Any of you rented a car lately?

Browning

Never rented one but we're getting ready to take a trip to visit the rock and roll hall of fame and would rather rent a car than drive one of ours. Just trying to get a ballpark figure on what it might cost for 2-3 days if possible?

edit-just need a normal sized 4 door for 4 people

probably a little cheaper here use the airport rental offices they have better deals and more cars to choose from

This

The receipts from National when I rent cars for work are in the $67 per day for a fullsize.

The other thing you could do is gamble. What I mean by that is become a National 'Emerald Isle' Member (which last time I checked was just a free frequent customer program. Once you have this you can show up and rent anything in the emerald isle club for the same price, just walk up and take it.

So you could pay for a compact and then walk up and take an SUV. lol. I do this for work too and they charge the same. But you risk they don't have anything and you get a Kia Soul. But I've never seen an emerald isle that didn't have at least a few minivans. Not all Nationals have emerald isles, call ahead and verify.

Rented several cars over the last year or so. You can also go to kayak.com. Their website links to about 5 other sites for comparison. Prices will vary on a day to day basis. Be patient, but don't wait too long.

Try different pickup and dropoff times when you're pricing. I recently saved $100 by bringing the car back one hour earlier.

i still dont understand why people would pay to rent a car rather than drive their own car...i mean, unless i was taking a big group of people and i drove an s2000 or something, i dont see how it makes sense. you're gonna pay to rent a car, plus gas, insurance, instead of driving your car for just the gas you burn and insurance you already pay for?

i still dont understand why people would pay to rent a car rather than drive their own car...i mean, unless i was taking a big group of people and i drove an s2000 or something, i dont see how it makes sense. you're gonna pay to rent a car, plus gas, insurance, instead of driving your car for just the gas you burn and insurance you already pay for?

Exactly. Cleveland is a whopping 2 hours away.

airport charges special rates and extra tax, stay away from there.... hop on priceline/pricewatch.com i think my brother tagged a sebring for like $27 a day

I always book on Hotwire.com because they have even better deals. I just got a midsize car for $14.95/day for our trip to Florida.

Maybe they drive an unreliable POS and don't feel safe taking it out of town... :popcorn:

Besides, it's actually cheaper in the long run. Think about it:

1. You don't put miles on your car.

2. No maintenance for the extra distance.

3. If you have a problem or break down the rental company brings you another (you aren't stuck dealing with repairs or anything).

4. Maybe you are renting a car that gets two or three times the gas mileage as your vehicle (which saves $ on long trips).

5. Depending on your personal insurance it is already covered so no need for the extra coverage through the co.

..etc...etc...there are plenty of reasons... :D

Exactly. Cleveland is a whopping 2 hours away.

Exactly, it IS Cleveland....maybe he doesn't want his personal car stolen or damaged while he is there... :lol:

Edited by Got-Busa?

My wife travels a lot for her work and normally has a rental car at least once a week for her trips. She normally rents through Hertz because her company gets a discount. With tax and everything, she can get a mid-sized for $40 per day and a full size for $42 per day.

1. My truck knocks so that's not a great idea.

2. G/f's neon has recently developed a random stall so I doubt it's a great idea either.

3. Neither are that comfy anyways.

3. Would make the trip that much more enjoyable imo.

4. Herp derp

Maybe they drive an unreliable POS and don't feel safe taking it out of town... :popcorn:

Besides, it's actually cheaper in the long run. Think about it:

1. You don't put miles on your car.

2. No maintenance for the extra distance.

3. If you have a problem or break down the rental company brings you another (you aren't stuck dealing with repairs or anything).

4. Maybe you are renting a car that gets two or three times the gas mileage as your vehicle (which saves $ on long trips).

5. Depending on your personal insurance it is already covered so no need for the extra coverage through the co.

..etc...etc...there are plenty of reasons... :D

Exactly, it IS Cleveland....maybe he doesn't want his personal car stolen or damaged while he is there... :lol:

:werd:

If your renting for the just the weekend look at enterprise they do a weekend rates that are killer.

http://www.enterprise.com/car_rental/deeplinkmap.do?bid=002&cust=MSWSRTA&arc=OOTtr9mlaCk-PmfuixDt1gJvlMNsOQ3zCg&cm_mmc=LinkShare-_-Null-_-Null-_-OOTtr9mlaCk-PmfuixDt1gJvlMNsOQ3zCg

Evan i have two decent cars... Both reliable but i rent when i take weekend road trips some times for two major reasons, miles on my cars and the big one, I dont care about the car at all when im on vacation its just one less stress. Did someone ding my door, muddy parking lots, throw empty botttle and food in the back seat, etc...