New sportbike rider in Columbus

TinyTim

Welcome man. Any thoughts on a bike yet? Or did I miss that one already?

I am surfing craigslist every day, hanging out at dealerships on the weekends, and putting money away each week. I am looking for a Yamaha/Honda/Suzuki 600cc frontliner, preferably fuel injected, 99 and up. I have 3k now and I am open to suggestions. So yeah, right now lots of thoughts and hopes, not much reality. I am hoping to pull enough money together fast enough to be riding again by my birthday (I think I can do that). If you have any ideas let me know!

it's too bad that sportbike=hooligan over here... I definitely got a few odd looks in NH, but in general most people were pretty understanding. Of course UA does seem to be a bit more conservative than the town I lived in in the "live free or die" state.

well wait till they get a load of vroddave's and my cruisers noise levels... make the windows shake I tell ya...v-twin power!

Thanks you for welcoming me to the site! I picked up a 99 R6 the other night, the battery is toast and there may be some issue with the cooling system, but even still it should be a great deal. The manual arrives monday, and I hope to get it in good working order in the next week or two (I am hoping to only have to replace the thermostat and battery, but I get to find that out next week). I can't wait to ride with you guys!