Q7 was no fun, and the B5 S4 needed a brother.

Mr. Jones

The v is not close in price when equipped the same. These top about 60k. The v is about 15k more.

More like a $10 difference if that. Add in the Audi Prestige trim and you're starting at nearly $53k and likely will end up at $58k once you deck that out. IMO if you're spending $50k on a car yet not able to afford a mere $5-10k more than you probably shouldn't be spending $50k on a car to begin with. Especially if it's a third car and you're a single male.

Edited by TTQ B4U

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

More like a $10 difference. IMO if you're spending $50k on a car yet not able to afford a mere $10k more than you probably shouldn't be spending $50k on a car to begin with. Especially if it's a third car and you're a single male.

But why bother spending more for an inferior car :D

Plus, you've got to draw the line somewhere.

Plus, you've got to draw the line somewhere.

Always "Marry-up"

I'm so close to pulling the trigger on the CTS-V I literally have to remind myself not to go look at one. Daily I get the urge. If I didn't have three cars, one being free, and would drive it daily, the CTS-V would be in my garage now.

More like a $10 difference. IMO if you're spending $50k on a car yet not able to afford a mere $10k more than you probably shouldn't be spending $50k on a car to begin with. Especially if it's a third car and you're a single male.

I'm not doubting the prowess of the CTS-V whatsoever. If all I wanted was outright rubbberlayin' speed at any cost, It would be the only option in sedans.

I've driven Audi's for so many years, and I can't seem to migrate away from the brand. Drove a C63 AMG a couple days before buying the S4 .

Great car, great sound, giant NA V8. It was fun, and raw certainly, but it lacked usefulness below 50mph other than depositing rubber on the ground and a certain refinement.

Mercedes also nickels and dimes you to death for options.

"starts at 58k" Means every new one costs at least 72K, and you don't even a get a LSD for that.

For what a bare bones nothing automatic only C63 costs, I get a fully loaded awd sedan with AWD, 7 speed Dual Clutch DSG, launch control, and the comfort of working with service personnel I've known for years.

For me it was a no brainer, a couple drives and I was sold. Not everyone will choose the same thing, thank GOD. God bless america. :cool:

I've driven Audi's for so many years, and I can't seem to migrate away from the brand.

They say once you go gay you don't ever go back :bangbang:

j/k. Nice car. Needs more black or charcoal though. Ben's STi has me liking that color now.

True, let me know how that works for you in winter.

With a set of snow tires, no different than any other rear drive car with TC and Stability control, etc. I mean seriously, if one can't drive a modern day car with all their babysitting modes in the winter then they shouldn't be driving period. Besides, winter here is so damn brief....

More like a $10 difference if that. Add in the Audi Prestige trim and you're starting at nearly $53k and likely will end up at $58k once you deck that out. IMO if you're spending $50k on a car yet not able to afford a mere $5-10k more than you probably shouldn't be spending $50k on a car to begin with. Especially if it's a third car and you're a single male.

10k is 20%, a sizable amount.

Its fine that you would save/spend an extra 10k and buy the V, but they are clearly in different price points.

You laughing at me or with me? :asshole:

If we had a short winter here, I'd have a lotus Exige.

I judge winters by how long or early it is feasible to drive something like an Exige or 599 GTO around for.

It would be questionable at any temp below 60 degrees. Making late Sep/Early Nov quitting season and you wouldn't' be able to really get out with it until April going into May.

If I lived in Socal, I'd prob DD a Exige & E92 M3, but not in shit-tastic Ohio.

Here I'll take my fleet of bloated AWD cars that I can drive an idiot all year long.

Loaded S4: 62,850

Loaded CTS-V: 71,870

So 9k, but the Audi has some features not available in the V, such as adaptive cruise and side assist (going from memory, haven't looked closely to see if 100%).

In my opinion, different price points even loaded out. Compare them equipped similarly and the price difference jumps up to closer to 15k.

Just priced one more frugally, 52,800. Fantastic price compared to the B6/B7 at same price for much less of a car.

If we had a short winter here, I'd have a lotus Exige.

I judge winters by how long or early it is feasible to drive something like an Exige or 599 GTO around for. It would be questionable at any temp below 60 degrees. Making late Sep/Early Nov quitting season and you wouldn't' be able to really get out with it until April going into May.

If I lived in Socal, I'd prob DD a Exige & E92 M3, but not in shit-tastic Ohio.

Here I'll take my fleet of bloated AWD cars that I can drive an idiot all year long.

I guess all the RWD loving folks in Europian countries have more skills and balls than the pansies her in the states as they drive them all year round in winters that make OH seem like paradise.

I judge winters by how often we really have snow on the road. Given you have a couple AWD vehicles for the really bad days, I wouldn't have guessed you needed another. When I get my CTS, I'll likely drive the MS3 in the snow just because I'll baby the Caddy.

I guess all the RWD loving folks in Europian countries have more skills and balls than the pansies her in the states as they drive them all year round in winters that make OH seem like paradise.

I judge winters by how often we really have snow on the road. Given you have a couple AWD vehicles for the really bad days, I wouldn't have guessed you needed another. When I get my CTS, I'll likely drive the MS3 in the snow just because I'll baby the Caddy.

Like I said, I'm not hating, thank god we are given such variety. It would suck if everyone had the same car.

Heres to being able to buy what you want!

I'm not scared of that big girls car dig or roll get sum of this neon with ur high dollar fancy mobile...

I guess to your car, his 11 year old S4 is high dollar.

I miss you Paul, real talk.

<3

Is this happening?

If so, I want to put money down.