Looking for Audi engine... 2.7T Who to talk to?

IVRINGS

Who that we know even carries Audi engines in the yards? I saw you guys helping others out on body parts, but can you get engines too? I'm still tossing around the idea of droping a 2.7T into my '03 Audi A4 1.8T 5-speed. It has been been getting easier with more people doing it now. I would also like the engine harness and the ECU from A6 2.7T or even B5 S5 S4's. The A6 will offer lower miles and the newest 2.7 model if we can find it. Thanks.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have not tried local yards yet. I did look on car-parts.com finding one in Circleville for 1299 I think, but not sure if it is with the turboes or not. I just wanted to see if any local on here could find the place to work a deal to make this happen. An B6 A4 with the power of the B5 S4 is the perfect swap I feel. Maybe next year I could do the K04's too.

Interesting swap. Any links to such info? I love the idea of this.
Here is the link I have going with two if the swaps. Two of the three links have the same Black car in them.

http://www.audizine.com/forum/showthread.php/408488-Lets-talk-more-about-the-2.7T-swap

ive seen a few of these done before, really cool swap. Wish they would have contined making th S4 B6 style with the 2.7t. Its a great motor aside from being a maintenace hog.
The main thing I hear that is the problem is if the turbo or turboes going out. So I will make sure everything is good with those, but any other problems to look out for since you know more about the 2.7's then I do. Check in on the post from time to time.

I can look around some, but if marshall's in circleville had it for 1299, your probably not going to find it any cheaper.....

you can try Augies Import America up by Cleveland, they won't be cheaper but the quality will be better

Thanks! Well I'm looking for quality for sure. If the price is right on a 6-speed setup I wouldn't mind buying both engine and trans to get the most out of it. Since the other place is local it would save me gas on my drive to pick it up in my 93 F-150 that loves to drink gas, but that is due to the 4 RR things giving me some grip in this weather we have been having.

Augies didn't have one listed right now, but if they come across them from time to time I can wait it out a little bit, but wonder if I can ask about keeping all the wires together to get an uncut harness that would really help instead of trying to replace later.

Just wait and you can eventually get one on the zine classifieds....

AIM & Name on the Zine is: joneze93tsi

Well the main problem with this is that we don't really have many people around Columbus. I will try to see if any of the Cincy or Cleve guys might have any deals that I need to check out, but finding something local saves shipping and or gas picking it up. Something over in PA might be nice, but when this truck is loaded up it would cost me maybe 200 bucks with the mileage i'm getting with the extra weight I have in it right now. The 302 doesn't speak much in MPG if you know what I mean. :mad:

The main thing I hear that is the problem is if the turbo or turboes going out. So I will make sure everything is good with those, but any other problems to look out for since you know more about the 2.7's then I do. Check in on the post from time to time.

Thanks! Well I'm looking for quality for sure. If the price is right on a 6-speed setup I wouldn't mind buying both engine and trans to get the most out of it. Since the other place is local it would save me gas on my drive to pick it up in my 93 F-150 that loves to drink gas, but that is due to the 4 RR things giving me some grip in this weather we have been having.

Circleville is like 35 minutes from Westerville, even if you get 10 miles a gallon thats 25 bucks in gas money....

Vr6 would be cool too. I was thinking about grabbing a B5 a4 avant chasis to put a VR6 swap in soon...

But regarding the swap if you do the 2.7t - k03 turbos are ticking time bombs, never know when they will go. I recommend upgrading to K04 turbos, and heres things to do with the engine/ what to check for:

- valve cover gaskets and cam seals are very prone to leak so do them while the engine is out

- Change the spark plugs with NGK factory plugs or bosch side fires

-If the engine misfires its probably a coil pack so have a few extras handy

-Do the timing belt/water pump/t-stat/drive belts so you don't have to

-fresh engine mounts and tranny mount

-New vacuum lines so you don't have boost leaks, and a new throttle body boot

-egt sensors like to go bad, no way of telling without the diagnostic port working and can scan for codes

Other than that the motor is solid really... I would just check compression to make sure its above 165-170 psi in all cylinders.

Circleville is like 35 minutes from Westerville, even if you get 10 miles a gallon thats 25 bucks in gas money....
Guess I need to update location cause I'm up in Lewis Center now. Still only 1 hour there and back so 2 hours total isn't bad.

You probably want to get an S4 ECU over the A6 ECU, the A6 ECU is tuned more conservatively. I guess if you tune them both it might not matter. One thing you could try to do is get a 2.7 bottom end, bolt 2.8L heads on with 2.8 cams, then port an older style 2.7L intake manifold to match the heads. The newest style 2.7 isn't necessarily a better choice. You've got some options here.

VR6 swap would also be nasty.