Best Steak...

nurkvinny

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Get the porterhouse cuts (I believe it is 3/4 of cow's life is grass fed, rest grain fed) or ribeyes (all grass fed) from Whole foods and cook it at home. Honestly with little preparation and patience it is comparable to any high end steak houses ($50+).

For $30 and a beer I'll cook you the best kick ass porterhouse or ribeye in the neighborhood.

I can wait for slightly warmer weather so I can get my pansy ass outside to grill one up.

The best steak I had last year is when I cut out of work early, came home for lunch and grilled up a 16oz Ribeye and had two beers in complete silence on my deck. No kids, no wife, just steak and beer. :cool:

The best steak I had last year is when I cut out of work early, came home for lunch and grilled up a 16oz Ribeye and had two beers in complete silence on my deck. No kids, no wife, just steak and beer. :cool:

I had an extremely similar day.

Had been marinating a large deer steak in a burgundy sauce for 2 days after tenderizing it. Sunday 3pm. Large grill was out of gas. Only had my small camping Coleman.

Coleman on high to heat up, plopped steak on, had small frosty mug, exactly one turn of steak, had next mug, medium-rare steak done with no sides besides salt and pepper. Maybe a few more mugs...

Still one of the best grilling / steak days so far.

$20 20oz Porterhouse at Hickory House

decided to go here tonight after reading this...it really was a pretty good steak, and for $19.95 for steak, mashed potatos, and a salad, i'll probably go back..

although i did wish i saw the little table top ad thing on the back side that said 16oz prime rib for $1 more. oh well...good dinner either way.

decided to go here tonight after reading this...it really was a pretty good steak, and for $19.95 for steak, mashed potatos, and a salad, i'll probably go back..

although i did wish i saw the little table top ad thing on the back side that said 16oz prime rib for $1 more. oh well...good dinner either way.

I took the wife there years ago, and both decided never to go back.

Sounds like it has changed.

Best steak in the NE region is served at my house. Not to toot my own horn, but I grill the tastiest ribeye. period. Mainly because of my 14 ingredient dry rub. Steaks at a restaurant are just too over-priced, IMO. If I'm in the mood for steak, I grill it myself. If I'm out to dinner someplace, I order something else.