Question for my fellow hunters out there.

I Eat Rice

So last night I was watching the man on the travel channel show Into The Wild or whatever it is called and saw something I am very interested in and was curious if anyone had info on this. I have been hunting for around 15 years and have nearly hunted and killed every animal I have wanted to with an exception of a few. Toward the end of the show he went traditional style wild boar hunting with tracking dogs, a few biter dogs aka pit bulls and a buck knife and that was it. The feeling one must get from being face to face with an animal a few hundred pounds more than you and the want to kill you as bad as you want to kill it has to be insane. Plus it has to be a rush harder than that you will ever get from shooting a big whitetail, or a phesant double ect ect. Also the sensation of being one with the wild and your game that your in prusuit of has to also be the strongest one would ever feel, because any pussy can pull the trigger of a gun and bag an animal and call themselves a bad ass hunter. I want to go do this but dont know where to start on being able to accomplish this dream that I have now. Does anyone know anything about this and good areas to go to do this. I am assuming down south would be a good start considering thats where all the big pigs are ie Georgia, Tenn ect ect. I just have no idea how to go about this and any info would be greatly apricated because I am set on doing this before this year is up so I want to start planning and saving up the necessary funds to accomplish this new goal.

just go down south and pay some redneck to let you hunt with them?

That is what I am thinking about here is an example too. This shit seems like it would be a rush for sure.

These guys have gotten many 300+ lb boars on there ranch. They charge like 100 bucks a person and like $1.50 per pound of the animal killed but I would rather find some hill jack back in the woods not looking for so much money. Thats why I posted on here because I didnt know if anyone may know people that do this thus getting my foot in the door.

You can do this on the cheap right here in Columbus...well sorta. Just go to Sharon Woods, act like you have Cheerios, and then grab the deer when they stroll up. Bambi will put up much more of a fight than you would expect...

We have Canada geese all over the lawn at work...I catch one or two of them a month just to show people how easy it is.

That is what I am thinking about here is an example too. This shit seems like it would be a rush for sure.
These guys have gotten many 300+ lb boars on there ranch. They charge like 100 bucks a person and like $1.50 per pound of the animal killed but I would rather find some hill jack back in the woods not looking for so much money. Thats why I posted on here because I didnt know if anyone may know people that do this thus getting my foot in the door.

$100 +1.50 per pound? That is a rip off for an animal that has no closed season and no bag limit in most areas

just go down south and pay some redneck to let you hunt with them?

Or you could be like our resident gun guru "Austin" and tuck ur sack up into ur asshole and just shoot them out of the back of a moving truck using semi-auto rifles.

http://i46.tinypic.com/20qantj.gif

You can do this on the cheap right here in Columbus...well sorta. Just go to Sharon Woods, act like you have Cheerios, and then grab the deer when they stroll up. Bambi will put up much more of a fight than you would expect...

We have Canada geese all over the lawn at work...I catch one or two of them a month just to show people how easy it is.

Bambi is a pussy and only weighs about 150lbs. Like I said an animal that can take on multiple pit bulls and still have the fight to try and kill you is what I am after here not a wussy ass deer. Plus those are pets in my mind. I even refuse to hunt pen raised upland game birds because there is no challenge in that. That is why I go to Michigan and Kansas with my dad and his dogs every year on wild birds.

$100 +1.50 per pound? That is a rip off for an animal that has no closed season and no bag limit in most areas
That is what I was thinking too. Sometimes you can get more than one in a day. You end up getting 2 300lb boars in a day and you will be giving them alot of money but they pretty much tell you that you come down here and you will get to stab some shit. They have pictures on their site of a guy that got 3 300lb+ boars in one day of hunting.

