tempur pedic mattresses

evan9381

Anyone have one of these? About 3 years ago i had a hand me down fairly firm mattress that i didnt really have an issue with, but felt like i wanted a soft mattress. Bought a new one, name brand (simmons deep sleep), in like march of 08.

In april 08 i was in a car accident. Hurt my back a little, but it really never seemed to get me back to normal...im thinking my mattress is part of the reason why.

The one i bought is one sided, so i cant flip it. In 3 years on both mine and my g/fs sides, the springs have worn out to the point where theres depressions where we sleep...deep ones...with this, it usually hurts to do a sit up from a lying position on the bed, and in the morning, my back hurts horribly. Sometimes to the point ive gotta grab my leg to pull myself up. Im not out of shape, and once i get moving for the day, im usually pretty fine until i go back to bed

So im looking for something new...i see these commercials all the time and wanted to see if anyone has one. I know they say you can try one for "free" for 90 nights, but if you choose not to go with it, it can be upwards of $325 to send it back, and it doesnt look like the local dealers do this to where i can drive it back.

TIA

Without a doubt, the best mattress I've ever had. And you definitely have to pay for it. I have 3 herniated discs, and it's the only mattress I sleep comfortably on.

Our CR hookup for mattresses, BTW, is Trey: http://www.columbusracing.com/forums/member.php?u=2494

We have had one on our king size bed for about 4 years now. Love it. I travel to a number of very nice places/hotels and have yet to not come home and absolutely love sleeping in our bed. Worth the price.

I too have had back issues. I cracked two vertebrae and blew a disk when I was younger. No issues today.

Check out Original Mattress Factory, we just got a new bed from there and really like it so far.

Have you tried stretching exercises, yoga, or something of the like? I bet something like that on a regular basis could really help out. This can help with general streching. Also if there is an issue and/or you are in shape you probably have some muscle imbalances that this could help immensely with.

Without a doubt, the best mattress I've ever had. And you definitely have to pay for it. I have 3 herniated discs, and it's the only mattress I sleep comfortably on.

Our CR hookup for mattresses, BTW, is Trey: http://www.columbusracing.com/forums/member.php?u=2494

Trey doesn't work there anymore.

From when I was working at a mattress store I heard a lot of people say Tempur Pedic is just that name brand with the price tag attached to it.

If you do go into a memory foam and think you'll want to get a Tempur Pedic I'd do the trial period or make sure the store you purchase from has a return policy that allows you to return it after trial. It normally takes a person ~2 weeks to get used to the switch from a spring mattress to a memory foam.

Trey doesn't work there anymore.

From when I was working at a mattress store I heard a lot of people say Tempur Pedic is just that name brand with the price tag attached to it.

If you do go into a memory foam and think you'll want to get a Tempur Pedic I'd do the trial period or make sure the store you purchase from has a return policy that allows you to return it after trial. It normally takes a person ~2 weeks to get used to the switch from a spring mattress to a memory foam.

this, my Fiancee and I both have a queen size and it took me a while to get used to it. Now its awesome to just sleep on.

The people I have spoken to that have this matress love it, but boy is it pricey. Cheapest King mattress (mind you, a mattress ONLY) is $1700, and they go up to $7300 for a King - yikes!

From the reviews I read, the models you will actually be happy with are are $4000.

I've had one for about 3 1/2 years. I always caution people against buying one and here's why...it's what I call the tempur pedic curse....

As others have mentioned it takes a bit of getting used to, but once you do, that first 3 months with it is just like the infomercial...you'll feel like angels whispered you to sleep at night and wake up feeling great.

Then after that, you don't really notice it, which is the mark of a good bed; you go to bed, you wake up, and you're ready to go.

Where the curse comes into play is anytime you go away from your home. Doesn't matter if it's a nice hotel, or at a friend's house with a nice guest bed, you're going to wake up pissed off at the fact you weren't at home in your tempur pedic bed! You can take a great vacation, but in the end you're just going to wake up and say....I can't wait to get home and sleep in my bed!

So don't say I didn't warn you. My advice is to put a piece of plywood between your current mattress and box spring and get used to that. Then you'll be able to sleep anywhere and truly enjoy going places.

i got a celebrity king and it is the best mattress in the world...i've been in the mattress business for about 9 years the tempur-pedic is probably the best bed on the market, thing is you either will love it or hate it....honestly don't regard price because the bed will last you 20 years. i've had mine for about 5 years now and its the greatest.

BTW memory foam is different from tempur material

I've had one for about 3 1/2 years. I always caution people against buying one and here's why...it's what I call the tempur pedic curse....

