Best Steak...

nurkvinny

Another post in another thread got me wondering...

I like steak. A lot. I am usually very let down at "steaks" when I get them from places like AppleBees, Logan's, Champps, etc. The best steak I can remember was actually a fairly cheap one from Outback back in the day on Main.

Where - nearer to the East side the better - is THE place for a great steak? I'm thinking 25-30 bucks, but maybe more if it is worth it.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We go to Logan's sometimes. At times their steak is extremely good, and other times it's OK. But sure, it's worth a shot. Benihana is more of a high end place, but the hibachi steak is insanely amazing. If you want some really good steak, go to the state fair.

If you're looking for more mainstream level dress casual vs the high end steak places in town, I'll tell you that Cap City Diner just south of OSU Campus has been top notch lately. I take clients / Doctors there a lot as it's central and the past 3-4 times, I've had simply amazing steaks. The last one was a strip steak and I could cut that sucker with a fork. Take the wife for dinner and enjoy. They have a place out near Gahanna too. Never been, but I bet they get the meats from the same source.

I love steak as well, filet/ tenderloin is the only thing I get. i prefer to get a beef tenderloin from andersons house of meats on Scarborough when its 5.99-7.99, That's for home use, you can cut it up in what ever size steaks you like.. If you want it cooked for you I feel the best chain restaurant is Long Horn(there's one right on 256 by the theater). The rub they put on their steaks is absolute sex in your mouth. I use a little salt and pepper to eat steaks, no sauce or other bullshit. If the steaks not good enough to eat tasting like steak you should either send it back, or not order a steak.

I'm white; can I get in there?

:)

Menu looks awesome.

its a mixed crowd. do you like jazz and smooth music? if yes then your good. if you like top notch food. if yes then your good. if you wanna have a romantic dinner with the woman. then your good. its a nice place check it out

i cant say whats the best, as i dont go out for steaks very often...id rather make one on the grill at home...

but we just went to the elevator 2 weekends ago and i got a 14oz new york strip and it was $27, and it was simply amazing...i also love prime rib from hoggys and damons, but thats just chain food, so i wouldnt put that in the rankings.

Depends obviously, on how much you want to pay. I had a buddy in grad school who was a waiter at j alexanders on rt 23. Their steaks are better than outback/Texas roadhouse type restaurants but not quite top-end, like a mortons. I went to just about every major steakhouse multiple time when I lived in Columbus. If you're looking for a restaurant to go out for a routine dinner, you can't go wrong with outback or Texas roadhouse. If you're looking for something a little nicer, you can't go wrong with mitchells downtown, or Hyde park on the cap. J alexanders is also one of my favorites. I think morons is worth it once a year, but some would argue that it's too pricey.

Overall, my vote goes to dowtown mitchells. The food was great every time, and I loved the restaurant itself-was an old bank, so the inside layout is pretty cool