RXP Project - S/C, Injectors, Impeller, .... ECT

Linn1647545492

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sucks it almost sank....71 is pretty fast and would hurt if you came off!

I looked at the new sea doos they have a nice two seater I'm eying but also eying a boat as well....decisions.

If you are going to have a passenger every time you take it out get a boat or get two skis. I hate having a passenger.

I was out for about 4 or 5 hours today. Water was smooth and awesome. Its about back to normal depth too.

I wanted to go out tonight and test the ski, it just took a lot longer than I wanted and I can't make it out tomorrow night either since I have a work dinner at Hyde Park :).

I just want to get back out on the water. How are the new skis?

Linn Im searching High and low for a Green/black one. I kinda ike the red ones. Im just gonna do an intake Through hull and green charger.

Keep it reliable and fun.

boating season is almost here =0

did you get a GPS and attach it to the ski or one you wear?..

Linn Im searching High and low for a Green/black one. I kinda ike the red ones. Im just gonna do an intake Through hull and green charger.

Keep it reliable and fun.

boating season is almost here =0

did you get a GPS and attach it to the ski or one you wear?..

I wraped it around the handel bars. You would be better off with a Stage one and a through hull. Don't do a green wheel unless that charger needs the washer replaced.

I wanted to go out tonight and test the ski, it just took a lot longer than I wanted and I can't make it out tomorrow night either since I have a work dinner at Hyde Park :).

I just want to get back out on the water. How are the new skis?

As much as I love the water, I would go for a steak at Hyde Park over it any day. ;)

The new skis are great. I have one completely stripped and sanded ready to prime and paint. Just waiting for the right day (a day with some time) to paint. I cant wait until I am done with them. They are pretty fun little skis. Good basic things just to tool around on. I will probably upgrade to a pair like yours pretty soon as long as these get decent usage.

You going to be out any this weekend?

As much as I love the water, I would go for a steak at Hyde Park over it any day. ;)

The new skis are great. I have one completely stripped and sanded ready to prime and paint. Just waiting for the right day (a day with some time) to paint. I cant wait until I am done with them. They are pretty fun little skis. Good basic things just to tool around on. I will probably upgrade to a pair like yours pretty soon as long as these get decent usage.

You going to be out any this weekend?

I'm going to try to leave work around 2:30 today and head to the lake for a few hours just to make sure I don't have any leaks and everything is 100%. If it doesn't rain I will be at Alumn all day tomorrow. Sunday, Sam and I will be at Buckeye if it's nice.

So I got the ski back together and went out to Buckeye Friday and went a disappointing 73.0 MPH. Everything was going well so we stopped at Pappa Boos and ate dinner. I started the ski back up and the oil light beeped for a quick second so I pulled the seat off the ski and there is oil all over the engine compartment. I check the dip sick and it's bare. Thank God Sam had two quarts of oil so I put both in and the oil level was back up to the fill mark. When I got the ski home this is what I found.

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u57/playwithlinn/Ski/OilRiver.jpg

The other rubber cupple on the drive shalf that I also had problem with before didn't seal right and oil was leaking out of the seal.

Here is what was in my extractor.

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u57/playwithlinn/Ski/Oilsuckedoutoftheski.jpg

I had the ski torn apart this morning and back together by about 11:30 and was able to go out to Alumn today for a few hours. The water was way to rough for any top speed runs but I had no water leaks and no oil leaks.

I still need to switch to the external intercooler and run the thur hull exhaust. I'm hoping for 75 now with some clean water. I am also really close the rev limiter so we will see if I have to tweak the prop any.

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u57/playwithlinn/Ski/73GPS.jpg

I took the ski out last night and with my girlfriend on the back and half a tank of gas we were able to go 72.4 on a number of few short runs. The ski seems to run the same MPH weather it's just me and no fuel or a full tank of gas and a passenger.

The motor is spinning 8180 the entire time and the soft limiter is 8200. It feels like the ski is now under propped and hitting the soft limiter. Time to get the impeller repitched and get the thru hull on the ski so I can hear it hitting the limiter.

I took the Ski out yesterday and road for 3 hours in 8mph winds and did not have ideal conditional at all. My ski did run 73.6 MPH at 8180 and backing off the throttle about a half an inch the ski still turned 8100. I'm heading out again this morning after I finish installing the thur hull. I can't wait to see how it sounds on the water and see if I can hear it hitting the soft limiter. I hope I can finally find some clean water.

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u57/playwithlinn/Ski/175108507_photobucket_16277_.jpg

Edited by Linn

I didn't get a chance to head out on Sunday as I spend all morning work on the thru hull. I will have to get some video footage of the ski and post it up.

I still need to try and rotate the water box as it is not allowing the rear air to fit correctly.

I'll try to get the ski clean up tonight and get a cell phone video posted as well.

Edited by Linn

Sucks you didn't get to get out. The water was alot more usable on Sunday then it was Saturday. But, at least you are getting it finished up. I cant wait to hear it with the thru hull. It already sounded awesome the other day. I was going to try and grab some video real quick for you, but was too late by the time I got the boat out of the water. Sounded damn good though.

Sucks you didn't get to get out. The water was alot more usable on Sunday then it was Saturday. But, at least you are getting it finished up. I cant wait to hear it with the thru hull. It already sounded awesome the other day. I was going to try and grab some video real quick for you, but was too late by the time I got the boat out of the water. Sounded damn good though.

You should have told me I would have hung around haha. Here is a quick video of the ski with the thru hull.

How did the pipe go together Linn? You have fun drilling through your ski?

Drilling wasn't bad, it was the fact that I drilled a 2.5 inch hole and the exhaust tip is thicker. I think I spend 2 hours trying to make the hole bigger before I got the tip to slid in. As for fitting everything, I had to rotate the J pipe and water box to have the room to fit the pipe and rear air. I also removed all of the rear styrophome.