Learning to ride a sport bike?

Razorback

ride how..

just learn to ride in general...

or learn to ride at the track?

the have the Basic rider course every year, a couple times a year infact

and i think they even have an advanced rider course..

but if you want to learn how to go fast around a track.. go to mid ohio, or sign up with NESBA or STT and do a couple track days.

Just in general (like on the street). I've always thought it would be fun to learn to ride a sport bike, and I don't know how serious I am about ever getting one or learning to ride, but it'd be nice to know where I could go to learn from a pro.

i wouldnt advise jumping on a street bike if you have no idea how to ride. start on a dirtbike (4 stroke) and work your way up. unless youre starting on a ninja 250, those have no balls. seriously though, street bikes are not for beginners. they are called crotch rockets for a reason.

http://www.abate.com

They put on motorcycle safety classes that are 1.5-2.5 days and will teach you more than you will learn in a parking lot with some buddies. When my wife did it the cost was $50 and you get she didn't have to take the license test from the BMV, they took her Abate certificate as passing. Pick a class you want to attend and sign up VERY early because they will fill up.

Although there are some differences between sportbikes (at a high level) and some other bikes, you really need the fundamentals of motorcycle riding before you worry about learning to ride a sportbike. If you buy a sportbike and take the Abate class, I recommend reading "A Twist of the Wrist II" to teach you some of the things that are lacking from the class to sportbikes.

Trackdays are the place to really push your sportbike and learn more than you can on the street but they are not as cheap as the $200 entry fee for a beginner. There is bike prep, often new tires, and proper safety equipment. If you are just getting into it and have to buy everything and pay people to do the work, that one trackday could cost you over $1000. If you love it and do them often, the cost is spread out over several days and becomes much more tolerable.

Just in general (like on the street). I've always thought it would be fun to learn to ride a sport bike, and I don't know how serious I am about ever getting one or learning to ride, but it'd be nice to know where I could go to learn from a pro.

Any of the BRC courses will work for you, or find someone that rides and ask for lessons.

I learned how to ride on my 05' R6. I didnt drop it at all when learning. Its just a matter of taking it slow and getting used to it

this...

i bought a beater bike, and rode the piss out of it. never dropped it, learned from people, never took the course, but i will in the spring just for knowledge purposes. just be safe and dont do dumbshit and youll be fine. i started on a gsxr 600

Ok thanks very much. Do they have a Columbus location?

Click locations and ect it says 25$ on the tuition an fees usualy held in the spring time they provide the bike gear an class room an a voucher to get ur license. U just need to go to a bmv an get ur motorcycle temp packet which is like 22 bucks

Held at school parking lots usually.. sign up ahead of time cause they fill quick.... or u can go to a class an be on a wait list for people who don't show.

http://www.motorcycle.ohio.gov/