Sledding thread

SLOWLX

Still there.

You can also go to just about any dam and find a good spot, too.

Used to go on the south side of Hoover and sled back in those woods. Once we found a big ass fridge box and used that as a sled for a bit. Fit about 6 of us as a time. Trick was everyone bailing in the right direction to not land on each other or hit a tree. Good times.

where do you go sledding around here? i've lived here over 10 yrs but haven't gone since i was a kid...i bet my 3 yr old would love it!

Scioto Park just off Riverside just south of Hard Rd. The other smaller area is off Wilson Bridge right on the curve by the office buildings. Both are good.

screw the kills, time to buy a quad and I'm going to pull the wife and kids all over our property... that would be fun

Used to go on the south side of Hoover and sled back in those woods. Once we found a big ass fridge box and used that as a sled for a bit. Fit about 6 of us as a time. Trick was everyone bailing in the right direction to not land on each other or hit a tree. Good times.

Me and my friends back in the day would take car hoods from their dads auto body shop and hook it to the back of a quad and go nuts. We could fit like four of us on and do about 40mph or so. Was a blast untill you would get slung out going around a corner and hit a tree.

Me and my friends will still go to Hover sometimes and slead on the backside of the dam. The hill is straight down and you can get mad speed.

i was just down in the lower lot below the dam at hoover yesterday, and at the bottom of that hill its full of large rocks...i didnt see a single sled mark

or are you guys talking about on the east side of the dam? i was coming off sunbury

i was just down in the lower lot below the dam at hoover yesterday, and at the bottom of that hill its full of large rocks...i didnt see a single sled mark

or are you guys talking about on the east side of the dam? i was coming off sunbury

If you know where hole number 2 is on their frisbee golf course you know where I sleed. I do think it is the east side of the damn though where the lower lot is and the steps that take you back up to the top and into the little shelter they have built. When there is enough snow that rock bed which is just concrete with bumps to pull debris out of running water through there is not a problem. And if your good you can just stear around it and hit the huge mound of snow built up from people plowing that bottom lot and get huge air. We always use the hard foam style of sleds because you go way faster and you can actually control where they go. Traditional plastic ones suck and its hard to get them to turn without loseing speed.