guy plows through crowd of cyclists in BR

jeffro

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

as a cyclist I'm not amused.

ill be riding 105mi down and 105 mi back from columbus to portsmouth in may,you assholes better not get any ideas. If you do try and miss the guy in a yellow corona jersey. and the people around him.

blond was hot though

Tosrv is a great ride I started on a tandem with my dad when I was 8 and went solo when I was 13. I rode it 8 years in a row.

then have some respect and stay the fuck out of the way

Now you are jut generalizing that all cyclists do this which is untrue, I stay a close to the berm a I am comfortable with. Here is what the ORC has to say,

4511.55. Operating bicycles and motorcycles on roadway.

(A) Every person operating a bicycle upon a roadway shall ride as near to the right side of the roadway as practicable obeying all traffic rules applicable to vehicles and exercising due care when passing a standing vehicle or one proceeding in the same direction.

(B) Persons riding bicycles or motorcycles upon a roadway shall ride not more than two abreast in a single lane, except on paths or parts of roadways set aside for the exclusive use of bicycles or motorcycles.

© This section does not require a person operating a bicycle to ride at the edge of the roadway when it is unreasonable or unsafe to do so. Conditions that may require riding away from the edge of the roadway include when necessary to avoid fixed or moving objects, parked or moving vehicles, surface hazards, or if it otherwise is unsafe or impracticable to do so, including if the lane is too narrow for the bicycle and an overtaking vehicle to travel safely side by side within the lane.

Also, keep in mind, there are going to be many many more bicycles on the road again this summer if the gas prices keep going up. There is nothing wrong with riding on main roads, most have two or more lanes for a reason, passing.

Then stop at fucking red lights.

Nah, as long as traffic is clear..nope. Im riding a distance over time and trying to get the best mph avg while training. As long as i don't interfere with crossing traffic, you can have fun texting at the red light while i fly by on the birm. try and pinch me as im passing on the right, youll lose a mirror and get your ass beat by a 6'2 guy in spandex with a bike pump.

/youmadbro.jpg

Now you are jut generalizing that all cyclists do this which is untrue, I stay a close to the berm a I am comfortable with. Here is what the ORC has to say,

4511.55. Operating bicycles and motorcycles on roadway.

(A) Every person operating a bicycle upon a roadway shall ride as near to the right side of the roadway as practicable obeying all traffic rules applicable to vehicles and exercising due care when passing a standing vehicle or one proceeding in the same direction.

(B) Persons riding bicycles or motorcycles upon a roadway shall ride not more than two abreast in a single lane, except on paths or parts of roadways set aside for the exclusive use of bicycles or motorcycles.

© This section does not require a person operating a bicycle to ride at the edge of the roadway when it is unreasonable or unsafe to do so. Conditions that may require riding away from the edge of the roadway include when necessary to avoid fixed or moving objects, parked or moving vehicles, surface hazards, or if it otherwise is unsafe or impracticable to do so, including if the lane is too narrow for the bicycle and an overtaking vehicle to travel safely side by side within the lane.

single riders arent to bad, its when you have the fucking group of riders that take up the whole fucking lane and they dont give a fuck about anyone else because they are in the fucking zone.

As a cyclist AND a commuter, I'm not sure how to feel here.

First of all, can some one explain to me what the hell Mass Affect is and why they can't leave a lane clear?

I believe in "Share the road", but only on the condition that is goes both ways. Cyclist need to share it, by staying tot eh right and letting cars pass. What the Critical Mass kiddies with no jobs may not realize is; Some driver have their livelyhoods on the line.

Some times, getting where you're going on time means the difference between employment and unemployment, among other things. If you block traffic, you invite the rage of motorists. Rage is not anger, rage is irrational, and it will fuck you up. Do not poke people with sticks, you will get hurt.

PS; I don't care what the ORC says. I mean to stay alive when I ride. Ride single file, stay right.

