessons I have learned from this for anything. It has allowed me to finaly grow up which was something that I was really struggling doing. The fact that I now have goals, short and long term means everything because for so long I just didnt care. I am 25 years old. That really isnt that young. I need to start building a life and enjoying what I have left of my prime and getting the toys and such I want in my life before I find myself a wife and settle down. I think finding a good women that will challenge me to always do the right things in life is the last little thing I need and I will be set. But as you can imagine its really hard to find one being that I am 25, with no drivers lisence, and I am back living at home ha ha ha. Its hard enough to just get out in public anymore let alone try to pick up a girl with the lack of credentials that I have ha ha ha. Hopefully things pan out between me and my ex cause that is the girl of my dreams but unfortuently I really messed up the first run that we had.

I was told at about your age that there is only ONE true mistake you can make...one you DON'T learn from. Sounds like you figured that out. Sounds like great parents also! Mine saved my butt back then also. They are the best! Glad to hear your making it right. Sucks about the vette :( Been there, right car, right price, no dough. Had to pass on several super nice cars before I could get the Cobra. All in all, they weren't meant to be. Real glad I got this one and not the others. Best of luck.

They say thats what parents are for. They have that unconditional love that allows them to stay in your corner and back you when no one else will. They have done so much for me its hard for me to even tell them how much they mean to me. So I have been trying to show them with my actions of actually taking my life seriously. Its funny my dad saw me looking at that vette and said wow that is such a clean ride you would look good in that with some sexy blonde next to you. Too bad you messed up this year or you could have it ha ha ha. I hate seeing stuff like this but I just keep trying to use it as motivation because in the end it is just a car. I will have one soon enough. My life, however, could have never been replaced nor the lives of anyone else had I messed up and hurt someone one of those nights that I was being selfish while driving home. That is why I am kinda glad I sold my ws6 3 years ago, even though I miss the car so much, because me behind the wheel of that while I was drunk would have been a death sentence for me.