Free Pete

Drewhop

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Think they forgot ro taze him.

But realy a general lack of respect from hat guy and camera guy are examples of what is wrong with people today. I would never think to tell a officier or court ballif no after being asked to remove my hat and then resisting arest too.....

This is just stupid. If your in court, take off your fucking hat if asked. And if you get hand cuffed, don't act as your being abused because you refuse to walk. I'm usually against cops in situations like this. But this is not about cops doing something wrong, this is about some dumbass and his camera man trying to make something out of nothing.

I don't see the reasoning behind it. Not removing a hat should get you asked to leave, not arrested.

I'm guessing you guys are overlooking this as well.

http://www.copblock.org/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/HATON.png

I f he won't comply with removing the hat and he won't walk when cuffed do you really think he would have left when asked to? Hell once they got him to jail he is refusing to give his name. He is even on a hunger strike now. Sadly, we will have to pay to have him fed via IV, should just let him starve himself in jail.

I don't see the reasoning behind it. Not removing a hat should get you asked to leave, not arrested.

Yet another person who thinks they have the freedom to act any way they please. It's not a crime to wear a hat, it is a crime to disrespect a judge in his courtroom. As for the officer ... He is an officer of the court, not a criminal or bystander. For all you know the cap he is wearing is part of his uniform, or he has secured special permission from the judge to wear it for reasons we don't need to know. The guy was given instructions to remove his hat several times and failed to do so. If he was outside in a public area he has the right to refuse. In a courtroom he does not have the right to refuse a reasonable request.

Manners are not laws. Yes, most cultures remove their hats in doors. In a free society, the individual gets to choose to follow or not follow these customs.

It is good manners to not beat up those that choose to not follow etiquette.

pretty good statement there. but really, just take off the stupid hat.

I have a hard time understanding how all the conservatives on this forum are pro free market but anti personal freedoms? Seems kind of strange to me. I would expect to be accosted if I refused to remove my hat in court but why is this? This seems to be another way of the system intimidating the average person. While you are in this building you must abide by any requests or else. Personally I do not wear hats and if I did, I would simply remove it to avoid this type of inevitable situation but why should I have to?

I have a hard time understanding how all the conservatives on this forum are pro free market but anti personal freedoms? Seems kind of strange to me. I would expect to be accosted if I refused to remove my hat in court but why is this? This seems to be another way of the system intimidating the average person. While you are in this building you must abide by any requests or else. Personally I do not wear hats and if I did, I would simply remove it to avoid this type of inevitable situation but why should I have to?

It is not abide by any request. It is not like they are going to request you to stand naked in the court room. It is no different then many stores, banks or clubs that do not allow hats, sunglasses, etc. It is as much safety as it is respect. It is a lot easier to identify a person and predict their actions if you can see their face, eye movement and facial expressions. Simple fact of the matter is he was there by his own free choice. If he does not like the policies he is free to leave, in fact when he refused to comply he was asked to leave and refused that too.

It is not abide by any request. It is not like they are going to request you to stand naked in the court room. It is no different then many stores, banks or clubs that do not allow hats, sunglasses, etc. It is as much safety as it is respect. It is a lot easier to identify a person and predict their actions if you can see their face, eye movement and facial expressions. Simple fact of the matter is he was there by his own free choice. If he does not like the policies he is free to leave, in fact when he refused to comply he was asked to leave and refused that too.

I agree that is it mostly a respect thing but unless a hat is covering the face (mask) I do not think the safety argument really applies here. I have never seen a person in a store or bank being asked to take off their hat. I have however seen people asked to take off masks (around Halloween). I could not imagine an officer asking someone to stand naked in a courtroom but IF they did and I did not, than I would be arrested. My point is that I must comply with any request while on the premises and this is not necessarily to degrade me but to show that I am submissive to the system . In addition, many people are not there voluntarily and many of these people are also innocent and trying to realize their rights.

from watching the video, it looks like these punk ass kids did this on purpose. did you see the 3rd person pull his hat out of his pocket, and just so happen to have a camcorder in his hat. he pulled it out and started recording.

he got what was coming to his dumb ass

I agree that is it mostly a respect thing but unless a hat is covering the face (mask) I do not think the safety argument really applies here. I have never seen a person in a store or bank being asked to take off their hat. I have however seen people asked to take off masks (around Halloween). I could not imagine an officer asking someone to stand naked in a courtroom but IF they did and I did not, than I would be arrested. My point is that I must comply with any request while on the premises and this is not necessarily to degrade me but to show that I am submissive to the system . In addition, many people are not there voluntarily and many of these people are also innocent and trying to realize their rights.

I know PNC banks have a no hat no sunglass policy. Most of them have it posted on their doors or near them. Most adult themed stores have a no hat no sunglass policy also. The person that was arrested was their to watch their friend on trial. He was there voluntarily and to cause a problem. What benefit do they get by seeing that you are submissive to the system? That is about the stupidest thing I have heard. You really think the bailiff gets his jollies by making you sit there with your hat in your lap instead of on your head? Simple fact is the person violated policy. He was asked to comply he refused. He was told to comply and refused. He was asked to leave and refused. He was then told to leave and refused. At that point he has committed a crime and was arrested as such.

HERP THE COP HAS A GUN ON TOO DOES THAT MEAN I CAN WEAR A GUN IN THE COURTHOUSE DERP?

Fuckin NH hippies.