That's the problem. Our laws are illogical. Pedestrians and bicyclists have the right of way, yet I'm the one in the 2ton speeding piece of machinery that'll take me over 100ft to stop what'l take you 2ft. In Mexico, if cross moving traffic without using a predetermined crosswalk and get hit, too fucking bad.

It's an issue where people just figure, I have the right of way, so fuck it, fuck you, etc.

I don't know how many people I see walk right out in front of me without so much as a fucking glance! Of course, not everyone is like this and not every cyclists is self involved ass. I enjoy cycling myself, but having spent many years in Cali, I'm well aware I'm no different than a car once I'm on it.

Edited by ImUrOBGYN

First, I'm not condoning this behaviour at all, however, I would like to add that these cyclists are part of group called Critical Mass that get together over the world to cycle in protest. Like anything, many of the functions over time have gotten a bad rap due to the assholes that attend and fuck everything up. Basically, many of the groups go out and have the complete opposite effect of what the group was originally intended to do.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Critical_Mass

:whistle:

Fuck you. Yield to me riding where I'm supposed to and quit your bitching.

Just like the highway; Stay right unless you're passing. Sharing the road does not mean hog-it vs Forfeit.

Everyone stays out of each others way, everyone gets along. Go spend a workday in Zurich and see how they do it.

Then stop at fucking red lights.

^^ and stay the fuck out of my blind spot and if you decide to try and go straight crossing in front of me as I turn right with my signal on, you're going to fly across my hood and paint my fender with your nuts as I'm not yielding to any more dicks who think that bicyclists can do whatever they want.

I had a guy actually try that and wipe out right at Snouffer and Bent Tree. Then he proceeded to get up flicking ME off. FUCK YOU. You wiped out and were in the wrong. I HAVE the right of way NOT YOU. I was turning right, came to a complete stop and signaled. YOU tried to run the red light. DUMB ASS!

Cop let me go within 5 minutes but I believe wrote the bicyclist up. That was years ago, but it still happens there all the time.

• Downvote 1

On a similar note I was behind a car not in a blind spot and the dumb bitch decided not to use a turn signal causing me to come very close to hitting her. Point being there are assholes in cars and assholes on bikes and that will never change.

On a similar note I was behind a car not in a blind spot and the dumb bitch decided not to use a turn signal causing me to come very close to hitting her. Point being there are assholes in cars and assholes on bikes and that will never change.

Gotta leave distance just like in a car though. Otherwise, IMO, you're just as guilty as a car that perhaps didn't leave proper distance and hit that car.

This is why bikes NEED to yield to cars and keep their head on a swivel. "I was legally right" is a stupid epitaph.

Experiment for you cyclists who get hated on by cars:

First question; Do you wear the tights? Cycling garb?

You'll find people much more sympathetic if you dress in regular clothes.

Drivers, especially commuters, are more willing to make way for folk riding their bike *some where* for some *reason*.

If you're just out because it's a hobby, out for a larf, out for shits and giggles... why should I make way for you when I've got shit to do? Being clad in riding garb immediately puts the label on you, and you're much less likely to get sympathy from commuters.... and I kinda agree... and kinda dont. The roads are for everyone who pays taxes.... but they're not a play thing. They were made to get people and goods from point A to point B, anyone using them for something else should kindly duck out of the way of folk with things to do.

Try riding in normal clothes (and not riding like a dick) and see how many hates you don't get.

Cop let me go within 5 minutes but I believe wrote the bicyclist up. That was years ago, but it still happens there all the time.

That cyclist owes you paint.

I don't know how many people I see walk right out in front of me without so much as a fucking glance! Of course, not everyone is like this and not every cyclists is self involved ass. I enjoy cycling myself, but having spent many years in Cali, I'm well aware I'm no different than a car once I'm on it.

I do this at Best Buy at Polaris all the time. If you're dumb enough to try and drive in front of the stores if you're in a hurry, then you can wait for my happy ass to cross the cross walk in front of you :)