As others have mentioned it takes a bit of getting used to, but once you do, that first 3 months with it is just like the infomercial...you'll feel like angels whispered you to sleep at night and wake up feeling great.

Then after that, you don't really notice it, which is the mark of a good bed; you go to bed, you wake up, and you're ready to go.

Where the curse comes into play is anytime you go away from your home. Doesn't matter if it's a nice hotel, or at a friend's house with a nice guest bed, you're going to wake up pissed off at the fact you weren't at home in your tempur pedic bed! You can take a great vacation, but in the end you're just going to wake up and say....I can't wait to get home and sleep in my bed!

So don't say I didn't warn you. My advice is to put a piece of plywood between your current mattress and box spring and get used to that. Then you'll be able to sleep anywhere and truly enjoy going places.

i totally agree with you....when i'm not on my bed i'm unhappy...thats why they have a 3 inch tempur topper thats for travel :)

I have a memory foam mattress. It isn't a Tempur pedic but it works just as well. Ever since I had my massive chest surgery I have had pain sleeping anywhere in any position except for flat on my back. Since I have had this mattress I can finally sleep and not wake up randomly in pain. Used to fucking suck going to bed on my back and waking up on my side in pain.

I will never buy a spring mattress for the rest of my life.

I still work for Mattress Firm. I just don't stay in one place like you might think. I left the Polaris area for Easton Store for a few months, and now I'm here in Grove City where there are more people coming into the store. If you are not sure about Tempur-pedics you can sleep up to 100 days and still walk away from them for just the delivery fee of $69.99, or otherwise get it to the warehouse(Morse and 71 area) without messing it up for no charges. Depending on the size you need I might be able to save you some extra money on models we use at the Home Shows I run. Just PM me about things. Also note if I give away free Pillows or something else to get you to buy from me if you return the bed you have to pay retail for the stuff. This is only due to our company rules about things due to Columbus Bed Bug problem going around. I myself have a King Allura Bed and can't sleep on anything else really. The beds don't sleep any hotter to me then any other bed I've been on before. Only thing I wished I would of waited for the Cloud Luxe that just came out, but I was tired of waiting. I still love my bed, but the newest Cloud is cheaper and softer then mine at home. Just PM me or e-mail me at IVRINGS@yahoo.com, and I would love to help you out. Just let me know.

Trey Latham

Grove City Asst Store Manager &

Events & Expositions Coordinator

You can ask for a Tempur-pedic room upgrade at some of the nicer places. ;) Just look around since more and more places are coming around since they don't have to replaced as much.

The Tempurpedic mattress will most likely have an aroma to it for quite a while after purchase. Very chemical-ly/industrial. Anyone else notice that?
In the summer you can notice it more, but in the winter it doesn't do it as much. On the Cloud models and down you can take the cover off it and wash it with your own landry stuff to help lessen the smell since it is held more in the cover then anything. Otherwise some baking soda or fresh cut apple on a plate with the doors closed helps. It is mainly due to the bed being in a bag sealed and in a box sealed. Most models are always very fresh with a turn over of 2-3 weeks at most on popular models. When I ordered mine via a employee type deal I got mine just days after it was made.

The people I have spoken to that have this matress love it, but boy is it pricey. Cheapest King mattress (mind you, a mattress ONLY) is $1700, and they go up to $7300 for a King - yikes!

From the reviews I read, the models you will actually be happy with are are $4000.

Worth every penny.

Buy nice or buy twice is our rule. There are some people that pay that kinda money on here for wheels, but you use your bed 6-8 hours a night for 20 years with Tempur. Per day use it is very cheap. Coffee on the go, Eatting out once or twice a month, the news paper, cable TV all have a higher cost per day then any model Temper if you think about it.

I got a off brand one from waterbeds and stuff three or four years ago, I will never own another mattress. It is amazing, and plagues my life, every time i go out of town i can't sleep because the mattresses never meet the comfort of my own. Even though it was a generic brand it was around $800-900 out the door.

I have a Tempur Cloud Supreme and I have never slept better. The smell is kinda funky but it goes away so no big deal. I do find it to be warmer at times than a regular mattress but I simply modulate the blankets and it is all good. I would recommend it to anyone.

I have a Tempur Cloud Supreme and I have never slept better. The smell is kinda funky but it goes away so no big deal. I do find it to be warmer at times than a regular mattress but I simply modulate the blankets and it is all good. I would recommend it to anyone.
You bring up a good point... Most people have a ton of blankets on there beds due they sleep cold due to pressure points not allowing blood flow in the lower areas of the body. With a tempur bed you only really need a thin throw or light blanket. No down covers or heating pads needed. :D