Here we go again.

SpaceGhost

Would be interested in reading what this guy proposes. If it is strickly "assault rifles". What about the AR pistol weapons that have the same capacity but are registered as pistols? As for the military. I would argue that less than 250,000 troops serving in the current conflicts have actually been on a combat mission. We are getting weaker. The time will come when we get our peepee smacked unfortunatly.

Jesus. Lincoln was killed with a fucking single shot pistol, and no one tried to ban guns after that.

People have too much sand in their vaginas.

I agree with this 100%. To many people are trying to find excuses for these bad things happening in our country. Unfortuently the tree huggers and anti gun pussys are usually the ones looking for these answers and they are blaming the easiest thing they can without looking at the big picture. The guns are not killing the people. People are killing people. This is a result of lack of proper education and essencially stupid people breeding thus bringing more stupid people on to our planet. Taking away guns will not solve this problem because then people will use bombs, knifes, rocks or even their own fists. Also as far as what is stopping the American people from raiseing against the Government, it is nothing more than fear that is stopping us. That and the lack of a figure to organise our own army. This will be delvoped when the NRA has had enough. As quoted from my American Hunter mag ( this is the NRA'S mag it gives out to all their members) These are the words of the NRA president" We must never allow the ideals that make America the last, best hope for freedom in the world to be destroyed, damaged or diminished in the least. If foreign powers insist upon pushing their idea of "global norms" across our borders, NRA will be the first to alert and mobilize the American people to stop them." He was refering to the the United Nations delegates that are working to pass this Arms Trade Treaty and are also wanting to pass all of these bans on firearms in the U.S. in hopes of eventually passing a form of global gun control....

People need to learn and accept that there will always be danger, and pain, and misery, and violence. It is not possible to create a society free of suffering. This means:

- Limiting the availability of weapons will not lessen crime or violence. If anything, crime will increase.

- Dangers will always exist in some form. Be it automobile accidents or your child falling on the playground. It is not possible to eliminate dangers through legislation.

- While on the topic of legislation; it is impossible to legislate morality. Get it through your heads. The very idea is a paradox.

- There are very, very few wonder drugs. It isn't feasible (in the near future anyway) that medicine will free us from ailment, therefore we should not expect it to.

Many other things but those are the biggest that come to mind. This idea of creating a pain-free society is just serving to pussify the society.

you are right, but the number of combat soldiers that would be willing to fire on their own people versus the number who would not is more than enough to keep that from happening. I wouldn't feel like I am wrong in thinking that most soldiers are loyal to the idea of our country than the government and politicians. Actually I would be willing to go out on a limb and say that with are current near civilianized army that they would be more apt to revolt against a government who would try to take our arms.

Do you think that military/veterans are more or less supportive of the 2nd amendment than your average American, I would say that they are more part of the gun culture than any group

you are right, but the number of combat soldiers that would be willing to fire on their own people versus the number who would not is more than enough to keep that from happening. I wouldn't feel like I am wrong in thinking that most soldiers are loyal to the idea of our country than the government and politicians. Actually I would be willing to go out on a limb and say that with are current near civilianized army that they would be more apt to revolt against a government who would try to take our arms.

Do you think that military/veterans are more or less supportive of the 2nd amendment than your average American, I would say that they are more part of the gun culture than any group

I would have to say that they are defently more for the 2nd Amendment than that of your average person. If a revolt were to happen I have a feeling it may end up being helped along by veterans fighting for the same rights. I also have to agree with your statement that I think it would be hard for people to fire on their own country men.

Jesus. Lincoln was killed with a fucking single shot pistol, and no one tried to ban guns after that.

People have too much sand in their vaginas.

When we stick with that mindset, JFK was taken out with a 6.5mm Carcano bolt action rifle, Regan was almost killed by a Röhm RG-14 .22 cal revolver and the list continues. In this sort of day in age now, it shocks me that public servants don't conduct themselves as potential targets at all times. Situational awareness goes a long way.