Finally gave in, Bought a new Z06!

Kohones

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

is the 02 stock? and congrats on the new purchase!

You will not find a cleaner C5Z than the one he traded in. I am very upset I couldnt buy it before he traded it in. :(

It has a Hurst short throw, Borla cat-back, vera-ram intake, and a tune. As my dad said, it dyno'd 390rwhp and sounds amazing. It would turn heads everytime it was on the road.

-Marc

no reason for a catback in these cars. just a switch that opens all 4 pipes at idle, and do the 'muffler mod'. that way, it can be as quiet as you want, and loud when you want it. no reason to spend $1800 for what $300 can do better.

Has the reliablility of electric cut-outs improved over the years? I haven't really known anyone to run them recently.

What's this 'muffler mod' you speak of?

-Marc

Has the reliablility of electric cut-outs improved over the years? I haven't really known anyone to run them recently.

What's this 'muffler mod' you speak of?

-Marc

not a cutout. the z's have 4 exhaust tips. two are high restriction--they are open at all times. two are low restriction (loud)--they only open i think at 3500rpms. that way, the car is quiet as a mouse at freeway speeds. you can simply pull a fuse to have all 4 open all the time, or they make a switch to open them when you want, and close them with a switch.

the muffler mod, consists of cuting the muffler open and removing any and all restrictions from the 'low restriction' tips. that way, the car is still quiet with the low restriction tips shut, but extremely loud with all 4 open. speed shops should be able to do the mod for $300ish. too bad i don't live in columbus---i'm sure IPS has done this mod many times, as its quite popular.

the muffler mod, consists of cuting the muffler open and removing any and all restrictions from the 'low restriction' tips. that way, the car is still quiet with the low restriction tips shut, but extremely loud with all 4 open. speed shops should be able to do the mod for $300ish. too bad i don't live in columbus---i'm sure IPS has done this mod many times, as its quite popular.

It is VERY loud with all 4-open with the mod done IMO. We have done it many times and no, it isn't terribly difficult (Expensive) but does result in a night and day difference in exhaust note. Add a cam to it and it sounds down-right nasty :)

Jeff

not a cutout. the z's have 4 exhaust tips. two are high restriction--they are open at all times. two are low restriction (loud)--they only open i think at 3500rpms. that way, the car is quiet as a mouse at freeway speeds. you can simply pull a fuse to have all 4 open all the time, or they make a switch to open them when you want, and close them with a switch.

My dad has this exhaust on his '08 C6, and he added the switch, I believe they call it "Mild to Wild." It is easily one of the best sounding factory exhaust I have ever heard on a car, it sounds incredible.

sounds like you need to do more research tardo

He only has a best friend who works on them on a DAILY basis, and is involved with the fastest one in the country...Not good enough credentials I suppose.

Cram if you or your dad have questions involving what products preform the best and why or general inquires just call me.:eek:

Congratulations Mr. Stock, its good to see you cured your itch :cool:!

Regards