Sold the BMW

Sam1647545489

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So are you suggesting I do a FB?

Lightest RWD solid axle you will find with any aftermarket.

Since its solid Axle- easily/cheaply upgradeable to unbreakable parts.

Great aero for the price

Easy to find rust free shells, since Rotary motors are as reliable as aids in Africa.

I only know of one, stock as aids, and it goes bottom 11's on chrome wheels and street tires.

AND it fits under the stock fucking hood.

troof! Granted I'm not cool like the big boys w/ an ls1...but this was fun and sexy.

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4129/5222608069_eb8d3149a7.jpg

Fit under the stock hood, EFI would have even more room.

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5244/5287514702_f9c9b545c8.jpg

Fit 26x10.5's on factory foxbody wheels no issue.

Weighed 2400lbs w/ a full interior and 16 gallons in the tank. Easy math says it weighs under 2300lbs w/ only a couple gallons in the tank, and that's a cast block.

Lightest RWD solid axle you will find with any aftermarket.

Since its solid Axle- easily/cheaply upgradeable to unbreakable parts.

Great aero for the price

Easy to find rust free shells, since Rotary motors are as reliable as aids in Africa.

I only know of one, stock as aids, and it goes bottom 11's on chrome wheels and street tires.

80's Toyota Starlet trumps the FB by far.

Starlet- 1,652 lb

FB RX7- 2,300 lb

RWD, solid rear axle, ford 8.8 is nearly direct swap, easily tubbed, huge aftermarket.

No. No, it wasn't.

lulz x1

Opinions are like assholes...everyone's got one. I personally think it looks 10x better than your 1980's s10 w/ a horrible paintjob, but again, that's MY opinion. FB's ARE SEXY!

lulz x2

lulz scott, it ran, and was quick. Until you can beat that you've got nothing.

lulz x3

80's Toyota Starlet trumps the FB by far.

Starlet- 1,652 lb

FB RX7- 2,300 lb

RWD, solid rear axle, ford 8.8 is nearly direct swap, easily tubbed, huge aftermarket.

So says the Toyota nut-swinger.

1) Those weights you are comparing is a STOCK STARLET to a 5.0 swapped FB! LOL FB's are way under 2k with Rotaries in them, and I have seen a stock starlet on a scale, and it was over 1800lbs.

2) Aero sucks if he's trying to do anything involving highway racing/standing mile

3) FB is longer he's trying to do anything involving highway racing/standing mile

4) FB has MUCH better aftermarket/factory options (GLS-SE brakes, suspension..ect)

5) Have fun finding a starlet for 2 dollars. There are 5 clean FB shells for sale, right now (one being a GLS-SE big brake/rear end car) for sale right now for $500 and down.

LS1 swapped chopper trike. You NEVER see those bruh. Would be straight tits poppin wheelies on 270 at 150+ miles an hour. It'd be like your 5 again, got that badass big wheel doin smokey burnouts makin panties drop fasters than your balls.

chopper trikes are for fat butch chicks and paraplegics

I'm a believer of the FB qoutient. I'm starting to question my choice in chassis. But if you were to listen to Chris I've got more than enough bank roll to cover the difference in weight with more power. Actually he's right, but I'm not gonna tell him that.

So says the Toyota nut-swinger.

1) Those weights you are comparing is a STOCK STARLET to a 5.0 swapped FB! LOL FB's are way under 2k with Rotaries in them, and I have seen a stock starlet on a scale, and it was over 1800lbs.

Just quit talking... Do some research on curb weights and show me where you find that an FB is less than 2000lbs from factory.

My Eyeballs is all the research I need. I have witnessed one on the scale, stock 12a. 1875 lbs GLS-SE will weight more.

Is that the only point your going to refute? Thats not much of an argument brosef.

You don't know shit about Starlets.

Again, you're clueless and prove me wrong.. I want to see facts. Not, "OH BUT I SAW ONE ON THE SCALE ONCE DURR DUR DURRRRRRRR."

Edit* Also, you can fuck off for calling me a Toyota nutswinger, I'm surprised you quit jerking off to the memory of your Colt long enough to make a post. :gtfo:

Yup. I Dont know shit.

This is the Corolla we switched to since the Starlet was so sketchy up top.

http://www.buschurracing.com/racing-jerrytoyota.htm

I had my hands on this car more than Dave Buschur himself. I was actually the one that facilitated David tuning the car when we switched to AEM. It was only 60lbs heavier than the starlet, stock for stock.

But yes, I don't know what I'm talking about. I am sure you have much more experience than I with very high HO light, RWD platforms. So, I will let you, the expert, have the reins here.