New to the fourm

99Cobra

Hey im Brian and im from Medina Ohio. I used to own an 02 Cougar that was modded but it just wasnt very fast so i sold it. Im looking to get a 99 or 01 cobra this spring and im looking forward to modding that. I found out about this site on svtpreformance.com and heard some good things. Here are a few pics of my cougar that i sold, its nothing special by any means.

http://i1005.photobucket.com/albums/af179/cougarxr1129/cougar_crop.jpg

http://i1005.photobucket.com/albums/af179/cougarxr1129/cougar001.jpg

http://i1005.photobucket.com/albums/af179/cougarxr1129/cougar006.jpg

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

+rep to piss off the oven trolls and you followed directions. God forbid we actually let someone on the board who wants to talk cars...

Welcome. Wags you repped before he even made a second post we have now idea how he even handles the heat:p. Thats why I wait until oven threads make it at least 5 pages before repping.

Welcome. Wags you repped before he even made a second post we have now idea how he even handles the heat:p. Thats why I wait until oven threads make it at least 5 pages before repping.

They should not have to deal with "heat". There are people that are already on this board that can't deal with heat and we let them stay.

They should not have to deal with "heat". There are people that are already on this board that can't deal with heat and we let them stay.

- rep for you. your getting soft in your old age.

so you used to have a cougar.. an sold it so now you have no car?

• Downvote 1

wanger why you supportin all the noob cakes lately?

Need some new blood around here, and maybe some people who do more than race with keyboards.

- rep for you. your getting soft in your old age.

Don't ever mistake my kindness for weakness...

Thanks for all the kind replies, I’m just here to talk cars with other enthusiasts. As far as the cougar goes it had more than a cold air intake, it actually had an intake manifold and ecu off an svt contour along with bigger injectors and a cat back exhaust but it was still slow. As mentioned above the 2.5l Duratec isn’t very fast unless you throw a lot of boost at it and even then the car will never hook up. As far as the name I didn’t really mean to offend anyone but I am 100 percent sure that I’m going to get a 99 cobra in the spring so it will make sense once I do ;)
  • Upvote 1

Well most of the cheaper cobras are the 99's due to the problems that SVT had when they launched the car. They made significantly less hp then they should have and SVT recalled most of them and fixed them but there are probably a few still out there that haven’t gotten the "fix". But to answer your question I am SOL if I do get an 01 cobra haha