Or you could be like our resident gun guru "Austin" and tuck ur sack up into ur asshole and just shoot them out of the back of a moving truck using semi-auto rifles.

http://i46.tinypic.com/20qantj.gif

There is no sport in that sorry, rifles are not even legal to use in ohio on most game besides groundhogs and a few other things... and I like Austin and all but actions like that is what gives hunters a bad name in this day in age and I would like to hope that he would not actually inguage in activity that is that disrespectiful to the quary that you are after... Again I am in this for the up close and personal experiance you are going to get. Like I said any pussy can pull the trigger of a gun and shoot something from far away and think they are a bad ass hunter.

So let me get this straight. You wanna go into the woods. With tracking and bite dogs. Let them chase a animal and injure it. So you can feel manly and stab it with a knife after it is already hurt and wore out? Have you ever witnessed what a dog with stamina can do to just about any animal?

Yet you want to take a jab at destruction of a feral invasive hog problem that someone helped out in Texas with.

Have you watched any videos on how destructive feral hogs are? We should all be running around in pick up trucks and mowing the fuckers down with high power rifles.

Oh...and your vehicles description it is License not lisence.

So let me get this straight. You wanna go into the woods. With tracking and bite dogs. Let them chase a animal and injure it. So you can feel manly and stab it with a knife after it is already hurt and wore out? Have you ever witnessed what a dog with stamina can do to just about any animal?

Yet you want to take a jab at destruction of a feral invasive hog problem that someone helped out in Texas with.

Have you watched any videos on how destructive feral hogs are? We should all be running around in pick up trucks and mowing the fuckers down with high power rifles.

http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj288/Dubs740/Oxqtc-1.jpg

Yes I have witnessed what a dog with stamina can do. My dad raises English Setters, I go hunting with him in Michigan and Kansas every year as stated before in a previous post. Aparently you must have over looked this. Have also witnessed dog fighting because for a short time I was helping a local animal shelter with investigations of local dog fighting rings and had to witness a few with the person I was working with to get the necessary evidence to have the people taken down. I will promise you this the hog may be tired but there is plunty of fight left in it when you get there because these pigs can easily take out a few of your dogs if you are to slow to get there and help them out. Doing this to feel manily is not the main reason why I want to do this aparently reading comprenshion baffles you because I have 3 reasons in my opening post as to why I want to do this and none of them mention feeling manily that was my 4th reason, and something tells me you wouldnt have the nutts to do it...Yes I have also seen how bad the hog problem is in the United States anyone with cable and the National Geographic channel can see that duh... Going around in trucks and mowing them down just to kill them is not sporting, also it does not give the animal the respect that it disserves when you have taken its life nor does it make you a hunter and a person practicing proper conservation. Doing that should be a last resort to solving a problem and that is it. Sorry I was not aware that he actually went down there to do that and I will assume it was for last resort reasons and maybe he enjoyed it but I am a hunter not a killer so that shit is not for me. Aparently that got your panties in a bunch I am sorry for that. Also sorry I do not go through everything I type on here and proofread it like it is a term paper and I will fix that spelling error that you seemed compelled to point out to some way shape or form discredit my education but before I do that I must give you a lesson in proper punctuation and writing because you had to critizise me and aparently you didnt make it past 9th grade english.

Let me get this straight, you wanna go into the woods, with tracking and bite dogs? Let them chase an animal and injure it, so you can feel manly and stab it with a knife after it is already hurt and wore out? Have you ever witnessed what a dog with stamina can do to another animal?

Then you want to take a jab at someone who helped with the invasive hog problem that the state of Texas is dealing with?

Have you watched any videos on how destructive feral hogs are? We all should be driving around in pick up trucks, mowing the fuckers down with high powered rifles.

Oh, and your vehicles description it is license not lisence.

There you go that is better and there is your english lesson for the day just compare what I have done for you in the quote above with your original post and you will see the difference because I am to lazy to make all the corrections in bold face and that would have taken far to much time.:)

It seems as tho you are trying to justify doing this to yourself and not me. My problem lies with you thinking that your means of hunting is better or my primal then anyone else.

My point is. Killing something with a knife that is scared and wounded takes no more skill then, tracking learning a deers pattern and shooting it with a traditional style bow.

