RXP Project - S/C, Injectors, Impeller, .... ECT

Linn1647545492

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Linn please make sure I am there to witness the first time you ride this.

I'm sure the first ride will not go perfectly. There will be a few bugs to work out. These skis run best ~100 RPM below the rev limiter. So I will probably have to pick up an adjustable Nozzle so I have some control over where the RPMs are.

Can't wait to see the final numbers!

Tommy, I still need to get numbers on the ski and need to talk with you about how I can make black numbers blend in as much as possible on my black hull. I'm sure you will see a number of fly bys this summer.

Wait..... This is going on a Jet Ski, NOT a boat? Damn son..... you has a crazy!

:thumbup:

KillJoy

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u57/playwithlinn/Ski/0430002000.jpg

I'm sure the first ride will not go perfectly. There will be a few bugs to work out. These skis run best ~100 RPM below the rev limiter. So I will probably have to pick up an adjustable Nozzle so I have some control over where the RPMs are.

Few bugs is an understatement. It has been over a year since I added a part to my ski and it still isnt right. the time and effort in tuning these things are way worse than any car. Good luck on the build Linn. If you need anything you know how to reach me.

Last year I finally clocked 76.4 mph on gps and I dont even have my ridplate holes filled.

This year the charger and the injectors are coming off and I am looking at a new charger/injector combo, as well as strongly considering stepping up to a race ECU to spin the motor to 8600rpm. If I pull the trigger on the charger setup I will be hoping for 84-85.

With money going out this summer for a house, boat, a car, ski, and a huge build on the truck, as well as a baby on the way I am just waiting for my wife put the foot down before I buy a 3k charger setup.

BTW I think I am buying another ski this year. For those who have been out with me know that I have two matching 3 seaters aswell, they are going up for sale this year and I am buying a new ski for Shanton to ride(he just doesnt know it yet). I just havent decided what I am going to buy yet.

That is after I fix one of them from Andrew Murnane fucking up my intake grate in Cumberland two years ago.

-Linn, too bad you already bought a prop, I will be getting rid of mine and I think it would have been perfect for you.

Tommy, I still need to get numbers on the ski and need to talk with you about how I can make black numbers blend in as much as possible on my black hull. I'm sure you will see a number of fly bys this summer.

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u57/playwithlinn/Ski/0430002000.jpg

Yeah shouldn't be hard to make them hide.

And fly by's.... orly?

What are you going to do for a life jacket?

Few bugs is an understatement. It has been over a year since I added a part to my ski and it still isnt right. the time and effort in tuning these things are way worse than any car. Good luck on the build Linn. If you need anything you know how to reach me.

Last year I finally clocked 76.4 mph on gps and I dont even have my ridplate holes filled.

-Linn, too bad you already bought a prop, I will be getting rid of mine and I think it would have been perfect for you.

What prop do you have? I might need a second one for colder months. Tunning should be interesting for those of you that don't know, not only do you have to watch the A/F but you also have to tune the ski to run at WOT just below redline which is controled by prop or the size of the nozzle on the ski.

My SpeedFreeks modified X ride plate is being shipped tomorrow :) I am not looking forward to changing out my pump shoe

Cool! :cool:

Take some pics when you have it apart, if you don't mind. I have never worked on or seen these worked on. So I'm kinda curious. I probably wont do much to the ones I get this year. Are they fairly basic to work on as far as the actual work, and just hard because of the limited space? Or?

Cool! :cool:

Take some pics when you have it apart, if you don't mind. I have never worked on or seen these worked on. So I'm kinda curious. I probably wont do much to the ones I get this year. Are they fairly basic to work on as far as the actual work, and just hard because of the limited space? Or?

There is a lot of alingment issues you have to double check and buy special tools to do. Everything have to be aligned perfectly to get the most speed out of the ski and everything needs to be flush with each other.

I'll make sure to take pictures for you.

You just can't rush anything when it comes to a ski. It's not like a car where you can just make more power and go faster.

• 2 weeks later...

SpeedFreeks modified ride plate - I'm going to do alot more polishing to the plate to get it to where I want it but this is a start.

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u57/playwithlinn/Ski/Rideplate.jpg

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u57/playwithlinn/Ski/2011-03-14_20-27-23_973.jpg