Which internet provider, speed should I get?

Trouble Maker

if you want the 15 mb twc call and asl for sales..they offering free turbo 15 mb for a year...The 30/50/100 is available in Cincy area now and prolly we just part of Singature (sp) Home package in Columbus

Signature home in Columbus - is still at 15/768 since D3 services aren't available everywhere around 270. We are about 90% done with Columbus.

One of the biggest reasons for non-bundle prices being higher is customer retention. Single product customers tend to skip around between providers more often. The costs of installing and disconnecting service is high, so this is the main factor.

As for On-Screen ads on WOW's guide, I have never seen this ever (I have with Insight, who is pretty shameless about it I might add). Never seen it with TW either. For the HD channels, you are correct that the content is currently low, but WOW will have over double the number of HD channels currently offered by the end of May, with them beginning to roll out the end of next month. At that point, TW will have the fewest HD channels in the area, with all other providers pretty much on par (give or take a couple channels). Hopefully TW steps up their selection too, as I'm stuck with them and would like some additional HD content, as I don't watch any non-HD channels.

I could have swore someone told me they had Ad's at one point in time. Glad to know I was wrong - that really bugs me about Insight doing it.

What HD-Channels are you looking for? I might be able to let you know when they are comming out.

Here is our current HD Lineup:

Movies on Demand HD

Movies on Demand HD

WCMH HD Columbus, OH (NBC)

WSYX HD Columbus, OH (ABC)

WOSU HD Columbus, OH (PBS)

WTTE HD Columbus, OH (FOX)

WBNS HD Columbus, OH (CBS)

WWHO HD (CW)

Disney HD

Disney XD HD

Nickelodeon HD

Cartoon Network HD

ABC Family HD

Hallmark Movie Channel HD

Discovery Channel HD

TLC HD

Science Channel HD

Animal Planet HD

National Geographic HD

History HD

History International HD

Investigation Discovery HD

BIO HD

HD Theater

Smithsonian Channel HD

HGTV HD

Food Network HD

Travel Channel HD

Planet Green HD

Style HD

QVC HD

HSN HD

USA HD

TBS HD

TNT HD

A&E HD

FX HD

Spike TV HD

Comedy Central HD

E! HD

Bravo HD

We TV HD

BET HD

TV One HD

SyFy HD

BBC America HD

Universal HD

MTV HD

VH1 HD

CMT HD

Fuse HD

Palladia HD

TCM HD

AMC HD

LMN HD

IFC HD

MGM HD

Encore HD

Time Warner Cable Movie Pass HD On Demand

ESPN-HD

ESPN2 HD

ESPNU HD

ESPN News HD

ESPN Goal Line/Buzzer Beater HD

Sports Time Ohio HD

Fox Sports Ohio HD

HD Sports Extra

Golf HD

SPEED HD

CBS College Sports HD

Versus HD

NHL HD

NBA TV HD

MLB Network HD

The Tennis Channel HD

G4 HD

Outdoor Channel HD

Big Ten Network HD

MavTV HD

CNN HD

HLN HD

Fox News HD

Fox Business Network HD

MSNBC HD

CNBC HD+

The Weather Channel HD

HD Showcase On Demand

Primetime HD On Demand

Big Ten Network HD On Demand

Smithsonian HD On Demand

HD Movies On Demand

Time Warner Cable Movie Pass HD On Demand

1520 - 1528

Feature Movies on Demand HD

HBO HD

HBO2 HD

HBO Family HD

Cinemax HD

MoreMax HD

ActionMAX HD

Showtime On Demand HD

Showtime HD

Showtime Too HD

Showtime Showcase HD

TMC HD

Starz HD

Pay Per View Events HD

Adult On Demand HD

ESPN 3D

^^^^That's annoying.

I have had ATT for a few years and I can honestly say it is the best cable(fiber) I have had. The speeds are awesome (up to 24mbps in Worthington). I liked TW when I had them but I would say go for ATT. I have also received great customer service as well as all kinds of free offers.

I have had ATT for a few years and I can honestly say it is the best cable(fiber) I have had. .

LOL, there is less fiber feeding your DSL than what is likely feeding you from WOW, Insight, or Time Warner.

Signature home in Columbus - is still at 15/768 since D3 services aren't available everywhere around 270. We are about 90% done with Columbus.

Any mention of a faster upload speed? This TW upload is killing me...I miss my 2Mbps upload. :(

LOL, there is less fiber feeding your DSL than what is likely feeding you from WOW, Insight, or Time Warner.

Any mention of a faster upload speed? This TW upload is killing me...I miss my 2Mbps upload. :(

In the next 3 months - we will have all D3 hardware in place in all of our CMTS's in the Metro Columbus area.

Then it is up to Marketing - when we turn the switch.

2 things I rembered about WOW

1. I love the Quad-Shield Cable they use! So much better than this Piece of Shit cheap dual shield shit TWC uses.

2. If WOW did more marketing - they would have more customers. Very rarely do I see WOW Advertising.

In the next 3 months - we will have all D3 hardware in place in all of our CMTS's in the Metro Columbus area.

Then it is up to Marketing - when we turn the switch.

2 things I rembered about WOW

1. I love the Quad-Shield Cable they use! So much better than this Piece of Shit cheap dual shield shit TWC uses.

2. If WOW did more marketing - they would have more customers. Very rarely do I see WOW Advertising.

1. Ehh, decent dual shield works just fine. Good, correctly installed, tight fittings are more important. There is enough shielding to prevent ingress/egress. Loose terminators, backfeeding devices, and loose fittings are the majorty of leakage we find.

2. WOW doesn't have the deep pockets of Time Warner = much less marketing. Being only in a few regions, WOW doesn't get the perks of advertising nation wide like TW can. That said, we having been breaking some kind of customer growth record every year in Columbus (and are very busy, even during this slow season right now), so it must be working well enough. :) I agree that I would like too see more advertisement...most dollars are spent on campus rush, since that is our max growth time (same for TW I'm sure).

We have WOW. It's been fairly decent, but at times when I'm playing Xbox it'll shut off for a period of probably 5 seconds, and it will come right back on. I haven't checked to see if it's the internet, or if it's my wireless adapter.

I just picked up a service called Clearwire 4G. The coverage area is pretty good around Columbus and we are getting speeds between 9-10mb down and 1mb up. The price is $45/month without a contract and it's very mobile. I can unplug the modem take it with me and plug it in anywhere that has a power outlet. The only reason I tired this was because TW wanted $49.95 a month for the 7mb service after I tried to upgrade from the current 2mb service that I pay $34.95 for.