You have watched the videos correct? Most of "pigs" are pinned down and unable to run at the point when the "kill" is initiated. Could you get hurt. I am sure the answer is yes. If you want some practice. Find a farmer buy a pig from him. Instead of him slaughtering it chase that bitch around a muddy pig pen with a large knife until it or you gets tired and try to gut it on spot. Good luck and happy hunting.

As for your comment about me killing a pig with a knife. Nope I have no excuse for wanting to be that close to a animal that can possibly kill me. The evolution of modern fire arms has allowed me the comfort of killing something from a safe distance.

Good luck and happy hunting. Hope your dreams come true.

because any pussy can pull the trigger of a gun and bag an animal and call themselves a bad ass hunter.

This is how I've always felt about hunting. I've hunted a few times, but for one its boring and I hate getting up in the morning, and then if I see the animal and it don't run, its dead because I have the gun. I should bring a bow because I can guarantee I can't hit anything:-)

I'm always hoping some coyote will actually attack while I'm out with my telescope. Would be fun to choke one to death, but then again I'm pretty sure I have issues.

It seems as tho you are trying to justify doing this to yourself and not me. My problem lies with you thinking that your means of hunting is better or my primal then anyone else.

My point is. Killing something with a knife that is scared and wounded takes no more skill then, tracking learning a deers pattern and shooting it with a traditional style bow.

You have watched the videos correct? Most of "pigs" are pinned down and unable to run at the point when the "kill" is initiated. Could you get hurt. I am sure the answer is yes. If you want some practice. Find a farmer buy a pig from him. Instead of him slaughtering it chase that bitch around a muddy pig pen with a large knife until it or you gets tired and try to gut it on spot. Good luck and happy hunting.

As for your comment about me killing a pig with a knife. Nope I have no excuse for wanting to be that close to a animal that can possibly kill me. The evolution of modern fire arms has allowed me the comfort of killing something from a safe distance.

There you go that is what your first post should have been instead of trying to attack and dis-credit what I want to do. As a fellow hunter you should have given me any advice that you had to help me along my way and wish me luck not try to make me sound stupid... I am no way shape or form trying to make myself sound like a better hunter I just mearly see more in it than just the kill and the meat. There is also something very spirtual that comes with taking an animal that makes you at one with nature. Also the knowledge that with the sacrifice that the animal had to take with giving its life it is your responsibility to insure that you will use everything you can from the animal so that it does not go to waste thus that sacrifice was worth while. This is an idea that alot of people have a hard time wrapping their heads around because there are meanings in this world that are far bigger than us and are hard for us to even explain in words. Im having a tough time with it right now. Yes it also takes a great bit of skill to pattern a large whitetail, my father has taken many Ohio Big Bucks in his day of deer hunting with a recurve bow one scoreing 183 and some change non typ. and has passed many of his tactics down to me. The experence of this hunt will be very different and up close and personal that is what I am wanting because like I have said besides getting doubles on a few types of grouse, shooting an elk, a big horn sheep, and a wolf I have accomplished just about all of my hunting goals thus hunting means more to me now because Im not so much in it for the blood, more the experiance of being at one with nature and looking into the eyes of the animal, touching the animal and the risk that comes with that while you are taking its life is about as close as your going to get. And yes the animal is pinned down but it would be me pinning it down and no one else that is where the closeness that I talked about a few lines ago comes into play. It will be an experance that I will never forget I have to assume and will also be an experiance that is so much bigger than me and will be the ultimate feeling of living truely in the moment.

Edited by I Eat Rice

this....

I'd be much more impressed if they did it without the dogs.

this....

I'd be much more impressed if they did it without the dogs.

I can understand this. But the dogs are getting a chance to do what they were breed to do and I like that. Trackers tracking and pits tearing shit up. People think pits were made for rap videos and to look hard and they were not. They were breed to be family protectors and to rip shit up that is why they have such a strong bite and the tendency to go even harder if they are experiancing pain.